PDA

View Full Version : Bull Run on Speed

leutyc
02-19-2009, 09:09 AM
For anyone that watched Season one of Bull run (with Bill Goldberg) season 2 starts tonight at 8PM on Speed. This is not the Rally, but a Reality TV show the follows 12 teams of 2 across America. The winners get $200,000. It is 10 days and 3000Miles. This starts tonight for anyone that wants to watch it, I suggest you set up your PVR.

The ultimate test of mind and machine, pitting twelve teams of two people against each other for over 3,000 grueling miles. The drivers are behind the wheels of their own cars, from American muscle, to exotics, to tuners. Teams must use every trick under their hoods, choose alliances carefully, and navigate down to the last turn in order to make it to daily checkpoints first or risk finding themselves in the most explosive challenges ever seen on television.

Bullrun Link (http://www.bullrun.com/seasonII)

Mr_ET
02-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Meh will probably watch it, don't expect a lot out of this.

Not a lot on tv these days for car enthusiasts.

Looking forward to the Jetta TDI cup series

Tik-Tok
02-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Not watching it... the first one only had 5 parts I can actually remember.

-The girl flipping out because she was the first one off (and I assume had given goldburg a blowjob or something to stay on)

- The Challenger guys asking for the guido's help for a re-run in the parkade, and the guido's being dicks.

- The lambo with those ridiculous poles on the roof (and thinking, what complete f'ing idiots)

- The BMW breaking down after trying to show off

- One team getting busted by another team, for speeding, and getting time added because of it... (this is when I decided this was the lamest race in the world)

jonnycat
02-19-2009, 02:08 PM
total weak sauce, but I'll record it and wathc it on weekends.

I like watching the actual bull run clips on streetfire way better.

403Gemini
02-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Mike Alsop won Bullrun 1 right? (The trans am?)

They were a good team, pretty honest and had one of the more done up cars that actually earned a spot on the show.

schocker
02-19-2009, 06:16 PM
I will give it one viewing. Did they ever show bullrun 2008 on tv though:dunno:

KyleTA
02-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Mike Alsop won Bullrun 1 right? (The trans am?)

They were a good team, pretty honest and had one of the more done up cars that actually earned a spot on the show.
yep mike and morgan alsop

Dj_Stylz
02-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Team Lexus is pretty hawt.

KyleTA
02-19-2009, 10:52 PM
couple o' d-bags in the EVO...

funkedelic2
02-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Missed the episode today! anyone know where i can find the torrent to watch it??

JordanAndrew
02-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Stupid porche driver pretty much ruined the tranny, or at least it looked like he did.

403Gemini
03-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by KyleTA
couple o' d-bags in the EVO...

Anybody watch them total the Evo? I cringed....

Eleanor
03-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by leutyc
(with Bill Goldberg) No thanks :rofl:

403Gemini
03-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
No thanks :rofl:

I know, i know its pretty lame, but i went to bed at 1030 last night and couldnt sleep so it was on speed last night haha

Mibz
03-13-2009, 05:12 PM

Anybody watch them total the Evo? I cringed.... Ah fuck, I missed the last episode and made the mistake of checking this thread. Bah.

SR240SX
03-13-2009, 05:15 PM

Anybody watch them total the Evo? I cringed....

That was pretty bad, followed by the other douche bag who rolled his car, After winning the challenge......:banghead:

JordanAndrew
03-13-2009, 05:43 PM
haha I love how everyone was willing to help out that green car while all they did for the EVO was look under the car and called it a day. They really hated them. haha!

403Gemini
03-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX

That was pretty bad, followed by the other douche bag who rolled his car, After winning the challenge......:banghead:

To be honest, even after the car rolled, the Dart looked in way better condition. That evo was just right fucked when it hit that concrete block

reiRei
03-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Team Evo totally got shafted by BullRun... the car is totaled, and the owner apparently cannot get the car back from the show...

403Gemini
03-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by reiRei
Team Evo totally got shafted by BullRun... the car is totaled, and the owner apparently cannot get the car back from the show...

Really?! Why not? Did they sign a contract saying salvage belongs to the show?

5000Audi
03-14-2009, 12:35 PM
What they don't get the car back that is dumb. I was going for evo but can't belive what happened. That's shitty

JordanAndrew
03-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I was reading other forums and it looks like speed channel gets to keep the car because team evo decided to leave therefore breaching their contract. :dunno:

5000Audi
03-14-2009, 03:52 PM
How they decied to leave? They had the slowest time therefor haveinh to leave. I don't see why they can't have his car back. So dumb

reiRei
03-14-2009, 05:45 PM
there's a couple of threads of evoM about it, it seems as if they've gotten totally screwed over by the show..

