PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here work for Bell? Need some advice

r0g3r
02-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Okay so my contract is going to expire at the end of this year. However, I kinda wanna get out of it earlier than that. Is there anyway to get out of it with the least possible charges?

Thanks for your help.

harv91
02-22-2009, 03:33 PM
if you wanna cancel out early, I THINK its 20$ a month with a maximum like 400$ charge or something, so if u have less than a year, you have to pay 20$ a month left on your contract.
Not 100% sure on that so don't quote me :D

toyboy88
02-22-2009, 03:39 PM
It's $20/per month remaining on your contract (up to $400 max) or minimum of $100.

It's that or you can find someone to takeover your contract, usually you give them your phone for free and some cash as an incentive.

403ep3
02-22-2009, 04:53 PM
toyboy88 is right. There is probably no way you can get out of the contract without paying anything or less. They will give no incentive for a customer leaving lol.

Zewind
02-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by toyboy88
It's $20/per month remaining on your contract (up to $400 max) or minimum of $100.

It's that or you can find someone to takeover your contract, usually you give them your phone for free and some cash as an incentive.

$100 minium... bastards! :P

legendboy
02-23-2009, 09:12 AM
so does anybody in this thread work at a bell store?

m4rk
02-23-2009, 01:46 PM
why would you want to leave bell? its such a great company lol

anyways, someone already said it, 20 for every month remaining on the contract, max of 400

since it expires this year(assuming dec is the end), i'm guessing its gonna be around 200 to get out(10 months or so)

make sure you give your 30 day notice before it expires(you can do it a month or two earlier if you want)

don't go into a store and ask to cancel, call in to customer service instead

you can do a transfer of responsibility if you can find someone to take over your contract. again, call in to customer service to do it and make sure both of you guys are on the phone and the person taking over your contract has their SIN/credit card with them to do the credit check

with all that said, if your leaving to another cell phone company... just ask the new company to take your number over from bell and it'll automatically cancel the contract and your'll receive your final bill for the cancellation and whatever left of the monthly bill

there's always bumping your plan to the lowest and letting it ride out, but off hand, the lowest plan i can think of comes out to be like $30 a month(which is kinda better than paying $100-200 all in one go, it really depends on your financial situation)

i think that's everything i can remember :)

r0g3r
02-23-2009, 02:13 PM
thanks for your help everyone.

And bell is a shitty company. I hate their phone service and their customer service. Reception is pretty bad.

well fck. I guess I'll have to just wait it out.

Btw m4rk,

"if your leaving to another cell phone company... just ask the new company to take your number over from bell and it'll automatically cancel the contract and your'll receive your final bill for the cancellation and whatever left of the monthly bill"

if I do that, wont they charge me the cancellation of contract fee? (pretty much the 200$ in one go) ?

m4rk
02-23-2009, 08:09 PM
well yes, when you take your number with you, it'll cancel the contract with bell and your'll get a bill for the cancellation fee(which is the $200 or whatever the fee is)

but hey,to offset the fee... when you go get a new phone from rogers or whaterver, try asking for $200 worth of free stuff... it'll ease up the pain? lol

toyboy88
02-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by m4rk
well yes, when you take your number with you, it'll cancel the contract with bell and your'll get a bill for the cancellation fee(which is the $200 or whatever the fee is)

but hey,to offset the fee... when you go get a new phone from rogers or whaterver, try asking for $200 worth of free stuff... it'll ease up the pain? lol

:facepalm: :facepalm:

rumeo
02-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by m4rk

good luck with getting $200 worth of free stuff

slick2404
02-23-2009, 09:22 PM
I got a family memeber looking to switch from bell to rogers (iphone is the main reason) anyone have some insight? I called up customer service did not really get a great plan.

250 even wkd 6pm, 100LD $25
500mb, ulimt text/video. caller id, voicemail $35
iphone for 199.

I know people can swing the same plan, if not more features for a cheaper per month rate. (rogers 2 rogers or unlimited incomming, don't need the texting plan)

If you can hook it up, let me know!

403ep3
02-24-2009, 01:24 AM
I actually work at bell. I can only do stuff for people signing up or trying to stay with bell, not leaving =)

TripleT
02-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
I actually work at bell. I can only do stuff for people signing up or trying to stay with bell, not leaving =)

What kind of "stuff" can you do for people signing up/staying with bell? ;)