PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Stones?

gatorade
02-14-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm going in to doctor tuesday to get myself checked out ever since I've been waking up massive kidney pains and increased frequency of micturation. I was supposed to go get myself checked a few months ago but lazyness and stupidity delayed this. Now that I am in pain I am going to get this checked out.

Wondering if anyone here has ever experienced kidney stones

IhateDomestic
02-15-2009, 03:46 PM
:dunno:

old&slow
02-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Yep...hurts like hell.
First time I had it the pain was all in my back.
Second time, 15 years later it was in my back but also in my lower abdomen. Pain is terrible.

I ended up with complications due to pain meds(narcotics) and spent a further 2 weeks with severe digestive issues...Torodal is your friend!

funkedelic2
02-15-2009, 04:12 PM
My dad had them like 10 years ago, he said it was the worst pain he had ever experienced. Get checked asap

gatorade
02-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I went to the doc, all he gave me were anti inflammatory for my back, I got in for blood work and xray this week

Gorilla
02-17-2009, 10:29 PM
It's supposed to be the equivalent to giving birth...

Kavy
02-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Its painful as hell.

Had some last year they lasered them to break them up then i had to pass them. Yeah.............Oxycontin.

Speed_69
02-18-2009, 12:19 AM
My old boss had them and said it's more painful then giving birth and that it's the most painful thing ever.

Cooked Rice
02-18-2009, 12:20 AM
i'm still quite young, but how do you avoid them? i remember my dad also had them, is it anyway genetic/blood related?

89coupe
02-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by gatorade
I'm going in to doctor tuesday to get myself checked out ever since I've been waking up massive kidney pains and increased frequency of micturation. I was supposed to go get myself checked a few months ago but lazyness and stupidity delayed this. Now that I am in pain I am going to get this checked out.

Wondering if anyone here has ever experienced kidney stones

I had one, and still have one in me.

It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced, and I've broken bones, lets just say I thought i was dying...LOL

I had to have it removed as it got stuck on its way out. Thank goodness for morphene.

I have another one still lodged in my kidney which couldn't be removed. I'm looking for the day that decides to come out....NOT!:rofl:

gatorade
02-18-2009, 01:50 AM
god, this just makes it sound worse and worse, how long did it take to get it out, I got blood work and xrays done today but I wont know till thursday

89coupe
02-18-2009, 01:54 AM
god, this just makes it sound worse and worse, how long did it take to get it out, I got blood work and xrays done today but I wont know till thursday

Removing it is not painful at all, its the stone moving inside you that is painful.

I compared the pain of the stone moving inside equivalent to being kicked in the balls and having someone beat you with a bat at the same time...LOL

To remove it they go up your willy...lol. Just pray they don't need to put a stent in you, cause when they remove that, they do it orally and without anesthetic.:eek:

I was in the hospital and out the next day. They put you under for removing the stone.

gatorade
02-18-2009, 01:56 AM
wtf this is horrible, I thought they give you anti biotics or use soundwaves, they actually have to stick shit in your junk?, so you have to sit there screaming while they put shit in you omg

89coupe
02-18-2009, 01:58 AM
wtf this is horrible, I thought they give you anti biotics or use soundwaves, they actually have to stick shit in your junk?, so you have to sit there screaming while they put shit in you omg

LOL, I had to have mine removed because it got stuck. If they feel they have to go in, yes they go up your junk...lol.

But they put you under, so no biggie.

Subwoofah
02-18-2009, 02:02 AM
Has anyone tried some kidney cleansing remedies? It goes like this...

1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best) every 2 hours for 3 days. On the odd hours you can have water, or "one kind" of juice. No Food.

At the end of the third day be all ready for bed. Take 1/3 cup of castor oil or cod liver oil and 2 oz. of lemon juice. Drink that and get into bed and stay there. Make sure you don't get up for at least 20 to 30 minutes, or you will get sick.

