PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver called Canada's gang capital

khtm
02-18-2009, 08:55 AM
http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Canada/2009/02/18/8427341-sun.html

Another fatal shooting in Vancouver yesterday brought an urgent plea from the mayor for a co-ordinated metro force.

And Canada's senior law enforcement minister labelled Metro Vancouver the country's gang capital as police identified the young mother killed in a hail of bullets Monday while her four-year-old son rode in the car.

Nicole Marie Alemy was driving her husband's Cadillac in suburban Surrey when she was hit.

Yesterday, a man was left dead and another injured following gunplay at a home in south Vancouver.

It was the 12th shooting in 16 days to rock Metro Vancouver. Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robinson gave a sense of the scale of the problem.

"We are hundreds and hundreds of police officers short of what the other big cities in Canada have to combat gang crime and in particular we as a region do not have the police officers we need.

"We don't have the co-ordination of a metro police force. How many killings does it have to take before we deal with gangs as a metro police force?"

Vancouver and its suburbs have been under attack as criminals trade shots in an undeclared gang war that's taken as many as half a dozen lives and wounded several people in the last few weeks.

Also yesterday, federal Public Safety Minister and Solicitor General Peter Van Loan, said that "Vancouver and British Columbia are unfortunately the focus of the largest number of organized-crime gang groups in Canada."

He said these gangs are also the most sophisticated and violent.

Van Loan said the situation has the attention of Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
Makes Calgary's situation seem a bit less scary...

banned3x
02-18-2009, 09:04 AM
c'mon calgary lets step it up a notch

Redlyne_mr2
02-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Of course everything that happens in Edmonton and Calgary begins in Van.

Jayson
02-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Of course everything that happens in Edmonton and Calgary begins in Van.

Van is where most of the drugs and guns come from.... It's a port city, with huge amounts of people coming in and out of the border.

Canmorite
02-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Hongcouver is becoming a shit hole.

5hift
02-18-2009, 11:53 AM
what do you expect when even the cops are afraid

revelations
02-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Hongcouver is becoming a shit hole.

No matter how many time I saw it, its was still odd to see $5 hookers and (zombies) crackheads walking around those high-end neighbourhoods.

GiangZilla
02-18-2009, 12:15 PM
It's not only known as Hongcouver but also known as Vansterdam.

HiTempguy1
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Have any innocent people been killed yet?

Thats when I'd start to worry (of course, having people running around doing whatever the fuck they want isn't good to begin with, but I find a small positive when its the lowlifes dieing).

brandon
02-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Have any innocent people been killed yet?

Thats when I'd start to worry (of course, having people running around doing whatever the fuck they want isn't good to begin with, but I find a small positive when its the lowlifes dieing).

A mother was gunned down in her car and killed while her 4 year old daughter was in the back seat.

badatusrnames
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by brandon

A mother was gunned down in her car and killed while her 4 year old daughter was in the back seat.

The article mentioned she was driving her husbands car. Was her husband involved in crime?

brandon
02-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

The article mentioned she was driving her husbands car. Was her husband involved in crime?

On the news last night they had mentioned that her husband had one charge on him back in 2006-2007 for a weapon related offence.

But they also stated that it was someone who shares the same name as the husband and they haven't confirmed if it was this womans husband or not.

Xtrema
02-18-2009, 02:25 PM
When they start to go after family members is when you know it's going to be turn to shit soon.

bawlls
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
7 gunshots in 48hours...
pretty f'd up.

I'm going to go ahead and point the finger at two things:
-drugs
-rap music flooding the ears of youth who are trying to figure out who they are, and what kind of person they want to be. in this case, cut-throat ruthless gangsta motha fuckas'

JAYMEZ
03-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Yesssh..

How about this.. We build a colloseum like in Rome , and let them battle it out..

Who the fuck kills a mom with a 4 year old little girl.. Maybe the mom was involved , but fucking hell , hows that little girl going to grow up watching her mom being shot to fucking death and that image in her memory forever...

If these dumbasses want to kill each other , why dont they do it in a more organized manor... instead of drive bys.. Go straight up to them and pull the trigger.

jumperman8
03-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Vancouver has a true gang force, i have seen them many times walk threw the club i once worked at.