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-general/406259-anyone-watch-bullrun.html

http://forums.evolutionm.net/off-topic/400037-bullrun-preview.html

The dart got totaled too, but I guess they got their car back and it's just team evo who didn't get their car back.

JordanAndrew
03-14-2009, 07:47 PM
haha that was the forum that I got my information from actually although it's still hear say.

SCHIDER23
03-14-2009, 08:56 PM
wow a finally finished all 49 pages from both threads, man it sucks what the damn show pulled on the EVO team :whipped:

Dj_Stylz
03-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I tried finding a video of the crash but couldn't find it. Any know where i can find it so i can see this evo crash lol?

JordanAndrew
03-14-2009, 09:40 PM
You can catch the episode again tomorrow at 12noon and again at 10pm.

95teetee
03-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
Team Lexus is pretty hawt. one of them is a member on another of my forums, but the thread there is mostly about what d-bags the Evo guys are (or were) :rofl:

dj_rice
03-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by SCHIDER23
wow a finally finished all 49 pages from both threads, man it sucks what the damn show pulled on the EVO team :whipped:

Don't want to read the 49 pages, can you give Cliff notes on what the show did to Evo team

403Gemini
03-14-2009, 11:33 PM
there's a couple of threads of evoM about it, it seems as if they've gotten totally screwed over by the show..

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-general/406259-anyone-watch-bullrun.html

The dart got totaled too, but I guess they got their car back and it's just team evo who didn't get their car back.

I dunno how much I believe any "rumors" considering its extremely illegal for any of the contestants on the show to talk about anything regarding future episodes/out comes until the season is over. Alsop used to post all the time on ls1.com and didn't leak anything even though people harassed him too

SCHIDER23
03-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Don't want to read the 49 pages, can you give Cliff notes on what the show did to Evo team

Well on the second episode that's when Jason (the Evo owner), started to noticed that even if you came in first or second, you still ended up in the middle of the pack and your times were never released even if you requested them, so you didn't know what place you were in until the end of the day, another part were the rules they were never enforced unless the producers wanted too, and they edited alot of content to make them look like Dbags just because they needed somebody to be the bad guy, he does admit that his partner (chris) was a bit loud, but not as bad as he was portrayed in the show.

The main problem right now is that his car hasn't been returned, and the show producers have been given him the run around since December. a lawsuit has been filed for the release of the vehicle. The lexus chicks pulled the same shit team F150 pulled on the last season, they took video of team Evo speeding, Jason said that they followed them for 20 miles at 80 mph, and when they got near Las Vegas the girls slowed down to speed limit, misteriously they started to record the video. Team Lexus claims the video was never handed in, but jason said that's BS, they signed the contract that stated that any video that was taken while in the competition had to be handed in. Team Dart also shines in and explained how the show was good, and that yes sometimes the rules were not enforced, and that they never knew where they stand in the competition, but that the show was an awesome experience.

That's about as much as i got from the whole thing, he did say that this show is a joke, it's nothing like the real Bullrun and you shouldn't believe everything you see in there, is just like another reality show... everything has a script and the producers and editors are the ones that control the story.

I do apologise about my grammar, I just got out of work and I'm a bit tired..:zzz:

I dunno how much I believe any "rumors" considering its extremely illegal for any of the contestants on the show to talk about anything regarding future episodes/out comes until the season is over. Alsop used to post all the time on ls1.com and didn't leak anything even though people harassed him too

Btw 403Gemini he hasn't released anything related to the show, or any future spoilers, all the content that has been released has been after the episode has aired, and about the car been destroyed Bullrun producers leaked the info when they were trying to return his vehicle.:dunno:

403Gemini
03-15-2009, 12:12 AM

Btw 403Gemini he hasn't released anything related to the show, or any future spoilers, all the content that has been released has been after the episode has aired, and about the car been destroyed Bullrun producers leaked the info when they were trying to return his vehicle.:dunno:

Spoilers or not, im quite sure its against their contract to talk about the show at all until its over. Also somebody above said the Dart was totalled, I'm assuming it won't be up and running for the next episode. Sure it rolled, but with enough body work, if the engine starts, it would be road worthy. Who released that info that it was totalled? Team evo? Team Dart? speculation?

reiRei
03-15-2009, 12:59 AM
both cars were done after the last episode, they couldn't get the dart up and running

JordanAndrew
03-15-2009, 03:02 PM
both cars were done after the last episode, they couldn't get the dart up and running

Really? I thought they were fixing up team dart at the very end of the last episode? I know the EVO is a done deal already. I'll be sure to watch the show again tonight if I get off work early and maybe I'll get a video of how the evo did in the prison run.

