PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used U-Wrench?

Cooked Rice
02-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Has anyone used the hoists at U-Wrench? How is it there? Do they have a hoist that lifts by your wheels?

I need to rent a hoist/uni-spotter to pull my dented frame rails out of their misery. I don't get why Nissan made the frame rails out of flimsy sheet metal. I was content with their condition, until yesterday. I set the car down on a jackstand under the frame rail. Me being dumb, I put it where the front rail ends. and where the mid rail starts. So it f'd the rail even more :banghead: After I get it all straightened back out, i'm gusseting the entire rail. Everyone tells me I shouldn't worry too much, unless the rails are rusted through, which they are not. Because the car is uni-body, but I'm quite anal about body stiffness. For example many JDM S13s don't even had a mid section frame rail, but north american ones do.

frozenrice
02-22-2009, 09:24 PM
I was just there a few weeks ago to change my oil pan gasket. I don't recall seeing the type of hoist you're talking about. I don't mind the place. The guy that owns it looks intimidating at first, but he's an alright guy. His dogs seem out of place though. You'll know what I mean when you see them and look at the owner. Bring as many tools as you think you'll need. Their hand tools are free to borrow, but you waste a lot of time waiting/looking for what you need. It's just handier having your own.

sr20s14zenki
02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Dave is a great guy to deal with, and very knowledgeable about body work. Definately take it there.

msommers
02-22-2009, 11:23 PM
What were their rates??

sr20s14zenki
02-22-2009, 11:27 PM
I think he charges like 20....25 an hour for hoist rental, and that includes tools and hoist setup. Theres an air tool fee, welder fee, torch fee, etc. Good deal IMO. I go there when i need a hoist.

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Used it to replace the e-brake cable in my civic. Great place, but their host just lifts it by the jacking points, but a full lift that you drive onto.

Also, they charge a tiny bit more to use the impact tools.

YamahaV8
02-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Been there a few times now. When I went it was $18 an hour for a hoist and $15 for the floor. Dave is awesome and very smart with body work and mechanical stuff. I don't think they have a drive on hoist like you mentioned but they have 3 or 4 hoists that lift by the frame. I definitely recommend the shop.