www.escobabistro.com

624 8 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1G4
(403) 543-8911

Food: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Atmosphere:4/5

Overall: 4/5

We went here for Valentine's Day. It was packed but they were able to give us a different table since the first offering was in a busy thoroughfare. We chose to go with the set menu ($60/person) but the main menu looked really tempting. We started with tuna tartare with an olive tapenade on baguette slices. Very tasty. We were drinking martinis ($11) with this which matched well. Our main was sharing a 32 oz t-bone steak. It came with asparagus and mashed potatoes. Grilled to perfection it was complemented by balsamic and roasted garlic. We chose to go with the West flight of 3 wine samples ($15) and they matched well. Our dessert was a plate consisting of 2 truffles, choc strawberry, ice cream and apple pie springrolls. Tasty!

I want to go back to try the regular menu. The price of the set menu items might have been a bit steep but it was good all around. I was full but my fiance was saying he was hungry afterwards. But thats just him, we went to a chinese wedding banquet and he complained he was hungry afterwards....(10 courses and you're still hungry?)

The service was great. Steven (?) was attentive but not overbearing. He checked on us often even though he was busy. The bill came to $180 plus a good tip.

GQBalla
02-16-2009, 01:50 PM
I had the duck breast last time I was there which was also excellent,
Great review ill definitely need to go back