PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on Bell phones

FallenAngel
10-09-2003, 11:59 PM
Unfortunately, my corporate plan is with Bell, but I get a pretty decent plan and great discounts. I need to decide which phone I want, but the choices are pretty limited.

I'm not a big fan of AudioVox or LG, so I'm not even going to bother with those. I've never had a Kyocera, so I'm not really sure what to expect. I've had a Samsung before, and it was pretty decent.

So the choices are:

Samsung A460 $169.00
Samsung N400 $299.00
Samsung A500 $379.00
Kyocera 7135 $669.00

I can also get a Blackberry 6750 for $579.00... but I can't really think of a reason to get one.

Anybody have any opinions/experience with any of these? I wanted to get the V60, but it looks like it's not available from Bell anymore. :banghead:

Thanks in advance.

Weapon_R
10-10-2003, 12:04 AM
I have a bell v60 for sale :)

KtwentyA2
10-17-2003, 03:19 PM
I have a blue & black v60 from Bell too... make me an offer and I may consider selling.

GTS Jeff
10-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by FallenAngel
Unfortunately, my corporate plan is with Bell, but I get a pretty decent plan and great discounts. I need to decide which phone I want, but the choices are pretty limited.

I'm not a big fan of AudioVox or LG, so I'm not even going to bother with those. I've never had a Kyocera, so I'm not really sure what to expect. I've had a Samsung before, and it was pretty decent.

So the choices are:

Samsung A460 $169.00
Samsung N400 $299.00
Samsung A500 $379.00
Kyocera 7135 $669.00

I can also get a Blackberry 6750 for $579.00... but I can't really think of a reason to get one.

Anybody have any opinions/experience with any of these? I wanted to get the V60, but it looks like it's not available from Bell anymore. :banghead:

Thanks in advance. kyocera is a budget brand like audiovox...

the n400 is HUGE and ugly imo, the a500 costs too much for what u get, so that leaves the a460 which is a nice slim phone...which is what i have. make sure u get the firmware update for the a460...better reception.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
10-18-2003, 07:54 PM
i have the a460 and i love it

and the samsung a600 should be out soon....very nice camera phone, the flip screen can be rotated so the screen is on the outside of the phone

D'z Nutz
10-18-2003, 08:04 PM
If you're still looking for v60i's, I'm pretty certain Bell at Chinook still has them. If I'm not mistaken, they're like $250 after the rebate. I saw it there a couple weeks ago.

If the motorola's are good enough for CSI, then it's good enough for me! :D

Ajay
10-19-2003, 02:48 PM
The A460 is a pretty good phone. The friends that I didn't sign up on Telus went to Bell cause they had some pretty decent perks and most of them went with the A460. It's pretty much exactly like the A540 Telus offers but got a few minor differences and the A540 is definetly the top seller for Telus.

That Audiovox phone they have is pretty good too...the one with the different colors every time you flip it open. Have a couple friends with those ones as well. Personally I like Audivox....that is probably one brand that we have VERY few problems with. In our repair file at work Motorola actually seems to be the type we send out for repair most often...still wicked phones but I don't see a problem with the Audiovox.

I heard that Motorola has a contract with Sopranos and CSI. Apparently in the Sopranos they can't be seen beating anyone with the phone as per the contract.....that's kinda messed!

Tiny
10-19-2003, 03:38 PM
go for an audiovox 8500...best phone i had

GTS Jeff
10-19-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
The A460 is a pretty good phone. The friends that I didn't sign up on Telus went to Bell cause they had some pretty decent perks and most of them went with the A460. It's pretty much exactly like the A540 Telus offers but got a few minor differences and the A540 is definetly the top seller for Telus.

That Audiovox phone they have is pretty good too...the one with the different colors every time you flip it open. Have a couple friends with those ones as well. Personally I like Audivox....that is probably one brand that we have VERY few problems with. In our repair file at work Motorola actually seems to be the type we send out for repair most often...still wicked phones but I don't see a problem with the Audiovox.

I heard that Motorola has a contract with Sopranos and CSI. Apparently in the Sopranos they can't be seen beating anyone with the phone as per the contract.....that's kinda messed!

the a460 does have less features and memory than the a540...also dimmer backlighting. it is really slim tho!

which motos get repaired lots? the cheap ones, or all of them?

