PDA

View Full Version : Race city

403Gemini
10-10-2003, 01:20 AM
to race your car how much and what you need?

i know you need a helmet... where could i get one and how much roughly? thanks guys :D

im lookin at goin out next year :D

Ben
10-10-2003, 01:22 AM
20 to race, 5 to watch

bring DL, Reg and Ins.

Basically for normal everyday cars, if the car can pass a saftey it will pass tech...

kenny
10-10-2003, 01:23 AM
I'm assuming you are talking about Secret Street (street legal drag races). If so, all you need is a snell 95 or newer helmet. You can pick up a really basic one for $100 - $150 from most motorcycle shops, dont need anything fancy. You could also rent one from Race City if you show up early at the street legals.

You also need to have the car registered under your name, if it is not registered under your own name you need to get written permission from the registered owner on a letterhead that has the owners name (pretty dumb).

And, of course you need to pay the $20 and pass the tech inspection.

403Gemini
10-10-2003, 02:14 AM
so you gotta pay the 20 each time? thats cool. im splittin my car with my dad so im on the insurance but hes primary driver still need the written permission? (i assume so)

thanks guys ! :D i should just come out and watch a few times before i race heh

teknical
10-10-2003, 01:04 PM
I'm definately going tonight, last friday was pretty good, it gets pretty chilly out at night now tho, so I suggest dressing warm for anyone planning to watch.

EK 2.0
10-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Yeah it does get cold...plus if I am not mistaken...I think that this is the last weekend of S.S....I am guessing there may be one more weather and attendance depending...cause last year it ran till the end of October I think...

Weapon_R
10-10-2003, 03:40 PM
What happens if you have the car under one of your parents name, and they do not have a letterhead? Seems like a pretty dumb rule, not everyone's parents are employed in big office settings with fancy letterheads :dunno:

rice_eater
10-11-2003, 12:48 AM
why do you need to have the car insured? what if i decide that i dont need the car insured since i only use it at the track and i just tow it in?

Ekliptix
10-11-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
why do you need to have the car insured? what if i decide that i dont need the car insured since i only use it at the track and i just tow it in?

What if you kill someone?

Maxt
10-11-2003, 04:18 AM
Its off highway, your insurance is null and void at the racetrack anyway...Maxt

Ben
10-11-2003, 01:01 PM
then tow your car in, for everyone else who drives, you need insurance to get there.

4wheeldrift
10-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

What if you kill someone? At the track? That's why spectators have to sign the waiver. If you tried to claim damage at the track with your insurance company, they would drop you like a bad habit and probably black list you to boot.

googe
10-12-2003, 02:46 AM
Hmm, so no one is covered at the track? If you happen to eat a wall, youre up shits creek and out the money?

jdmakkord
10-12-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by googe
Hmm, so no one is covered at the track? If you happen to eat a wall, youre up shits creek and out the money?

yup

4wheeldrift
10-12-2003, 07:38 AM
If you go out there and drive intelligently and don't push beyond what you are comfortable with, you should never have any troubles running at race city, road course, quarter mile or oval. It's people who go out and drive like maniacs, taking the car to a level well beyond what their own abilities can handle that make it dangerous for everyone else, and are likely to be seeing their car go to the body shop from the track.