PDA

View Full Version : Another emergency vehicle MVA

kenny
05-29-2002, 12:22 PM
What is up lately with the crashes involving emergency vehicles?

---snip---

Last evening at approximately 8 PM, Calgary EMS and Police responded to a motor vehicle crash at Shawville Blvd and 162 Avenue SE. The crash involved a Calgary Fire Department tank truck and a GMC Yukon.

The collision occurred while the CFD vehicle was responding to an emergency call with its lights and siren activated. As a result of the collision two people were treated and transported to hospital.

Patient One: A 21-year-old male. The lone occupant driving the GMC Yukon. He sustained head, facial, and leg injuries. He was transported in serious condition to the Foothills Trauma Center. His injuries are not considered life threatening.

Patient Two: Approximately 35-year-old male. Firefighter driver of the CFD apparatus. He sustained a minor hip injury. He was transported in stable condition to Rockyview General Hospital.

The other firefighter occupant of the CFD apparatus was not injured.

The Calgary Police Service and Fire Department are investigating the incident and will release further details.

CRXguy
05-29-2002, 12:29 PM
Hey! I was in the area, but I don't remember seeing that accident. All I saw was Fire trucks and an ambulance going into Midlake blvd.:dunno:

HRD2PLZ
05-29-2002, 12:53 PM
:rofl: I saw an ambulance driving down McLeod Tr South last night when I was going out, shortly after that I saw a cop car racing down McLeod the same way. Know I know what was going on.