PDA

View Full Version : 6 Cars on death row!

Generic
02-16-2009, 09:19 PM
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/844/6-cars-on-death-row/

interesting article. Saddening to see the S2K go (not a huge fan of it tbh), the rest can die, especially that terrible looking Lexus.

Redlyne_mr2
02-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Cars come and go.. we will see another S2K one day. I like the SC for some reason.. it's soo nice to drive and the stereo is amazing.

Yahoo auto needs to get it's act together though as this quote is entirely untrue.

I When Lexus ends the SC's run after 2009, the automaker will be left with no convertible models. Plans for a range-topping LF are on hold, so the SC is the last Lexus drop-top, at least until the economy turns around and it makes sense to offer a luxurious top-down cruiser again.

Generic
02-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Cars come and go.. we will see another S2K one day. I like the SC for some reason.. it's soo nice to drive and the stereo is amazing.

Yahoo auto needs to get it's act together though as this quote is entirely untrue.

nice to drive, some nice features, good sound system, TERRIBLE exterior, weak handling, pricey.

schocker
02-16-2009, 09:38 PM
I think I am going to miss the s2k even though I have never owned one. The SC was a cool car, just the price. But when it came out, it looked great and that sound system was wicked.

Redlyne_mr2
02-16-2009, 09:40 PM
lol yah I agree the handling wasnt the best on the SC although it sure was smooth. The interior was nuts back in 02 when it first came out, the motorized panels to hide the center console was nuts.. it's been out for 7 years not though and a lot has changed. 285hp out of a 4.3L V8 isn't very impressive either, it's the perfect car for the rich guy to buy for his gf. :D

Ballin
02-16-2009, 09:43 PM
I think the viper would is the one that I would like to see stay. They have changed the look a bit over the years and improved preformance and still kept the raw sports car; but thats why it dosent sell huge numbers its radical sports car bare naked race appeal are a negative for most drivers

Generic
02-16-2009, 09:50 PM
I AM MISSING THE H3 ALREADY :rofl:

Masked Bandit
02-16-2009, 09:57 PM
The Viper is a bit of a surprise. Although it's never really developed the devoted following like the Corvette. The price difference probably has more to do with that than anything else.

Kloubek
02-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I've always loved the interior of the sc430. The outside was just to feminine for my tastes. And the performance... well... is simply outdone now by much less expensive competition.

It's too bad the Viper is gonna go; I grew up loving the original, and it's only gotten better. Dodge has nothing to fill that void....

The H3 with it's 5-cyl engine has always been a joke to me. A small(ish) suv with the hummer name? 5 cyl engine? No thanks.

It's too bad Saturn is heading on it's way out - they are actually making some decent cars now. I didn't realize the Sky was so quirky - according to this article. Still, that was a very short production run. Too bad - I thought the Sky/Solstice were very cool - especially with the GTP/Redline versions.

The S2K totally had a following... I guess sales simply aren't there any more. Too bad - I would have loved to see what they could have come up with for a 2nd gen.

JordanLotoski
02-16-2009, 10:22 PM
damit..i love saturns

shin0bi
02-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I am totally bummed that GM couldn't save Saturn.
Blame public perception... Nobody ever had Saturns on their radar until it was too late.
IMO, the brand was mismanaged and poorly represented from the getgo. They should have outsourced their marketing department to someone who had half a clue about how to make products appeal to the masses.

bignerd
02-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Dodge Viper :( Surprising to see it go since all the big muscle cars are coming back now... But I do agree it is too expensive, most people would buy the Corvette.

corsvette
02-17-2009, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by shin0bi
Yeah, I am totally bummed that GM couldn't save Saturn.
Blame public perception... Nobody ever had Saturns on their radar until it was too late.
IMO, the brand was mismanaged and poorly represented from the getgo. They should have outsourced their marketing department to someone who had half a clue about how to make products appeal to the masses.

I agree 100 %,The old GM would allways rush evrything to market,Saturn was rushed to market with half baked offerings which by the early 90's buyers were smart enough to compare cars.If they would have brought it to market with the world class offerings they have now it may have been a different story.

semograd
02-17-2009, 12:25 AM
I'll stick to the 91 1jz sc :)

Not surprised about the H3,

surprised about the s2 since there is still a big demand for them

not surprised about vipers, challenger 300c charger SS are reborn

rumeo
02-17-2009, 12:28 AM
saturn sky? noooo

atgilchrist
02-17-2009, 09:19 AM
:clap: The PT's finally going!

If the sky is going, I wonder if the Solstice is here to stay?

chkolny541
02-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Dodge Viper :( Surprising to see it go since all the big muscle cars are coming back now... But I do agree it is too expensive, most people would buy the Corvette. :werd: :werd:

94boosted
02-17-2009, 02:21 PM
The Viper going really sucks the rest of those cars meh, but the viper it's an iconic sports car IMO.

Genjuro
02-18-2009, 01:45 PM
how the FUCK is the Caliber still going?

A790
02-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by atgilchrist

Apparently they're releasing the Solstice Coupe right away.

Xtrema
02-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by atgilchrist

Platform will be around til 2012. But I doubt you'll see dealers to stick around for much longer than end of 2010. Writing is on the wall.

atgilchrist
02-18-2009, 02:29 PM
^^ That's good news, it's a nice looking car.

extm88
02-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

What do you know about lexus :D

Generic
02-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by A790

Apparently they're releasing the Solstice Coupe right away.

really???

avow
02-19-2009, 12:22 AM
NO NOT THE PT CRUISER! ahahahahaha

its a shame to see the sky go. i thought it looked so much better then the solstice to be honest.