PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Honda delership

SRH
02-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I recently moved back to Calgary and need to pick a Honda dealership to take my vehicle to for the typical warranty work. Which one do you guys recommend? I have heard mixed reviews about Calgary Honda. They are close to where I live, but I am willing to go elsewhere if anyone has any suggestions...

Thanks for your help!

rumeo
02-17-2009, 12:30 PM
T&T Honda has some pretty good reviews

viff3r
02-17-2009, 01:03 PM
+1 for T&T.

leec001
02-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by SRH
I recently moved back to Calgary and need to pick a Honda dealership to take my vehicle to for the typical warranty work. Which one do you guys recommend? I have heard mixed reviews about Calgary Honda. They are close to where I live, but I am willing to go elsewhere if anyone has any suggestions...

Thanks for your help!

Absolutely don't go to Crowfoot Village Honda for service! :thumbsdow You will be ripped-off by the Service Manager.
+1 for T&T Honda. :thumbsup:

whiskas
02-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I took my S2000 a couple weeks back for a soft top replacement to T&T based on recommendations from here.

They did the work fairly quickly and the service manager was a reasonable and good guy, however when I came to pick it up I get this:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1875/img1206ks8.jpg

Now, I understand that they don't exactly service S2000's very often, so a soft top replacement isn't exactly the easiest task in the world, yet alone one they would have experience with. But seriously, I expect nothing short of perfect from a dealership. Especially considering the training and resources they have, and the premium rates you're paying for it.

I'm amazed the shop would even allow such sloppy work back into a customer's hands. When I brought it back in for a do over they even had the nerve to tell me that giant crease was "normal". However a few more words with them and they fixed the mistake the same day at no cost.

Xtrema
02-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Every dealership has nightmare stories. And each one has their ups and downs as they rotate their staff.

Just pick one that's closest and most convenient for you.

wardpr68
02-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Don't go to T&T... makes it harder for me to get my car in.

SRH
02-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
Don't go to T&T... makes it harder for me to get my car in.

...thanks, I can try to work around your schedule.

wardpr68
02-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Sweet. Just let me know what day you are thinking of before you call them, wanna make sure I am not trying to get an appointment around that time.

But seriously, T&T is great.... the head mechanic is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and does good work.

xviper
02-17-2009, 08:14 PM
As said, all dealers can have their bad moments. Personally, if I just had to go to a dealer for warranty, in order of preference, I would pick T&T first as they have had the most experience with S2000s. My second choice would be Honda West as they've actually done a few clutch jobs on S2000s and few complaints. I'm not saying these two will do a perfect job since we have evidence that they can screw up, but at least they try.
Calgary Honda may be your last choice. They have had a history of very sloppy work. They can't even seem to screw in spark plugs correctly. Crowfoot Village Honda has been known to do careless work, too. My one and only recall on the Fit there resulted in them doing more damage to the car than it went in with. They have still NOT called me to rectify the situation. That was almost a year ago. Just as well, I wouldn't trust them to work on my Mattel Big Wheel.

nj2Type-S
02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Every dealership has nightmare stories. And each one has their ups and downs as they rotate their staff.

Just pick one that's closest and most convenient for you.

this.

that being said, my parents got their cr-v at calgary honda and their sales seem to be good. service, though, not so much.