PDA

View Full Version : yes another jdm importing question....

88CRX
10-10-2003, 05:00 PM
alright.... what if the car in japan isnt running? can i import it.... get the work done whenever by whoever? or do i have to do that crappy tire inspection crap and have them do all the work? also is there a time limit on this?

Double0Civic
10-10-2003, 05:05 PM
I dont know for sure, but logically, your not importing anything illegal or dangerous, so you should be able to import it and store it as long as you want, you just gonna have problems when you to and drive it...legally anyways ;)

sandman
10-12-2003, 12:13 PM
importing it willb ok
but since its outta county, within 45 days u need to get it passed for a federal inspection, whch can only b done at cdn tire, stampede lexus toyota and Ranchlands ford, they giv u 55 days actiually, then mail u a nasty letter, saying if u dont get in 10 days, ull b charged a fee of 100 a month until u do, on that inspecrtion they basically jus see that everyhting is ok, headlughts, seatbelts, the car is street legal etc, but apart from that ud also need a outta provionvce safety inspection, almost anyone can do that one for u, costs like, 79.99, i thnk they added alignemnt to it in may or somehting, so now its anotehr 69 99 for that too, to register the car u need the outta province safety inspection sheet, and valid insurance, which u can get with just the bill of sale, and u can drive, even without passing the federal inspection sorta, coz u hav registration and insurance, but get the federal one done soon too or they bug u, they giv u alonger time if its a salvage tho...