PDA

View Full Version : IS2 Staffing Agency

megafandrew
02-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Any of you guys know of this place or have you worked for them at all? I want to apply for a few jobs there but last time I dealt with them I didn't get the position (I was working at Albian in Fort McMurray at the time) does anyone know if they are a good temp. work agency to go to? I had problems with them saying they could not get a hold of my reference, I called/asked my reference this (Syncrude ref.) and they confirmed they recieved a call from the agency so I don't know mabey I didn't have the skills required or something and I wasn't living in Edmonton at the time but had a place there, but they could have just said that instead of "we can't seem to get a hold of your reference" Anyways anyone that has worked for them, or a friend/relative that has had a temp. job threw them or what you have heard about them let me know as like I said I would like to get a temp. job for now. I would go back to Syncrude/Albian but due to recession hitting and lay off's they really aren't looking for apprentices in any trade really right now. :confused: damn I dont want my contract of apprenticeship to expire if I dont get back into the trade soon. I think the apprenticeship board gives you a years time out of your trade isn't it?

Graham_A_M
02-14-2009, 06:26 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/251309/is2-staffing-services-question/

A very quick search would have avoided the need for this thread. Please search next time if you have a question ;)

D911
02-15-2009, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/251309/is2-staffing-services-question/

A very quick search would have avoided the need for this thread. Please search next time if you have a question ;)

nothing in that thread really answers his question.
starting a new thread was probably better in this case.

And i was actually contemplating going over there because i passed it by on 32nd the other day, and was kind of wondering how effective they'd actually be.

megafandrew
02-15-2009, 03:47 AM
Sorry man I dont mean to post up too many of the same questions as it annoys me too lol. But this is a bit different then that link, the guy there ask's if they keep a file on him. I want to know if anyone has worked or recieved a job threw IS2 and what they think /heard about them . :) jeeze nobody has worked for them? they must not be that great then lol I figured someone on here might have I seen it thrown around a few times :dunno:

seany99119
02-16-2009, 11:56 PM
The only staffing agency i have ever worked for was randstad.
They weren't bad it just totally depends on where they send you.

Jonel
02-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by megafandrew
Sorry man I dont mean to post up too many of the same questions as it annoys me too lol. But this is a bit different then that link, the guy there ask's if they keep a file on him. I want to know if anyone has worked or recieved a job threw IS2 and what they think /heard about them . :) jeeze nobody has worked for them? they must not be that great then lol I figured someone on here might have I seen it thrown around a few times :dunno:

Hehe sorry I was having a brain fart moment that day.

As for IS2, I think my experience with them is great, mind you it was about 3-4 years ago. IIRC it took them about a week or two to find me and my cousin a job (we applied together). Basically they ask you what kind of job you're interested in and then give you a small test to determine if you are fit for those job.