PDA

View Full Version : Watching F1 in Calgary..

fast95pony
02-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Any Pubs or bars broadcast F1 races live in Calgary ??

buh_buh
02-19-2009, 11:51 PM
rage's place :D
I don't think there are since most of the races are in the middle of the night or early morning and there aren't that many F1 fans here. If there was I wouldn't mind checking it out.

fast95pony
02-20-2009, 12:02 AM
I guest I'll just continue watching the races at home...and continue to educate my wife,who insists on watching the races with me.To her credit,she now understands qualifying and fuel strategy ! :)

Ripper
02-25-2009, 02:40 PM
I saw Japan, I think, one year in Schank's... but other then that I watch at home.

bituerbo
02-25-2009, 03:13 PM
NASCAR is getting a bigger audience, and I often see those races showing at bars and restaurants. Last year I started watching... I actually saw a road race with NASCAR cars, and that's the first time I had ever seen a race in full. Ever since then, and I find myself home on a Sunday I'll usually watch the oval-action.

F1 is still an amazing sport that doesn't get enough credit, much like Rally. Too bad the cigarette manufacturers can't support teams anymore, they brought a lot of sponsorhip and media support to events.

Trini
02-25-2009, 08:14 PM
I watch it at home as most of the races are late at night or early morning

rage2
02-25-2009, 09:27 PM
If you guys are up for early morning races live, I'd be more than happy to host at my place. 70" TV, multiple laptops for live timing, and excellent access to breakfast (crowfoot). Plus for the smokers, there's a heated garage.

I watch every race live, and it's definately way more fun to have other F1 fans around during a race.

Night races, I usually have people over for that. Not many takers for the morning ones haha.

danno
02-25-2009, 10:11 PM
i always pvr the early morning race. i wake up and watch them live then fall alseep at about lap 3 and wake up right in time to watch the final few laps. later in the day i re watch the rest of the race.

anyone playing f1 on ps3, i know it's old but i'm addicted to it right now

Mibz
02-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by danno
anyone playing f1 on ps3, i know it's old but i'm addicted to it right now Coop and I are anxiously awaiting the '09 game to hit on 360. Can't say I'm thrilled that it's by Codemasters but I don't think that'll stop me from enjoying it anyway.

rage2
02-25-2009, 10:43 PM
I play it once in a while... it's pretty much the only PS3 game I play haha.

I've never sucessfully had a good multiplayer race tho. I have horrible lag, prob. cuz most of the players are from europe.

DJ Lazy
02-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by rage2
If you guys are up for early morning races live, I'd be more than happy to host at my place. 70" TV, multiple laptops for live timing, and excellent access to breakfast (crowfoot). Plus for the smokers, there's a heated garage.

I watch every race live, and it's definately way more fun to have other F1 fans around during a race.

Night races, I usually have people over for that. Not many takers for the morning ones haha.

I'd be down for that... only because your in the NW as well.. haha

danno
02-25-2009, 11:34 PM
i've never tried multiplayer yet, mostly cause i lag to much in every other game i play online. i play on semi pro with all but abs off and finally got my first win at indy, i got 2 more wins later in china and somewhere else. i picked it up off ebay as it's very hard to find here but it's a awsome game and looks amazing. i wish they had it with the night race that happened in 08

civic_stylez
02-26-2009, 10:36 AM

Do you allow Ferrari fans over?? lol or do we have to sit in the garage or pantry with a handheld TV??

nich148_9
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM

That would be super.

Oz-
02-26-2009, 01:42 PM

I would be interested to just be in the atmosphere of watching with other people and hearing commentary.

rage2
02-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Well seems like there's half decent interest, so if you're in, shoot me a PM with your email address, and I'll set up some sort of a mailing list so I can figure out food, drinks, snacks, etc.

And yes, Ferrari fans are allowed. I need someone to pick on (or vice versa if Ferrari does better lol) during the race haha.