Funny thing that comes to mind is this, one day we had about 7 full patch come threw the bar, we asked the police outside if anything went down what would they do, they looked at us and said nothing until we had alot of back up, saying they were sure that there were people in the club more heavily armed then them.....Vancouver is a scary place, but only for people involved int he illegal activities.

this is a war started over 2 guys who fuked over 3 large organizations, now these guys are under constent police protection and now their gang is being picked apart. The two gentlemen are wanted by these rivals so bad that the police put up 20 video cameras on their street and have a patrol car outside their house 24 hours a day.

Scary situation, Vancouver is sounding more and more like LA all of a sudden, 14 shootings in 16 days. I wouldnt even want to go out anymore anywhere, not even restuarants cause you never know who would be there and what they are involved in.

Eleanor
03-05-2009, 04:40 PM
^ through

bawlls
03-05-2009, 04:44 PM
time to tighten up canada's immigration policy.

semograd
03-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8

this is a war started over 2 guys who fuked over 3 large organizations, now these guys are under constent police protection and now their gang is being picked apart. The two gentlemen are wanted by these rivals so bad that the police put up 20 video cameras on their street and have a patrol car outside their house 24 hours a day.

SWEET, im so glad everyones tax money is going exactly to the right places!!

I dunno why everyone is so harsh on Vancouver, its such a chill city.

urbannomad
03-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't think anyone is surprised by this.

urbannomad
03-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by bawlls

I don't think you solve the problem by tightening up the immigration policy...I think it's more of an internal thing...y'know...with all the drugs...y'know?

jutes
03-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Put a few Afgan battle experienced Army Battalions on the streets, they won't take any of that shit from the slantees. This gang problem better be controlled before the Olympics.

Antonito
03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8

Oh this is fucking bullshit. How many stories are there where cops will send someone on their way fearing for their lives because "there isn't enough evidence to stop your stalker/abusive husband/whatever", but these fucking guys are the ones they make an effort for, and thus endanger even more lives?

Come one VPD, get it together.

There's something wrong with this premise.

Hint: people who are willing to murder their enemies and sell drugs aren't going to be stopped by Canadas immigration policy

"Man, I can't wait to get to Canada, use my connections from back home to set up a massive drug cartel....my application got denied? Fuck. Well, back to Moms basement then"

:nut:

Spoons
03-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I think Canadians are just a little ignorant to the fact. It's crime, it happens. It happens when cities get bigger. It's not like Vancouver's crime problem is just happening now, this has been an issue forever.

Calgary's crime problem is getting worse too because we are getting bigger. More people, usually more crime. You can't let it kick you in the ass.

You won't get rid of it. Just like war, there will always be crime. You can take steps into preventing some of it, but ultimately it will always be there.

Canucks3322
03-06-2009, 12:07 AM

The latest wave of gang violence is involving predominantly white gangs there, and no, it's not the Hell's Angels.. dumb hick. Do everyone in Calgary a favour and never leave Lethbridge you ignorant moron.

hks
03-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Spoons
I think Canadians are just a little ignorant to the fact. It's crime, it happens. It happens when cities get bigger. It's not like Vancouver's crime problem is just happening now, this has been an issue forever.

Calgary's crime problem is getting worse too because we are getting bigger. More people, usually more crime. You can't let it kick you in the ass.

You won't get rid of it. Just like war, there will always be crime. You can take steps into preventing some of it, but ultimately it will always be there.

i dunno man, vancouver's always been bad, but i don't ever remember hearing about 14 shootings in 16 days.
your right, crime does happen everywhere, but what's going down in van right now is just fucking dumb.

Spoons
03-06-2009, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by hks

i dunno man, vancouver's always been bad, but i don't ever remember hearing about 14 shootings in 16 days.
your right, crime does happen everywhere, but what's going down in van right now is just fucking dumb.

Well I don't think it is nearly as bad as LA or anything, but then again not nearly as big as LA. 14 shootings in 16 days is pretty fucked up.

van
03-06-2009, 08:08 AM
It's all about the U.N. Gang versus the Red Scorpions lol.