403Gemini
03-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

Really? I thought they were fixing up team dart at the very end of the last episode? I know the EVO is a done deal already. I'll be sure to watch the show again tonight if I get off work early and maybe I'll get a video of how the evo did in the prison run.

They were, they were in the shop until like midnight or so.

Go4Long
03-15-2009, 05:26 PM
I gotta say, after reading that thread the evo guys are idiots, and a lot of people really have no concept of what the inherent dangers of racing automobiles are, regardless of who's organizing.

I was watching clips from the Targa Newfoundland today, and a guy goes off course and hits a house. they're interviewing the guy afterward and not once does he bitch about the organizers of the rally allowing the race to be run while there are houses nearby, his words were "went a little to fast in to the corner and this is where I ended up, I promised all my friends back home that I wouldn't crash in to a house, but this is where I end up"

Yeah, sure, the course was risky. but it's not the producer's fault that dude went straight through the fence instead of turning left like he was supposed to(in the interview he even said, yeah, I'm just gonna keep it pinned and go for it)

They need to watch some real racing.

JordanAndrew
03-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
I gotta say, after reading that thread the evo guys are idiots, and a lot of people really have no concept of what the inherent dangers of racing automobiles are, regardless of who's organizing.

I was watching clips from the Targa Newfoundland today, and a guy goes off course and hits a house. they're interviewing the guy afterward and not once does he bitch about the organizers of the rally allowing the race to be run while there are houses nearby, his words were "went a little to fast in to the corner and this is where I ended up, I promised all my friends back home that I wouldn't crash in to a house, but this is where I end up"

Yeah, sure, the course was risky. but it's not the producer's fault that dude went straight through the fence instead of turning left like he was supposed to(in the interview he even said, yeah, I'm just gonna keep it pinned and go for it)

They need to watch some real racing.

From what I gather from your response, it looks like the guy knew that there were houses therefor they know what the risks are. Evo guys on the other hand didn't get a chance to survey the area beyond the fence. They were able to drive around with a different car throughout the course except beyond the fence. Had they known there was that piece of concrete they probably would avoid it at all cause.

If you think about it, if you see an empty looking feild of grass going straight, you would probably not even think about hitting anything.

I'm not going to excuse him from driving through fast at the end towards the fence, that's his own fault. The other drivers pretty much knew that there was a piece of concrete there after seeing EVO go through it.

My info is based from the other forums from what I've read. If in fact they were able to look at the whole course including beyond the fence, then they deserve to get their car fucked.

403Gemini
03-15-2009, 11:14 PM

From what I gather from your response, it looks like the guy knew that there were houses therefor they know what the risks are. Evo guys on the other hand didn't get a chance to survey the area beyond the fence. They were able to drive around with a different car throughout the course except beyond the fence. Had they known there was that piece of concrete they probably would avoid it at all cause.

If you think about it, if you see an empty looking feild of grass going straight, you would probably not even think about hitting anything.

I'm not going to excuse him from driving through fast at the end towards the fence, that's his own fault. The other drivers pretty much knew that there was a piece of concrete there after seeing EVO go through it.

My info is based from the other forums from what I've read. If in fact they were able to look at the whole course including beyond the fence, then they deserve to get their car fucked.

Team Dart warned them and told them the correct line on how to exit the gate before they did the event.

Seems like the evo guy is posting up a storm end of february about his evo getting totalled, considering that episode just happened last week, looks like he is releasing spoilers and breaching his contract...

Either way, the dude comes off as a major douche even on the forum. Dont get me wrong I do feel pretty bad for him, but his friend was a moron the entire time, and he let his buddy drive his car - that was his choice

his friends words before the race "I've done some driving in the dirt..." then after he totalled the car "I've never driven in the dirt, i just usually do time attack on the track" :nut:

JordanAndrew
03-15-2009, 11:25 PM

Team Dart warned them and told them the correct line on how to exit the gate before they did the event.

