PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Dodge Ram 1500

jshel101
02-20-2009, 09:08 AM
I am thinking of getting a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. We would use it to eventually pull an RV trailer, when we finally get one. I have been set on getting this truck, but then I started looking at the 2008.5 Diesel Grand Cherokee. It has a tow rating of 7700lbs. IMO, I would rather get a Ford F150, but since I am currently in a Jeep lease, and having to end it early to get the new vehicle. I unfortunately have to stick to a Chrysler product.

What I want to know, which vehicle would be better to get? I have been going back and forth on this one. My wife has finally given me permission to go ahead on this. :D

dr_jared88
02-20-2009, 09:13 AM
How much longer is your current lease? I'd talk to Ford. If it isn't that long they may be willing to buy it out. Nissan did that for us. I would take the F150 hands down over the Ram but thats just me.

jshel101
02-20-2009, 09:25 AM
I have 2 years left of my current lease. So I don't think Ford would be able to do anything for me. My other option is to try and find someone to take over my lease, but I'm not sure if I want the hazzle of this.

Masked Bandit
02-20-2009, 10:03 AM
If you still have two years left on your lease you are going to get killed in penalties & fees for switching to ANYTHING at this point. Just because they will alllow it doesn't mean they aren't going to make even more money off of you.

Do you actually NEED a different vehicle RIGHT NOW or are you just itchy for something else?

jshel101
02-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
If you still have two years left on your lease you are going to get killed in penalties & fees for switching to ANYTHING at this point. Just because they will alllow it doesn't mean they aren't going to make even more money off of you.

Do you actually NEED a different vehicle RIGHT NOW or are you just itchy for something else?
Well we want to buy an RV trailer at the end of the year, or next spring. So I need a different tow vehicle, and at the lower prices for trucks these days. I thought it would be a perfect time to upgrade. I possibily could wait until my lease runs out in 2011, but I would rather get my trailer a lot sooner than that. If my Grand Caravan could pull 5000lbs, then I would not be buying anything right now. Especially the way the economy is and that I have no way of knowing if I will still have a job at the end of the year.

Sometimes you just have to say WTF, and dive in. It is only debt. lol

Aleks
02-20-2009, 10:55 AM
New Ram is sweet.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison_test/pickups/dodge_ram_vs_ford_f_150_and_chevy_silverado_comparison_test/

jshel101
02-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the link, that was a good article

corsvette
02-20-2009, 01:44 PM
All you need is a drive in a diesel cherokee,a excelent product with amazing fuel economy.