PDA

View Full Version : Obama Interview

Xtrema
02-18-2009, 01:02 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/national/blog/special_feature/the_obama_visit/interview_transcript_1.html

Peter Mansbridge: When they watch you today sign your recovery bill into law, how concerned should they be that the Buy America clause is still there, even though you've given assurances international trade agreements will be respected. How concerned should they be?

President Barack Obama: I don't think they should be too concerned.

hmmm.....

Peter Mansbridge: So are you drawing a link, then, in terms of the future of tar sands oil coming into the U.S. contingent on a sense of a continental environment policy on cap and trade?

President Barack Obama: Well, I think what I'm suggesting is, is that no country in isolation is going to be able to solve this problem. So Canada, the United States, China, India, the European Union, all of us are going to have to work together in an effective way to figure out how do we balance the imperatives of economic growth with very real concerns about the effect we're having on our planet. And ultimately I think this can be solved by technology.

Make sense but talking about kicking a dog while its down. You think oilsand's production cost is uncompetitive now......