Seems like the evo guy is posting up a storm end of february about his evo getting totalled, considering that episode just happened last week, looks like he is releasing spoilers and breaching his contract...

Either way, the dude comes off as a major douche even on the forum. Dont get me wrong I do feel pretty bad for him, but his friend was a moron the entire time, and he let his buddy drive his car - that was his choice

his friends words before the race "I've done some driving in the dirt..." then after he totalled the car "I've never driven in the dirt, i just usually do time attack on the track" :nut:

Team dart did tell them that the course goes left, but the producers of the show didn't warn them from any other obstruction in the course. I mean if I was driving the evo and I had to bail and I knew there was a field if I go straight to bail out, I wouldn't expect a concrete block being there. If they weren't in fact able to go check the full course out (even beyond the fences) then I would be pretty pissed off as well.

There's a few issues they bring out as well, about how times are properly accounted for, and how other teams are helping other teams fix other cars. It would make sense that the rules would say that teams only can fix their own cars. Rules doesn't seem to be enforced fully, it's when the producers feels like it instead. This is of coarse coming from what I've read in the forums.

SCHIDER23
03-16-2009, 12:50 AM

Well the totalled EVo info was actually release in December, by his sponsor and it was public knowledge already, he didn't leaked any info about Team dart, that info was actually release at the same time. It seems somebody screwed up good down at Bullrun and the sponsor as well.

403Gemini yes I do agree, I did not like team Evo at all, and I even laugh when they wiped out, but it did bother me that they hit the barrier and no paramedics or support team ever showed up to check them out, Team Dart said they were not allow to go help, until the competition was over, but come on after team Evo wiped out everyone knew where not to go. Chris was flamed for his moronic mistake, and is true team Dart did warned them, but he told this info to chris not jason, just like Jordan said the producers told them to go as fast as they could, cause they were closed to the cutting block.

Another big fact that he pointed out was, that team dart didn't come closed to doing the challenge faster than team Evo, yet they got 3 seconds ahead of them. I had to watch that episode again and it did look like they were way slower than even team avalanche. The owner of the vehicle does come out to be a Dbag on some posts, even some people in the forum flame him, but remember we are talking about an Evo here, AWD suspension was tuned for this type of challenges and some other changes not disclosed.. wouldn't you be proud of your vehicle?.. I'm sure I heard most of us make fun of other lesser vehicles and than this shit happens.:whipped:

Almost forgot to mentioned the following, it seems the police incident was a trap for team Evo, other teams knew about the trap, and heard that an anonymous call was made to the police reporting an Evo driving at outrages speeds, after team Evo got in they heard that the main producer, some fagg named David was the one that placed the call, so it would add to the drama of their story line to show on camera what a bunch of Dbags they were, but the whole thing backfire on team Camaro and Corvette, he said that team Evo was behind them when they got pulled over, so how the hell did the camaro guys know that the Police was looking for team Evo if they haven't even passed them, and they started suggesting to the police officer that they were actually looking for team Evo?. Team Evo passed both teams and the police said nothing to them and that was a while later.:dunno: :dunno:

JordanAndrew
03-16-2009, 02:56 AM
G9Ux8eAcnPY

I took a camera video of the EVO crash last night. Enjoy.

KyleTA
04-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Team Shelby takes it home!

funkedelic2
03-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Anyone watching season 3? Pretty good so far, im a fan of the lambo team lol!

JordanAndrew
03-17-2010, 11:13 AM
I like Lambo as well in season 3. They definitely know how it's done. I really don't like team lexus and I still can't believe they won over a Mini cooper by 1 second. :banghead:

cocoabrova
03-17-2010, 11:20 AM
I like Lambo as well in season 3. They definitely know how it's done. I really don't like team lexus and I still can't believe they won over a Mini cooper by 1 second. :banghead:
Cuz she's a pro race car driver:banghead:

Team Lambo gets my vote, but the Team BMW girlie is a bit of a hottie so they get my vote too:thumbsup:

JordanAndrew
03-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

Cuz she's a pro race car driver:banghead:

Team Lambo gets my vote, but the Team BMW girlie is a bit of a hottie so they get my vote too:thumbsup:

She mentions that she's a pro racer but she almost got beat by seniors that drive a mini. She has a big mouth too and can't take pressure very well. The last string that pissed me off was when they tried to sabotage team lambo by calling the cops on them.