Originally posted by Tiny
go for an audiovox 8500...best phone i had

ugliest flip ive ever seen. its like a ricer version of the v60 with its multicolor shit and the chrome accents.

Ajay
10-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Well Telus as of late has only offered the V60Ci and the V120X. The V120X (and C) is discontinued but we get SOOOOOO many of those phones back with problems. Get a few V60's here and there but not as many V120's. I like Motorola...I used a Startac 7868 while I was waiting for the new Samsungs last year at this time and I liked it.....sound quality is by far the most superior. But honestly....our repair file is soooooo filled with Moto's and Samsungs and very few Audivox's.

When Telus releases the new Audivox camera phone (8900 I think) at the end of this month I'm thinking I'm gonna go with that bad boy and try it out.

GTS Jeff
10-20-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
Well Telus as of late has only offered the V60Ci and the V120X. The V120X (and C) is discontinued but we get SOOOOOO many of those phones back with problems. Get a few V60's here and there but not as many V120's. I like Motorola...I used a Startac 7868 while I was waiting for the new Samsungs last year at this time and I liked it.....sound quality is by far the most superior. But honestly....our repair file is soooooo filled with Moto's and Samsungs and very few Audivox's.

When Telus releases the new Audivox camera phone (8900 I think) at the end of this month I'm thinking I'm gonna go with that bad boy and try it out. well another reason u have less audiopoos is cuz no1 buys them

Ajay
10-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Nah I wouldn't say that....alot of people that come in to our store want something basic so I sell them an Audivox 8150 or a 8300. We actaully sell a bunch of those phones especially the 8150 cause they've been discontinued so the boss man wants us to get rid of them.

Also because since they've been discontinued....we get an extra spiff when we sell them. They are pretty good phones....I think the new one coming out should be pretty decent. Granted I'm a Samsung fan all the way....but I'll give this new Audivox a go and see how it goes.

SiR Pimps-A-Lot
10-20-2003, 02:13 PM
I'd definitely say its a tossup against the a500 and the 7135 the a500 has java enabled downloads so u can actually download new games for the phone right in the browser not from bell though youd have to navigate to a third party site. It also has one of the nicest color lcd screens available on cellular phones today for 379 its not a bad phone for sure just very shitty battery life like 1 1/2 hours talk max in digitqal mode. The 7135 on the other hand is like the bentley of cell phones at the moment in canada it is also offerered by telus mobility. it has a built in media centre capable of playing mp3 avi mpeg jpeg bmp all that shit and has removable mmc memory expansion cards so if you have a digital camera that uses anything but a memory stick you can transfer the file to the phone and email them using the 1x data connection. it also comes with synchro software and email redirector so youre always hooked up. with bell they limit your data throughput on a 1x plan but you should still experiance speeds faster than 56kbps dial up wirelessly. also come with the palm os software which mean you can download up to 10,000 different applications for your handheld including kazaa if you have a laptop this phone can be used as a modem for the patop or just modem for itself it also has every feature of a palm pilot plus when entering text you dont have to use the numbers anymore just use the stylus on the graffiti pad and the screen will start typing what u r writing. Pretty impressive eh? the list goes on man so if the luxury of these features i just explained is worth 650 to you then splurge if not just go for the samsung its a great phone too you can use it as a flashlight in the dark the screen is so bright. And I'm not just tlaking shit i work for telus mobility and we sell the 7135 and we have the sister phone to the samsung a500 called the a520 and i have owned both devices i currently own the 7135 and new motorola 7135 but im not too crazy about the moto.

PS - You can purchase a seperate camera for the 7135 at www.veo.com and it comes with 16mb on board memory (the 7135 itself) msg me back if you have any more q's

Ajay
10-20-2003, 07:33 PM
7135? The new Motorola is the 731C dude....7135 is the Kyocera Palm phone.

SiR Pimps-A-Lot
10-21-2003, 10:02 AM
if u really wanna get technical its the T731c, i was typing too fast which telus do u work for ajay?

Ajay
10-21-2003, 06:53 PM
I work for The Group Connect Telus Mobility in Chinook.

You?

SiR Pimps-A-Lot
10-22-2003, 06:07 PM
Save on telecom regional sales leader for calgary i know save on sucks but its easy