PDA

View Full Version : DON'T go to CITY WIDE RADIATOR

Big C
08-16-2002, 03:06 PM
I just got jacked out of $75 by these clowns. I go in and ask for JUST a pressure test (I was very clear about that) for my intercooler. I send my brother up to get it, and he doesn't know much about cars, so he pays them $75 and whatever, and I get the bill, and they tested it, as well as cleaned it, bent the fins back into place (the damaged ones) and painted it. I simply asked for a pressure test, nothing more, not the "standard procedure" as they tell me when I went to get my money back. I like to call it the STANDARD F*** ME UP THE ASS PROCEDURE.

....just letting you guys know, and sure, $75 doesn't sound like much, but right now I'm screwed because of it. :madred: :madred: :madred:

speedracer
08-16-2002, 03:16 PM
Those BASTARDS!:madred:

What did they say about damaging the fins?

Ferio_vti
08-16-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Big C
bent the fins back into place (the damaged ones)

Big C
08-16-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
Those BASTARDS!:madred:

What did they say about damaging the fins?

As for the fins, there were a few damaged ones from removal and from stones and what not which I planned on straightening myself....definately not worth whatever they charged

bol
08-16-2002, 03:26 PM
Rule #1 of automotive service:

Get EVERYTHING in signed, dated writing.

RiceCake
08-16-2002, 03:28 PM
That's :bullshit: They contact you befor doing unauthorized work to your car :madred:

speedracer
08-16-2002, 03:49 PM
Rule # 2:
If possible watch what they are doing to your car.

It's funny how they cover their a$$ by saying it's standard service...:dunno:

Ferio_vti
08-16-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by RiceCake
That's :bullshit: They contact you befor doing unauthorized work to your car :madred:

Exactly, if you didn't ask for it, you shouldn't have to pay for it. Talk to your Bro and get the full story on what happened. Go back and talk to the Manager. Unfortunately, its gonna be harder, being that your bro already paid for things.

My mom when to Crappy tire for an oil change once and when she was paying they brought out an oil filter (which turned out to be the old one) and they even took the effort to cut it open and give her a story to buy a new one it the store and they'll install it for her.

She said no and walked out with a new filter, cuz they assumed that she would say yes and have to pay for the one that they already put in.

Big C
08-16-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Go back and talk to the Manager.

When I went back today, I'm pretty sure I was talking straight to the owner, and if not then it was atleast the manager

Redlyne_mr2
08-16-2002, 03:56 PM
haha ..shit no one messes with Big C..by the tiem youre done every forum will know about city wide radiator

Big C
08-16-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
haha ..shit no one messes with Big C..by the tiem youre done every forum will know about city wide radiator

lol, i've posted this on like 6 forums already...i'm so angry

Redlyne_mr2
08-16-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Big C

lol, i've posted this on like 6 forums already...i'm so angry
so your ic is black now..damn that sucks..some guy on the mr2 forum was saying that the stock mr2 ic is black...:dunno: has he even seen his intercooler before...
by the way have you tested it yet....was it worth it??

Big C
08-16-2002, 04:17 PM
it tested fine btw, so it's good...definately not worth it though, i could have cleaned it with simple green for 10 bucks for a massive bottle of that stuff, and straightened the fins for free. Net loss of 65 dollars

Fluidic
08-16-2002, 04:34 PM
I will be sure to avoid them! :confused: :)

Peter