Also try the liver flush...
http://www.colonzone.org/liver-flush.php

89coupe
02-18-2009, 02:04 AM
My doctor told me that I could try drinking pure lemon juice on a daily basis, he said it may help in breaking down the stone that is still inside me, but there is no gaurantee it will completely disolve it.

The best approach to avoiding kidney stones is to drink lots of water everyday.

Dehydration is the number one cause for stones. The next is genetics.

gatorade
03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
been a week since my xrays and they haven't called me so I must be good, they call you if there is any problem

bubbley
03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
*slams 4 litres of water

kolumbo69
03-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Calgary is the kidney stone capital of canada, it's said that our city water which is fairly mineralized is the problem.

89coupe
03-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by kolumbo69
Calgary is the kidney stone capital of canada, it's said that our city water which is fairly mineralized is the problem.

LOL, source?

JfuckinC
03-12-2009, 11:36 AM
My boss had them the other day, i had to drive him to the South emergency thing there on mcleod. Mother fucker did he look like he was in pain. I thought he was dying to be honest. Freaked me right out.

I drink a ton of water anyway, thank god.

rx7girlie
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
when some ppl come to er with stones, they are in such rough shape, they get triaged pretty high priority (level 2) and get seen sooner for sure. they are in rough shape - nausea, vomiting, blood in urine, "loin to groin" pain, pale, sweaty, fever (you can get infections on top of it all....yeessh)

of course, we hydrate and give plenty of analgesic..

CT scan is the "gold standard" for diagnostics...

And yeah, you can have them blasted away with external shock waves (lithotripsy) as well.

89coupe
03-13-2009, 08:59 AM
When I experienced mine, I literally thought I was dying. I wasn't sure what was happening to me, but the pain started in my growing area and moved its way to my back.

The pain became so instense I thought for sure I was dying...LOL.

I figured I better call an ambulance since I was home alone, and thought driving to the hospital might be a bad idea in case I passed out or something.

When they arrived they pumped me full of morphine and within 5 minutes I was on cloud nine...lol.

I didn't have to wait for anything, I was immediately put into a room at Peter Lougheed and had a doctor seeing me within 10 minutes of arriving.

From there I was immiediately moved to the CT scan room. After that she told me I had two stones in me, one was lodged in the meat of my kidney and the other was stuck in the urethra between my kidney and bladder.

Because the one stone was stuck they booked me in for surgery immediately at the Rocky View Hostpital. Lithotripsy is only used for very large stones, since mine was only 3mm in size this type of treatment cannot be used. Instead they had to go up there and pull it out :nut:

Oh, while it was stuck, I had the constant feeling that I needed to piss...LOL...literally every 5 minutes.

So three hours later I was booked into the Rocky View and waiting for surgery which happened the next morning, by the afternoon I was out and on my way home. Little to no pain after surgery.

I'm certain the reason I got my stones was from drinking too many Red Bulls and not enough water. Caffeine is really bad as it dehyrdrates you.

02WhiteWs6
03-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Subwoofah
Has anyone tried some kidney cleansing remedies? It goes like this...

1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best) every 2 hours for 3 days. On the odd hours you can have water, or "one kind" of juice. No Food.

At the end of the third day be all ready for bed. Take 1/3 cup of castor oil or cod liver oil and 2 oz. of lemon juice. Drink that and get into bed and stay there. Make sure you don't get up for at least 20 to 30 minutes, or you will get sick.

Also try the liver flush...
http://www.colonzone.org/liver-flush.php
I can tell you #1 works great. I dissolved two of them completely. Well completely enough not to know I passed them. I had two of them about 2yrs apart. I used the fresh squeezed lemon juice with some tree bark additive from the health food store. Man that was gross, I can't decide what was worse, drinking that stuff for 3 days, or the actual kidney stone. I was eating too much greasy foods. And yes, it is a drowning pain that just keep on going. BTW, the doctor said that tree bark/lemon juice stuff wouldn't work. He rather pump me full of glow-in-the dark stuff, x-ray me to death, make me drink stuff that blows a hole in my toilet, and shove stuff up my ass. Rather than just recommend drinking lemon juice.