Sorath
03-17-2010, 11:28 AM
bmw girl is hot lol

TYMSMNY
03-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Anyone interested? :D

scat19
03-17-2010, 11:51 AM
I had to search her up. Dang. She's a hottie.

JordanAndrew
03-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY
Anyone interested? :D

:confused: Interested in what?

fcuk_it
03-17-2010, 05:41 PM
didnt one of those bitches on team Lexus call the cops on team lambo??
Team Lambo are are famous and always attend the real bull run and gumball

403Gemini
03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
What night and time is this on again?

JordanAndrew
03-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by fcuk_it
didnt one of those bitches on team Lexus call the cops on team lambo??
Team Lambo are are famous and always attend the real bull run and gumball

She mentions that she's a pro racer but she almost got beat by seniors that drive a mini. She has a big mouth too and can't take pressure very well. The last string that pissed me off was when they tried to sabotage team lambo by calling the cops on them.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

What night and time is this on again?

It's on Speed channel at 8pm Thursday nights. It replays again at 12midnight.

dj_rice
03-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Is that a Fortune Veilside kit on Team NSX?

JordanAndrew
03-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Is that a Fortune Veilside kit on Team NSX?

According to wiki, it is a 1994 NSX with a veilside widebody.

TYMSMNY
03-17-2010, 10:17 PM

:confused: Interested in what?

Applying! :D

ICEBERG
03-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Just seen the new one tonight. Is that 335i done up? It looks like he has exhaust done on it, i wonder if it is chipped?

soloracer
03-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Almost forgot to mentioned the following, it seems the police incident was a trap for team Evo, other teams knew about the trap, and heard that an anonymous call was made to the police reporting an Evo driving at outrages speeds, after team Evo got in they heard that the main producer, some fagg named David was the one that placed the call, so it would add to the drama of their story line to show on camera what a bunch of Dbags they were, but the whole thing backfire on team Camaro and Corvette, he said that team Evo was behind them when they got pulled over, so how the hell did the camaro guys know that the Police was looking for team Evo if they haven't even passed them, and they started suggesting to the police officer that they were actually looking for team Evo?. Team Evo passed both teams and the police said nothing to them and that was a while later.:dunno: :dunno:

I think that happens more than you would think. The Bullrun rally works as a series of follow the cards - basically you only know where your next checkpoint is. You won't know where the final destination for the day is until you get to the 2nd last checkpoint. When I was on Bullrun in 2008 we got stopped by the highway patrol in Montana and they knew where we were going before we did. Obviously someone tipped them off. We were in the lead at the time so it couldn't have been one of the other competitors. We also found out later that the Calgary Sun had a list of our first day destinations published the day we left. We suspected it was the organizers as they obviously want drama. Makes for better television.

Mibz
03-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
When I was on Bullrun in 2008 Wait, what?

soloracer
03-18-2010, 11:02 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/230433/official-bullrun-thread-been-there-done-that-/

TYMSMNY
03-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
Just seen the new one tonight. Is that 335i done up? It looks like he has exhaust done on it, i wonder if it is chipped?

Video said it was bone stock... and that his lease term was almost up.... lol.

TYMSMNY
03-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/230433/official-bullrun-thread-been-there-done-that-/

Bullrun on TV and Bullrun that was here in Calgary differ for those reading.

Bullrun Calgary = $20,000
Bullrun on TV = free from what the site said.

Either way, a great experience I would think.

soloracer
03-18-2010, 11:21 PM
More accurately, the Bullrun that was in Calgary had $20,000 entry fee, was broadcast on TV and produced on a DVD called Cops, Cars and Superstars.

The other Bullrun is a reality game show that is also broadcast on TV, has Goldberg as a host and is apparently free to enter. (I didn't know this - I still thought there was an entry fee).

Mibz
03-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Ah, I thought you were the Ferrari d-bag with the trophy wife from Russia.

soloracer
03-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Ah, I thought you were the Ferrari d-bag with the trophy wife from Russia.

A Ferrari from Calgary joined the rally late. But they crashed into the Z06 in Montana on Day 1. I believe it was at a spot where our GPS units told us to turn right when it should have said turn left. My understanding is that the Vette turned right and realized he went the wrong way. The Ferrari came to the intersection and turned left and ended up t-boning the Vette on the drivers side. I never met the driver of either car so I don't know anything about them. However, I have no problem with a Russian trophy wife............now where is that mail order catalog? ;)