PDA

View Full Version : My New Truck??

Kona9
02-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Well I would like to start off with the fact that I have the upmost repsect for the people at Brasso Nissan. This is the third truck I have purchased/leased through them, and I have NEVER been unsatisfied with the level of service they give.

With that, unfortunately a mistake was made when ordering my truck. I ordered a 2009 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Short box Pro 4x in Storm Grey. What I got was a 2009 Frontier Crew Cab Long Box LE in Storm Grey. Now given that the only REAL difference to me is the box length issue, the other differences are no big difference. They both have the Rockford Fosgate Stereo, Bluetooth, they are both the right color. It's just the first year they have lengthened the box on a couple of models, and I am not sure I have warmed up to it, as to be in a situation to decide so fast! I have until tomorrow at about noon to decide whether to return the mistaken truck and wait it out for a couple of days for the actual truck I ordered, or to just keep the truck, and get my Dad a good deal on a Titan! ;)

I understand the short box is pretty much useless to haul anything a truck generally would, although I owned an 05 Frontier Crew LE in the past and I just like the look of the 4 doors and the short box. The only thing I moved around were mountain bikes and snowboards.

There is also a small budget for some wheels and tires. Perhaps I can get over the box issue with a nice set of wheels and tires for it. Whether it be 20's or 22's I am not sure yet.

They felt horrible about the situation, and offered the mistaken, upgraded model to me at no extra charge.

The pros to keeping the truck would obviously be the upgraded model for a good price, it has the chrome accessory package on it and it goes well with the color.

The cons to keeping the truck would be the fact that I am not sure if the box length will end up bothering the piss outta me or if it will grow on me enough to like it.

What I ordered:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/pro4x.jpg

What I recieved:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/LELB.jpg

Just throwing my situation out there for people to discuss and give opinion on.

Again, this dealership in my opinion is great! No need for Brasso Bashing. :thumbsup:

Hopefully sleeping on this situation will help me out with deciding!

Rat Fink
02-25-2009, 12:12 AM

rumeo
IMO, go for your first choice....

CRXguy
The long box is still 6.5 feet, right? I actually like the look of the "long box." The short box just looks too weird with the rear wheel well right up against the back of the cab.

The Pro 4x does look more muscular though. :D

Supa Dexta
02-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Mines bigger!
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9929/truck123qd4.jpg :rofl:

I wasn't sure on a full box either, but I love having it now.. But I also make good use of it. :dunno: Thats what it comes down to, if you don't think you'll use it send it back.. If you do send it back, don't complain when you have to move shit and nothing fits.

Kona9
02-25-2009, 12:21 AM
I am just trying to think if a decent set of 22's would look good on the long box. It's a pretty sweet truck regardless of the box size. I just think the long box looks wierd as I am not used to it with this being the first year with it.

It's just tough having your mind set on something and then having to make a last minute choice such as this. It is a bit of a deal, but it's not.

I just wanted a nice looking truck that looked even better with a nice set of wheels. It's been so long since I have modded anything so I kind of want to like it. ;)

Weapon_R
02-25-2009, 12:23 AM
That short box looks pretty retarded if you ask me. Go with the "long" box (pretty much a short box on most trucks).

TorqueDog
02-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Short box looks fine, but judging by what you're saying, you ordered a Pro and not an LE. The LE has that chromed steel bumper versus the body coloured one. Really depends if you want the sportier look of the Pro versus the traditional (as traditional as a Frontier can be) look of the chromed steel.

That short box looks an awful lot like an Explorer Sport-Trac from that angle.

BlackArcher101
02-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Shortbox for me. A few days isn't too bad... and that fact you are doubting it all makes me thing you'll pick it apart a month down the road. There are workarounds to the lack of space... I went from a truck to my car, so I know all about it.

TomcoPDR
02-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Well Mr. Outdoor's man

Short box = smaller chicks

Long box = bigger chicks

But really, even if you have to haul something long (TV), that half foot isn't really going to help much (just get one of those tailgate extension cages)... However, the appearance of the "Pro4X" model (color matching shit) looks :bigpimp:

Generic
02-25-2009, 08:40 AM
the shortbox looks dumb. It just looks wrong. Longbox looks great, i'd be real happy if I was you!

Kona9
02-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Generic
the shortbox looks dumb. It just looks wrong. Longbox looks great, i'd be real happy if I was you!

The shitty thing is there wasn't any that I saw or researched in the city, that I could go look at in person. I have only pics on the net to get a comparison. Until this morning I drove into Fish Creek Nissan and they had a blue Pro 4x there. Of course it was tucked away in the back and I basically had to stand beside it to have a look.

