PDA

View Full Version : Under 18 & Need A Part Time Job, Asap

/////AMG
10-10-2003, 07:00 PM
:banghead: :banghead:
Does anyone know any place that are hiring, other than fast food restuarants and/or grocery stores. I just want a P/T job for some good money, and experiance. Been looking everywhere can't seem to find anything. I need a place that hires high school student (currently in gr.12). Are there more classified sites other than the Calgary Herald Classifieds?

Thanks a lot!

88CRX
10-10-2003, 07:04 PM
lots of places wont hire under 18.

but once your 18 bam... the depot, rona, totem and crap hire and pay $8-$11/hr for part time

4wheeldrift
10-10-2003, 07:20 PM
If you don't mind working at a gas station, the petro-canada at 75th ave and Macleod south is pretty much constantly hiring. Go talk to Ron (the station manager) and see if he's got anything. The pay isn't fantastic but is better than minimum wage and the hours are reasonably flexible.

Danger_Mouse
10-24-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
:banghead: :banghead:
Does anyone know any place that are hiring, other than fast food restuarants and/or grocery stores. I just want a P/T job for some good money, and experiance. Been looking everywhere can't seem to find anything. I need a place that hires high school student (currently in gr.12). Are there more classified sites other than the Calgary Herald Classifieds?

Thanks a lot!

:werd: :werd: me too man... im in the same boat as u!

its weird how the fuck ups and lazy fucks can get jobs more often than they change their underwear, although im a smart, hard working kid and I cant get hired... its messed up!

Anyone else know of anything?

3G
10-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Try Co-op..i applied there last Friday and I'm already hired

/////AMG
10-26-2003, 12:48 PM
as what? the guys who push the shopping carts?

4wheeldrift
10-26-2003, 01:09 PM
as what? the guys who push the shopping carts? It's a job isn't it?

pinoyhero
10-26-2003, 01:12 PM
What about at some of the food warehouses. Bridgebrand ect, I hear they pay quite well and have flexible shifts, might be worth checking out.

ryder_23
10-26-2003, 01:14 PM
I did grocery during my grade 12 year, and actually liked it, totally slack, got paid more than minimum wage, constant pay check, workd 3 days a week, total of 15 hours a week, so ended good. Paid for weeknd festivities and gas. I'd take what you can get

Shaolin
10-26-2003, 02:33 PM
warehouses will hire you.. I worked at a donut factory when I was 16 for 6 bucks an hour, this was like 8 years ago hahaha. Retail Grocery Chains will hire people if they're 16.. Pay isn't great, but hey, you gota start somewhere.

/////AMG
10-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
It's a job isn't it?

Do you really think I meant it as a bad way? I was just asking man, thats the reason I made this thread. and I am just asking him if its as one of the cart people.

Shaolin
10-26-2003, 02:53 PM

Do you really think I meant it as a bad way? I was just asking man, thats the reason I made this thread. and I am just asking him if its as one of the cart people.

That's the only way you can start at Co-Op unless if a position absolutely nobody applies for internally.. the chances of that are next to zero.. This one girl that started was in the Bakery, then 2 weeks later she was a service clerk pushing carts out because an internal applied for the position around the same time and they weren't aware of it. So yeah.

/////AMG
10-26-2003, 03:47 PM
Thanks Shaolin