PDA

View Full Version : Designer Clothes

R!zz0
02-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wondering is there are any designer clothes stores in Calgary. I'm looking more towards little toddlers. (Boys stuffs)
Like Polo Ralph Lauren, D&G, Burberry, etc.

Because i'm going to be a Daddy in 2-3 weeks and i can't wait. Might as well start buying some clothes from now.

Thanks.

Anton
02-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Congrats!

Holt has a kids section that's got all that. That's the only one I know.

BigDannyCool
02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
such a waste of money to buy that kinda stuff for little kids. they can wear the clothes for a month and grow out of it.

Dumbass17
02-18-2009, 06:27 PM
^ +1

R!zz0
02-18-2009, 06:28 PM
^That's true.

What do you guys recommend? :dunno:

fcuk_it
02-18-2009, 06:32 PM
they closed the kids section at holt a few years ago, but u can go to pink or blue, they carry some designer baby clothes
its on 4th st and i think 20th ave sw

FLARE
02-18-2009, 06:42 PM
If you can afford it its dope!

Or else check out The Childrens Place in chinook, they always have good sales.

Congrats on the boy, mine is 5 months old and its flippin sweet/crazy/awesome/stressful.

Accord_tunerx
02-18-2009, 07:01 PM
try pink and blue in downtown hmmm 4 st sw and 19 ave

Tearin
02-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I was at a baby shower a couple of months ago with baby clothes from Holts (maybe they've closed that department since).

The most adorable thing I saw was a Burberry outfit complete with plaid shirt and solid coloured pants.

However, given how quickly babies grow...absolutely ridiculars spending the money on something that's going to fit them for a month and get vomited on. As well, I don't think the other whelps in the mom & tot groups are going to exclaim how baller your kid is. :bigpimp:

Buy big and let your kid grow into the clothes if you're going to make the big ticket purchase.

R!zz0
02-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Tearin
Buy big and let your kid grow into the clothes if you're going to make the big ticket purchase.

I was thinking the same.

Redlyne_mr2
02-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
try pink and blue in downtown hmmm 4 st sw and 19 ave
Pink or blue is where it's at!

theken
02-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Check out the second hand kids clothes stores cause people buy them then sell them to those stores and they are like 10 bucks instead of 80

Anton
02-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by fcuk_it
they closed the kids section at holt a few years ago, but u can go to pink or blue, they carry some designer baby clothes

Haven't been to TD in a couple months but it was definitely there before that.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
02-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Theres a place by Southcentre mall that carries designer baby/kids clothes I can't remember the name of it, but it's right across the parking lot from the willow park liquor store

ragu
02-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Designer clothes for kids/ babies, seriously man? Your kid is gonna grow faster than you can imagine.

R!zz0
02-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I'll definitely checkout TD and other ^places^ for sure.

R!zz0
02-18-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm NOT going to fill his closet up with just designer clothes.

szw
02-18-2009, 10:06 PM
old navy and the like for cheap. Or wait till you go to the states and buy a ton.

dimi
02-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Yea like a few others have said, no point to it as they will not fit in 6 months. It would be nice to get him/her a nice baller outfit for going out though. :D

stealth
02-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Congrats!

ekguy
02-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by FLARE
If you can afford it its dope!

Or else check out The Childrens Place in chinook, they always have good sales.

Congrats on the boy, mine is 5 months old and its flippin sweet/crazy/awesome/stressful.

this place has some not so cheap very nice clothes for kids. It's where I buy everything for my niece and nephew. It's not as pricey as let's say designer clothes but definitely not the cheapest either. Very good call for what the OP is looking for.

Supa Dexta
02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense to throw some money in a college fund or something, rather then go over board on clothes that they will grow out of, and no one will remember anyways. :dunno:

I'm wearing some 6$ pants right now. :rofl:

ragu
02-19-2009, 01:32 AM
"I am not JUST going to fill his closet with designer clothes"
New born with his own closet and not 'just' designer clothes? student loans are there for a reason right? Who's the kid gona impress with his designer clothes?
:facepalm:

R!zz0
02-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by ragu
"I am not JUST going to fill his closet with designer clothes"
New born with his own closet and not 'just' designer clothes? student loans are there for a reason right? Who's the kid gona impress with his designer clothes?

C'mon, you know what i'm saying right?

Off course there will be money going in his RESP and other important things, not just on designer clothes.

BigMass
02-19-2009, 02:28 AM
i liked to use a potato sack and a few cloth rags until the kids got into school. I mean what's the point anyways? They're kids, they don't care. I can't even remember being alive before 5 years old

DeeK
02-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Anyone who can afford to dress their toddler in designer clothes has too much money, especially considering they grow out of a pair of clothes in 4-6 weeks.

Sounds like a retarded thing to do if you ask me. Go to wal-mart and pick up some cheap clothes there.

But hey, who am I to tell people how to spend their money...

theken
02-19-2009, 10:06 PM
huckelberry kids is the name, it is in copperfield they have name brand clothes for cheap, my wife goes there on occasion

Generic
02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
just buy cheap stuff Riz like Old Navy, or make a trip down to Montana and buy tons of stuff in the States. So many good deals down there and no tax!

R!zz0
02-20-2009, 04:25 PM
^Hopefully our dollar will be good by then :banghead:

I'll just go to stores like Old Navy, Please Mom, The Bay, etc for now.

codetrap
02-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
^That's true.

What do you guys recommend? :dunno:

Friends that have kids 6 months ahead of yours.
Garage sales.
Consignment stores.

In that order...

Cassandra has so many clothes that she'll never wear them all.. and they're all good quality stuff. We've spent maybe $40 so far and she's 9 months.

zipdoa
02-20-2009, 05:12 PM

Designer clothes are already borderline retarded. Just get him some used clothes, i'm sure he won't be able to tell the difference.

Heaven forbid I ever raise a gucci baby...

IhateDomestic
02-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey man ya'll shouldn't judge the man...you all think he is weird but if he went to some parts of California or Belgium, you will see wealthy/well-off young parents dress their kids in little Burberry outfits in many many many places. It's not weird out of CaLgary.

If parents want to spend on their kids let them, don't be jealous your parents didn't pamper you as a toddler...shouldn't mean you should put this new father to be down.

I've seen HELLLLAAAA kids with designer clothes here and there and it is cool to see because you usually don't see those kinds of clothes on kids and parents just find it cute.

It's hard to judge people when you don't have kids yourself... AND he said he was only picking up a few outfits not the entire wardrobe!

jdmakkord
02-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Just hit up the mexx outlets. My nephew has an entire walk in closet full of clothes, half of which are from there.