FUCK!!! This is aggravating me. :banghead:

I've got a few hours left. :(

Redlyne_mr2
02-25-2009, 09:02 AM
I always tell this to people when they are considering "settling" for a vehicle because it's cheaper. By settling for something you're not getting what you truly want so instead of saving a few thousand youre more or less just wasting 40, 50, 60 thousand by not getting something that truly satisfies you. As time progresses you may grow tired of the vehicle much sooner and trading it in or selling it prematurely will only net you a greater loss.

benyl
02-25-2009, 09:03 AM
I would take the long box.

Kona9
02-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Mines bigger!

I wasn't sure on a full box either, but I love having it now.. But I also make good use of it. :dunno: Thats what it comes down to, if you don't think you'll use it send it back.. If you do send it back, don't complain when you have to move shit and nothing fits.

WOW! That is long! I thought I had an issue with my truck! haha You need a limo license to drive that rig? :rofl:

I guess part of my issue is that I wanted the tougher, sportier look as opposed to the elder fishing guy look.

Keep in mind I want to do minor mods to this thing. (Wheels Tires etc clean clean)

Perhaps I wont achieve the exact look I am after if I keep the long box. :dunno:

sputnik
02-25-2009, 09:06 AM
I would take the long box.

I find that short box trucks rarely carry as much as I end up wanting them to.

hampstor
02-25-2009, 09:30 AM
"long" box. Those few times you need it, you will be glad you have it. Besides, you're getting a higher trim level for the same price.

jonnycat
02-25-2009, 09:46 AM
The "uplevel" LE is only $200 more than the pro-4x. Pro 4x gets you skid plates, bilstein shocks, I am assuming electronic locking diff.

GO pro-4X, of course I am biased

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/jonnycat69/Car%20stuff/515b.jpg

Tarrantula
02-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Does it have better re-sale? Thats the long run question :dunno:

Kona9
02-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by jonnycat
The "uplevel" LE is only $200 more than the pro-4x. Pro 4x gets you skid plates, bilstein shocks, I am assuming electronic locking diff.

GO pro-4X, of course I am biased

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/jonnycat69/Car%20stuff/515b.jpg

That is a Titan my friend. I was thinking of a Titan. Although I just dont need that much of a truck.

The way I see it, I ordered the Pro 4x for the sportier appearance, and odd little extras. (white gauges, interior cloth etc. The box itself will only have Mtn Bikes and Snowboards in it. If I need something bigger, I will either borrow my fathers trailer or his Full size truck. (He may be getting a Titan)The difference in length is not much to write home about, but the look is completely different.

I think I have made up my mind and I am just waiting on the GM to call me regarding it.

I will post with the final outcome soon.

Kona9
02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
Does it have better re-sale? Thats the long run question :dunno:

Both models have excellent resale. I have seen some comparible models in an 05 setting go for 23-25k. VEry similar resale to a Tacoma! Good!

Kona9
02-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Well....the phone rang and it was Brasso. After all the thoughts and deciding, I have come to a conclusion to re-order what it was I originally wanted.

I did enough research to make that decision in the first place. It is tough to spend a whole bunch of time researching different options for trucks in general and landing on one you want to commit to, and then all of a sudden be thrown in a position to accept something different in a MUCH shorter period of time.

The two trucks may have similar operating options, although they look quite different. I went for the sport model for a reason, and now not having that is what I think will bother me after a while. ESPECIALLY when I see the truck I wanted originally drive by me when I am in something I had to settle for.

Thanks for the advice gentlemen! Greatly appreciated!

Will post pics once it is delivered to me.

PS- If anyone is in the market for a new vehicle, I HIGHLY reccomend Brasso Nissan, solely based on the service I have been getting from them since 2005, and how they have dealt with and taken care of this situation. They gave me full control of the situation and they have responded to every one of my needs and requests!

kaput
02-25-2009, 01:55 PM

Kona9
02-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by kaput
If you remember, keep track of your actual fuel economy and post up the numbers in a couple weeks please.

Sounds good! For the record, my last 2 vehicles have had the Nissan 4litre V6 in them. 265 HP. I have had one 6 speed ( 06 Xterra Offroad) and one Automatic (05 Frontier LE)

The gas consumption was fairly relative. With ball park figures I get/got around 400-450 kms per tank in the city. They claim it to be a 80 litre tank, although even after driving around with the gas light on for a day or so, I have never put more than 70 litres in the tank.

We will see what kilometreage I get this time around.

