PDA

View Full Version : F1 Ferrari in Calgary to see!

bourge73
02-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Hey thought I would give everyone the heads up. I just heard the Shell Building in the downtown core (near Eau Claire) has a F1 Ferrari on display in the lobby? My buddies and I are heading down there asap. Just FYI!:thumbsup:

rage2
02-19-2009, 01:15 PM
fuck ferrari

BigMass
02-19-2009, 01:16 PM
They had it there two years ago and it was just a shell with no engine, no seat and no steering wheel. It was very boring. Oh, and it was some 10 year old model

buh_buh
02-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2
fuck ferrari :rofl: Bitter much? Its not Ferrari's fault McL's aero is sucking.

Zhariak
02-19-2009, 01:26 PM
I thought it was a F1 racing car?

I spend alot of time downtown, always notice it driving by, or used tooo.

dino_martini
02-19-2009, 01:33 PM
There was a F1 car on display at A Taste of Calgary (two years ago I believe. There was also a Ferrari F1 car on display at the Autoshow last year.

bigboom
02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
Hey thought I would give everyone the heads up. I just heard the Shell Building in the downtown core (near Eau Claire) has a F1 Ferrari on display in the lobby? My buddies and I are heading down there asap. Just FYI!:thumbsup:

it's been there a long time and its not an actual car just a shell.

bourge73
02-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Fuck Ferrari? best you can do? It was cool to see it regardless of what it was or if it was a shell or not who the fuck cares? I though you were a car enthusiasts? dont you run this site?
Delete my post like a good bitch and ban me fuck head

dino_martini
02-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Fuck Ferrari? best you can do? It was cool to see it regardless of what it was or if it was a shell or not who the fuck cares? I though you were a car enthusiasts? dont you run this site?

:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
02-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Wow such an intense thread lol.

BigShow
02-19-2009, 02:13 PM
hahaaha :hijack:

chkolny541
02-19-2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/This-Thread-Delivers/1/ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

civic_stylez
02-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
:rofl: Bitter much? Its not Ferrari's fault McL's aero is sucking.

LOL:clap:

tjtd00
02-19-2009, 02:33 PM
wow the 16 year olds are in a foul mood today

DJ Lazy
02-19-2009, 02:52 PM

Just because we are car enthusiasts doesn't mean we have to like Ferrari. :nut:

rumeo
02-19-2009, 02:59 PM

hahahahaa
Rage2: "Your wish is my command"

n1zm0
02-19-2009, 03:12 PM
ha it was like normal 'beyond-type' responses:

'fuck ferrari'/ 'i see that everyday, just a shell'
then
*SNAP*

... /subscribed

There was actually a promo at the Shell near chinook a while back and my coworkers were like 'omg the F1 Ferrari is at the gas station, you can get a picture in it!', went over and i noticed there was no engine, also noticed that the tires were made out of hard shiny molded plastic.. then i was like 'Fuck ferrari' :rofl:

rage2
02-19-2009, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by DJ Lazy
Just because we are car enthusiasts doesn't mean we have to like Ferrari. :nut:
Thank you.

I refuse to give any support to a team/company that has to cheat to win in Formula 1.

bourge73
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
I thought Mclaren was the cheater ? ya well it was just like I thought no engine, fake tires but oh well cool to look at I guess. fuck it good excuse to get the fac out of the office and look at bitches. :english:

EK 2.0
02-19-2009, 03:36 PM

fuck ferrari

You see here Ladies and Gentlemen...rage2 has proceeded to stick a knife in the back of bourge73...

I refuse to give any support to a team/company that has to cheat to win in Formula 1.

And then here, CLEARLY not only drive the blade that much deeper, but also gives is a slight downward clockwise twist...

Now, we wait, to see how bourge73 responds...

I thought Mclaren was the cheater ? ya well it was just like I thought no engine, fake tires but oh well cool to look at I guess. fuck it good excuse to get the fac out of the office and look at bitches. Even without an engine would still beat your S13's :english:

what??

buh_buh
02-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Just because we are car enthusiasts doesn't mean we have to like Ferrari. :nut: And McLaren fanboy #2 shows up.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2152504/2/istockphoto_2152504_take_a_number_please.jpg

Originally posted by EK 2.0

You see here Ladies and Gentlemen...rage2 has proceeded to stick a knife in the back of bourge73...
Seems to me rage stuck that knife directly into his face. If he pm'd me saying "Fuck Ferrari" in response to this thread, that would be a knife in the back.

rage2
02-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I thought Mclaren was the cheater ?
The FIA sure made it look that way. At the end of the day, a Ferrari engineer passed around information to a McLaren engineer, specifically the use of CO2 in tires, pit stop strategy (turns out it was wrong), F2007's weight balance, and Ferrari's illegal floor in the F2007 which got banned when word went out. McLaren never used the CO2 (De La Rosa did ask a Bridgestone engineer about it), the only thing that was used was the weight distribution was plugged into the simulator. All this is in the transcripts that were made public.

Ferrari, on the other hand, gets a huge helping hand from the FIA with random penalties to competitors, more money than any other team from F1 earnings, and rule changes that favor Ferrari. This came out when the head of Ferrari was having a public fight with Bernie Ecclestone.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=241503&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=4

cisco88
02-19-2009, 03:53 PM
^
:werd:

DJ Lazy
02-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
And McLaren fanboy #2 shows up.

That may be true, but I still throw alot of my support to some of the other teams/drivers, such as Toyota and BMW. :thumbsup:

Revhard
02-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Been there for some time. These were taken nov.4/08.
This car had a steering wheel and exhaust I think...