I'm up in Arbour Lake if that makes any difference. buh_buh's hardcore, he comes over all the way from Lake Bonavista!

civic_stylez
02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Well seems like there's half decent interest, so if you're in, shoot me a PM with your email address, and I'll set up some sort of a mailing list so I can figure out food, drinks, snacks, etc.

And yes, Ferrari fans are allowed. I need someone to pick on (or vice versa if Ferrari does better lol) during the race haha.

I'm up in Arbour Lake if that makes any difference. buh_buh's hardcore, he comes over all the way from Lake Bonavista!

Awesome! Add another Ferrari fan to the list... Im a Lake Bonavista crew member as well... may have to get a carpool going....

buh_buh
02-26-2009, 05:25 PM

I'm up in Arbour Lake if that makes any difference. buh_buh's hardcore, he comes over all the way from Lake Bonavista! I only do it to antagonize you when McLaren takes it up the chute, although at this point Honda doesn't even have a team.

Mibz
02-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
Im a Lake Bonavista crew member as well... may have to get a carpool going.... I'm coming from Sundance, a carpool might not be a bad idea.

nich148_9
02-26-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm fairly central (West Hillhurst), so a carpool would be good if you're going past this way.

DJ Lazy
02-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I only do it to antagonize you when McLaren takes it up the chute, although at this point Honda doesn't even have a team.

Think you can put up with more than 1 McLaren fan? :D

buh_buh
02-26-2009, 06:42 PM
haha i dont hate mclaren i just like harassing rage

DJ Lazy
03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
So........ Is rage's place a go this weekend? :D

rage2
03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Yes it is. I've been so swamped at work, I'll send an email out with directions tonight.

I've rewired my whole house, and JUST finished and got everything working yesterday, so we're good to go to access both SpeedHD as well as TSN HD feeds!

Laptops are good to go for live timing, just have to pick up some munchies. I'll have beers too for those that are alcoholic like myself.

The Cosworth
03-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by nich148_9
I'm fairly central (West Hillhurst), so a carpool would be good if you're going past this way.

I live in bridgeland.

Mibz
03-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Anybody in the South feel like driving me so I can booze it up?

psycoticclown
03-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Lucky bastards! None of my friends here watch it, they say its boring and takes no skill to drive in a circle... Yes those were the exact words.

rawsensation
03-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

I would be interested to just be in the atmosphere of watching with other people and hearing commentary.

Yeah me too, not really much of a f1 one fan, just started watching a little bit here and there but would be nice to start following the sport. Are people wanting to get into the sport allowed? or will it be all die-hard fans :dunno:

rage2
03-26-2009, 12:00 AM
You're more than welcome to join even if you're a casual fan. You'll have a lot of people, including myself, that'll be more than happy explaining stuff to you (unless theres an epic moment happening on track haha).

BerserkerCatSplat
03-26-2009, 12:15 AM
Agh, a midnight race and I work at 8 the next morning...

Edit: Ah, Saturday night. I might bug DJ Lazy for a ride and make it out.

rawsensation
03-26-2009, 12:20 AM
You're more than welcome to join even if you're a casual fan. You'll have a lot of people, including myself, that'll be more than happy explaining stuff to you (unless theres an epic moment happening on track haha).

count me in then :thumbsup:

rage2
03-26-2009, 12:40 AM
PM me your email address for the details.

ChrisV
03-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Less than24hrs, boys. Everyone ready? :D

The Cosworth
03-26-2009, 06:49 AM
where can you watch practice this year?

Idratherbsidewayz
03-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Lucky bastards! None of my friends here watch it, they say its boring and takes no skill to drive in a circle... Yes those were the exact words.

Haha, they're right. Drifting is the real pinnacle of auto racing. ;)

I wish I was in Calgary, this sounds like an awesome night.

rage2
03-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by The Cosworth
where can you watch practice this year?
It's on Speed tonight. Well, FP2 anyways.