Tik-Tok
02-25-2009, 02:09 PM
I would have suggested the short box as well. It's what you originally wanted, and parking is a lot easier with a shorty, then a long (1.5' makes a BIG difference when parallel, or mall parking)

Kona9
02-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I would have suggested the short box as well. It's what you originally wanted, and parking is a lot easier with a shorty, then a long (1.5' makes a BIG difference when parallel, or mall parking)

Parking is no issue for me really. The "longer" box as mentioned is really not all that long. The overall length is still fairly compact.

I was more concerned about the look more than anything. As you mentioned, it is what I originally wanted. The only thing that set off the big confusion for me was the fact the mistaken truck was a model higher and I wasn't getting charged the difference. I learned that there is a large difference between getting exactly what you want and making hum haw decisions on something else due to a mistake.

I am looking forward to friday (or earlier for that matter.) Apparently the truck is only in Edmonton. They have to Haul it here though.

atgilchrist
02-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Good for you! If you're spending that much money on a new vehicle, wait for what you want exactly.

ZorroAMG
02-25-2009, 03:01 PM
I was gonna say short. Modded it will look good. The long box modded is like a guy modding something he didn't want to or had no choice....crisis truck haha

Kona9
02-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I was gonna say short. Modded it will look good. The long box modded is like a guy modding something he didn't want to or had no choice....crisis truck haha

Exactly what I was thinking!!

I have already been knocking on Tirebobs door for a set of 22's!! Just deciding and looking to see whats available for this odd bolt pattern pick up.

I think I want to go with a black wheel with a bit of dish!

HRD2PLZ
02-26-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm happy to read that you went with the Pro-4X because that what you had originally wanted. I know many times before I have been thrown a curve and "settled" on a vehicle which I became almost instantly unhappy with and ended selling so I could move on to something else.

I prefer the look of the Pro-4X, it has a much sportier look over the chromed out LE.

rizfarmer
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Mines bigger!

why did you ditch the american flags?

Kona9
02-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
I'm happy to read that you went with the Pro-4X because that what you had originally wanted. I know many times before I have been thrown a curve and "settled" on a vehicle which I became almost instantly unhappy with and ended selling so I could move on to something else.

I prefer the look of the Pro-4X, it has a much sportier look over the chromed out LE.

This is the wrong truck I recieved:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/february065.jpg

This is what I ordered and recieved today after work. (A day ahead of the ETA given.)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/february068.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/kona9/february070.jpg

On top of the way they dealt with this situation, I drove away with a lifetime (that I own the truck) of oil changes, a decent set of moulded rubber floor matts for the winter, and a nice coffee/drink cup/mug/thermos type thing. (durrrr)

Again, you hear too many people ranting about this and that and seeing just how south the SDS thread went, I thought I could reverse the situation for once and make some decent and well deserved compliments about my positive, negative, positve situation with Brasso Nissan.

I have to give it to them. They took care of me not only initially, but during and after their honest mistake. It turned out that the only reason I got the truck I did in the first place was because of a misread between a 'u' and a'v' in the vin. Still inexcusable when the writing above it states "Pro 4x". As you can see. Big difference. No big deal though.

Apparently some people get pretty upset when these things happen. It never really pissed me off. I had a couple feelings of disappointment, but that was mostly disappointment in myself for taking the truck that I truly didn't want. They were cool with me sleeping on it and still taking the truck home. I knew after I slept on it and really thought about it, I had to have what I ordered in the first place. They accepted that and delivered the truck I wanted a day earlier than expected, with all of said "gifts" per se.

Kudos to Brasso Nissan! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not to mention the very attractive business manager that worked with me threw the whole show. :love: :rofl:

Supa Dexta
02-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Yeah brasso's been always good to deal with for me too.

I kinda wish they had left the sticks on my truck, even for a week or so.. :rofl:

It's modded46's dream come true

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6263/truck1bf3.jpg

ee2k
02-26-2009, 08:26 PM
The wheels on the right truck would have looked good on the wrong truck. Every time I see these trucks I see the shorter or longer version and it intrigues me every time, thinking that I recall seeing a longer version or shorter version of it.

And yes, I preferred the wrong truck. You could have just asked them to paste the prox sticker on it :)

CelicaST-162
02-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Any plans on taking it off-roading?:D

JfuckinC
02-26-2009, 09:56 PM
man gayest truck in the league...

little red ftw :poosie:

Kona9
02-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
man gayest truck in the league...

little red ftw :poosie:

Little Red is a slut. A well used one anyways. She can't even get you to work. Is it time for the Limo Driver again Mr C?

