PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have experience with Repo.com?

Kona9
02-19-2009, 09:10 AM
I have been looking around at purchasing a different vehicle. When I go on Canada Trader, there are a few ads by a company called Repo.com. The prices on the vehicles I looked at seemed pretty fair compared to similar or same models for sale elsewhere around Alberta. (Be it Dealer or private) (ie: 05 and 06 Nissan Titan for 18 when they commonly sell for 20-24)

I understand that these are reposessed vehicles and due to that fact there is more to look into when looking at a reposessed vehicle. Damage, careless maintenance etc.

Just looking for a heads up or some insight to this particular reposesser. If anything it struck me as curious.

prae
02-19-2009, 09:16 AM
i've driven by their lot in fairview a number of times and it always gives me a real sketchy vibe.

05/06 titans could be had for 18-19 elsewhere.

http://stampedegmc.com/used.php?s2=2&s0=1&search.make=&search.model=&search.year_start=2006&search.year_end=&search.price_start=&search.price_end=26000&search.km_start=&search.km_end=80000&search.body=2&search.ext_color=&search.order=1&search.order.dir=2&search.results_per_page=25&search.display_format=thumb&s1=1&vi=536367

there's an 06 for 17.9k, from more legit of a dealer. Bit high on the kilometers though.

I think the reality with both the cars at Repo and the car i just posted is they're probably bought at auction... etc etc.

I have been looking around for a titan myself. I would think in the current state of the car market you could strike a significant bargain with a nissan dealer?

Kona9
02-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by prae

I have been looking around for a titan myself. I would think in the current state of the car market you could strike a significant bargain with a nissan dealer?

I have been getting amazing service (customer and vehicle) for the past two new Nissans I bought from Brasso. I am really only opening up all my avenues for my next vehicle, by looking at different options. Part of me wants to buy used, part of me still plays with new.

I used the Titan as an example as that was one of my choices. I just don't really feel I need a full size pick up. No point in spending the extra on gas when a Frontier Crew will do the job for me and my lifestyle.

Hopefully I can post pics of a new truck soon. We will see.

Thanks for the info!

schocker
02-19-2009, 10:35 AM
I would be a bit weary of repo'd vehicles since the people couldnt make the payments, the general maintenance and care of the vehicle would have also been at the bottom of their priorities. For cheap trucks also you could be looking a bit in the US since they do have a ton of titans, and even though the exchange rate is quite high now, you would be looking at about 1.39x the US$ price to bring it back with taxes, they could be had for around 14-18k cdn, it would just be a wider selection so you would have more of a choice on what you wanted.

5G_celica
02-20-2009, 10:41 AM
I've purchased a 98 eclipse spyder from repo.com in vancouver.

the prices are really good, but as someone mentioned you have to be careful, cause if someone can't make th payments, that means maintanence is probably neglected.

I would get a full inspection from AMA if you were interested in a car.

mine had the tranny go with in 3 months, but really that's my fault for buying an automatic DSM.. hahaha

they do come with a limited power train warranty... and I mean limited. 3 month/ 3000 kms up to $500. you can purchase better warranties.

repo.com doesn't do any maintanence (to my knowledge) so what you see is what was taken from the owner. so if you see fresh oil then it would have been from the owner.

and if you buy, fully maintain if asap since the car actually sits around for over a month before they can sell it

all that probably helped very little, but I tried.

13thirtyseven
02-21-2009, 12:22 AM
What yuou see is hwat you get just run down grab a vin number get it inspected if its that much cheaper than a dealership it should be worth it.

Other than that the staff down there is really friendly, no pressure as far as im concerned the most they make on a vehicle is 300$