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/9bells/IMG_0125.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/9bells/IMG_0126.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/9bells/IMG_0129.jpg http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/9bells/IMG_0092.jpg

buh_buh
02-19-2009, 07:06 PM
any f1 car up close is a thing of beauty. Ferrari or not.

Zewind
02-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
They had it there two years ago and it was just a shell with no engine, no seat and no steering wheel. It was very boring. Oh, and it was some 10 year old model

Pictures prove it, no seat, no steering wheel (well i didnt see one) and the tires look like hard pastic. :thumbsdow

rage2
02-19-2009, 09:54 PM
That's the F2007. It looks like it's missing a whole whack of bodywork tho. Might be Monza spec aero.

XylathaneGTR
02-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Zewind

Pictures prove it, no seat, no steering wheel (well i didnt see one) and the tires look like hard pastic. :thumbsdow

...Because it's not a real car...Just a shell...No motor either.

They had one at the UofC a year ago for some promotional thing...Really neat to see upclose.

iceburns288
02-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Don't be a cocksucker just cuz we have the FIA on our team ;)...

ryanallan
02-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by iceburns288

Don't be a cocksucker just cuz we have the FIA on our team ;)... haha
go red :burnout:

redline
02-20-2009, 07:36 AM
That's the F2007. It looks like it's missing a whole whack of bodywork tho. Might be Monza spec aero.

that is not real body work, they make a presentation spec areo at the start of every year that is made for press pics and shit... that areo would have never been tested or raced. It is just made to throw off other teams...

redline
02-20-2009, 07:37 AM

The FIA sure made it look that way. At the end of the day, a Ferrari engineer passed around information to a McLaren engineer, specifically the use of CO2 in tires, pit stop strategy (turns out it was wrong), F2007's weight balance, and Ferrari's illegal floor in the F2007 which got banned when word went out. McLaren never used the CO2 (De La Rosa did ask a Bridgestone engineer about it), the only thing that was used was the weight distribution was plugged into the simulator. All this is in the transcripts that were made public.

Ferrari, on the other hand, gets a huge helping hand from the FIA with random penalties to competitors, more money than any other team from F1 earnings, and rule changes that favor Ferrari. This came out when the head of Ferrari was having a public fight with Bernie Ecclestone.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=241503&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=4

sure the rest just made it into the shreader before the FIA showed up!!!

redline
02-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Zewind

lol

there is a seat in the car... it is a just a piece of molded CF... what are you expecting a leather padded sparco?

Those are real F1 tires.... never been to a race... do you think a tire that lasts a 100km and holds 4g would be the same tire that is on your moms minivan?:banghead:

rage2
02-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by redline
that is not real body work, they make a presentation spec areo at the start of every year that is made for press pics and shit... that areo would have never been tested or raced. It is just made to throw off other teams...
Ya, I just remembered kinda what the F2007 looks like and this one looked pretty close. I just looked up some pics of the F2007 and this car has the F2007 livery (sponsors are correct), but the car # is wrong (1 went to Alonso for 2007), rear wing is totally different, bodywork is missing tons of bargeboards and winglets, general shape is close, exhaust is completely different, and front wing is close but missing the upper elements. It's not even launch aero, so it must be shitty aero specifically for presenting in public.

So ya, you're right haha.

calgarygts
02-20-2009, 10:48 AM
When shell bought that thing we had a party where there was a tire changing competition - it was fun! Air guns and all, never would've thought they would let us corporate turds use those. The tires are not plastic, it's rubber and unbelievably light (throw them like a baseball light).

em2ab
02-20-2009, 10:49 AM
he one at Shell 2 years ago (red/white one) did for sure have a seat and steering wheel. I took pictures of it and can post them later if you want. Still nothing special though.

harv91
02-21-2009, 05:47 AM
i'd rock it

Revhard
02-21-2009, 08:17 AM
As stated, this one has a steering wheel, and exhaust. Not sure if it has a motor, couldn't really care either.
Geez, if you guys are thrashing on a free spectacle like this, don't go to the world of wheels...

rage2
02-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Revhard
Geez, if you guys are thrashing on a free spectacle like this, don't go to the world of wheels...
I'm just trashing on it cuz I hate Ferrari. If it was any other F1 car, it'd be a whole different story :rofl:.

Revhard
02-21-2009, 12:40 PM

I'm just trashing on it cuz I hate Ferrari. If it was any other F1 car, it'd be a whole different story :rofl:.

I know your reasons, I was talking about the guys who were whining about no steering wheel, etc.
I fully expected for you to have the first post in this one Rage...
It's funny, I would go down for almost any F1 car, with the exception being anything involved with Alonso, ever...:guns: :poosie:

rage2
02-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Revhard
It's funny, I would go down for almost any F1 car, with the exception being anything involved with Alonso, ever...:guns: :poosie:
haha, I hated Alonso for what he did in 07 at McLaren, but he's earned my respect back after last year's performance in that POS Renault. Winning 2 races in that thing... he definately is the best driver in F1 today IMO. Besides, he must hate Ferrari too. Remember the blocking penalty he got in 06 at Monza? :rofl:

I might actually be going to Barcelona to catch the Spanish GP this year. Wonder if I'll get stabbed all decked out in McLaren gear in Spain haha. Those fans are crazy there.

em2ab
02-21-2009, 03:01 PM
The steering wheel and seat obviously aren't going to be big enough to see from a front view. This is the F2001 they had on display 3-4 years ago.

http://www.danmaher.com/images/F11.jpg

http://www.danmaher.com/images/F12.jpg

/argument

iceburns288
02-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Remember the blocking penalty he got in 06 at Monza? :rofl:
Hey... there was some... aerodynamic... effects... on Massa's lap. Or something.

Clearly blocking!:D