You love my truck, now shut your mouth. :poosie:

rizfarmer
02-26-2009, 10:16 PM

I kinda wish they had left the sticks on my truck, even for a week or so.. :rofl:

please tell me you bought it from a resident of a trailer park

patriotism at its finest

:rofl: fuck you should have left those on

Kona9
02-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162
Any plans on taking it off-roading?:D

In all honesty, I had an 06 X Terra Offroad before this new truck, and outside of fire roads and mountain roads to cabins in lakes etc, I didn't even drive any basic trails for "offroading".

I want to hold on to this truck so I don't want to be offroading and what not right away with it. To be honest, I wanted a clean truck. For summer, maybe put a decent set of wheels on it. I haven't modded a vehicle since my 91 Accord Coupe I owned back in Kelowna in 98.

For all those haters that moan about offroad trucks being concrete queens, this is the only model I could have gotten in order to get a sunroof, short box, Rockford Stereo, and Bluetooth in a crew cab. The package is handy for offroading, that is for sure. Suspension, Tires, skid plates, electronic locking diff. Hill Descent Control. I will hardly use all of that. Better for resale I guess. I had my Xterra for 3 years and only put on 36,000 kms. I'm not hard on my vehicles.

I'm looking forward to this truck.

Kona9
02-26-2009, 10:35 PM

He's too midgety to reach his riced out gun from the headache rack in this thing though.

nismodrifter
02-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Nice new vehickle. Should be able to pick up lots of goris with that thing. :bigpimp:

CelicaST-162
02-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

In all honesty, I had an 06 X Terra Offroad before this new truck, and outside of fire roads and mountain roads to cabins in lakes etc, I didn't even drive any basic trails for "offroading".

I want to hold on to this truck so I don't want to be offroading and what not right away with it. To be honest, I wanted a clean truck. For summer, maybe put a decent set of wheels on it. I haven't modded a vehicle since my 91 Accord Coupe I owned back in Kelowna in 98.

For all those haters that moan about offroad trucks being concrete queens, this is the only model I could have gotten in order to get a sunroof, short box, Rockford Stereo, and Bluetooth in a crew cab. The package is handy for offroading, that is for sure. Suspension, Tires, skid plates, electronic locking diff. Hill Descent Control. I will hardly use all of that. Better for resale I guess. I had my Xterra for 3 years and only put on 36,000 kms. I'm not hard on my vehicles.

I'm looking forward to this truck.

It's a nice truck forsure! I agree with you, my DD SUV will never see off road I have a beater off road machine that does the dirty work. But! If you're ever curious about trying it out sometime... We can probly organize a run. :D

Kona9
02-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Nice new vehickle. Should be able to pick up lots of goris with that thing. :bigpimp:

:rofl: Pump up the Bhangra Gora!!!!!

Originally posted by CelicaST-162

It's a nice truck forsure! I agree with you, my DD SUV will never see off road I have a beater off road machine that does the dirty work. But! If you're ever curious about trying it out sometime... We can probly organize a run. :D

Thanks!! Sounds fair to me! I have read some of the offroad threads on here. There is a small group but it's probably better that way.

dino_martini
02-26-2009, 11:09 PM
I like the short box a lot more. Nice choice.

Kennyredline
02-27-2009, 12:56 PM
I like the top picture better, 'cause there's a nice house behind it; the bottom photo just has a grassy hill...not very exciting at all.

5fivespeed
02-27-2009, 01:00 PM

:rofl: Pump up the Bhangra Gora!!!!!

I lol'd so hard. Anyways, really nice truck! Should look great with 22's?

ZorroAMG
02-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Painted handles, bumpers and mirrors + short box (short bus?? :D) = win!

Kona9
02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the compliments gents!! It is a pretty fun truck so far.

So glad I made the change back.

Aleks
02-27-2009, 01:38 PM
They charge you extra for N2 in the tires? :nut:

Does it have heated seats?

funkedelic2
02-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the compliments gents!! It is a pretty fun truck so far.

So glad I made the change back.

Congrats on the truck, liked what you originially ordered a lot better.

Kona9
02-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
They charge you extra for N2 in the tires? :nut:

Does it have heated seats?

I just checked the bill of sale and it only shows a charge for the air tax and Alberta Tire Levy.

No heated seats.

For a mid sized truck, the little interior features on this model are subtle but cool. Red Stitching around the steering wheel and all seats. White faced gauges with silver trim, bluetooth, Audio jack for iPods/laptops etc. Simple, but cool for a little truck.

Can't wait until it's broken in. I picked it up with 22 kms on it. I'm at a whopping 90 now. This may take a while.

I have started the search and research on some clean sets of wheels.