PDA

View Full Version : Big Chief Beef Jerky

Frostiex
02-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Any one know where to buy these bulk?
They are so damn expensive every where...

89coupe
02-25-2009, 12:41 PM
If you want the best jerky in the world, IMO of course, I suggest you try this. And FYI, its not the LongView jerky you see in Safeway and COOP. Completely different!

http://www.longviewjerkyshop.com/store/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=17&cat=WORLD+FAMOUS+LONGVIEW+STYLE+JERKY

hampstor
02-25-2009, 12:41 PM
+1 for this. It's nothing fancy, but so damn good :drool:

They don't have it at the costco in beacon hill.

alloroc
02-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Frostiex
Any one know where to buy these bulk?
They are so damn expensive every where...

Bite me.

http://www.bigchiefbeefjerky.com/storefront/index.html

Click there and find the phone number to order.

BigDannyCool
02-25-2009, 12:48 PM
big chief is terrible. they used processed beef rather than real strips of beef.

CubicleGeek
02-25-2009, 12:51 PM
You can buy bags of ends for somewhere around $20 or so for the equivalent of about $50 worth. They taste just as good as the strips you buy from the store. Their factory is located in Westwinds industrial park, behind the old Nortel campus.

You have to call in advance (same day is often good) and then go pick it up yourself. They aren't vacuum sealed so don't expect them to last as long as the ones purchased at the store. The guy told me that the bag is meant to be eaten in a few days or they start to go stale.

They are also super nice. Half the time I've gone to pick up ends for myself and often friends and family, they also throw in a few sticks of varying favors for free.

The price might differ now, as I haven't gone in a few years. It isn't nearly as convenient for me to make it down to that area during normal business hours to pick them up.

YCB
02-25-2009, 12:56 PM
You could also try www.bigjohnsbeefjerky.com :thumbsup:

Frostiex
02-25-2009, 12:56 PM
I tried calling the number at their website because it states they will be selling online...but apprently, somone hacked their website and they never meant to sell them from their web store.

BTW, I tried the ones from Longview on a drive by, they are good, but not that good. I still like the big chief stuff better.

I have also tried BigJohns from the states, they are better than the ones from long view imo.

CubicleGeek: What number are you talking about and how do I get in touch with them?

EK 2.0
02-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

http://www.longviewjerkyshop.com/store/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=17&cat=WORLD+FAMOUS+LONGVIEW+STYLE+JERKY

Interesting how they took a staple of Pioneers and Settlers and then made all their flavours Asian Inspired hahaha...

2002civic
02-25-2009, 01:07 PM
How much to ship it to calgary approx?

Originally posted by 89coupe
If you want the best jerky in the world, IMO of course, I suggest you try this. And FYI, its not the LongView jerky you see in Safeway and COOP. Completely different!

livinlarge89
02-25-2009, 01:12 PM
The jerky from i think the foothills butchery in High River is my favorite, 10 dollars for a half pound and its real beef jerky, not pressed into the flat pieces or sheets, its more like actual strands.

Edit: I've had the popular longview jerky and it's nowhere near as good as from high river, plus they have really great steaks etc for way cheaper than anywhere Ive seen in Calgary.

hampstor
02-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
big chief is terrible. they used processed beef rather than real strips of beef.

I fail to see how this is terrible, it still tastes oh so good. Don't try the 'nutritional value' line, this is beef jerky we're talking about after all. :rofl: It's all about taste.

Originally posted by Frostiex
What number are you talking about and how do I get in touch with them?

Found their contact info:

BIG CHIEF MEAT SNACKS INC.
3900 52 Avenue NE
Calgary, Alberta Canada T3J 3X4

Tel: (403) 264-2641
Fax: (403) 262-9053

E-mail: [email protected]

Additionally, I do like the beef jerky occasionally from the airdrie butchershoppe on mainstreet. I find it's hit/miss. Sometimes it's really really dry, and sometimes just slightly moist and juicy.

Frostiex
02-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

I fail to see how this is terrible, it still tastes oh so good. Don't try the 'nutritional value' line, this is beef jerky we're talking about after all. :rofl: It's all about taste.

Found their contact info:

BIG CHIEF MEAT SNACKS INC.
3900 52 Avenue NE
Calgary, Alberta Canada T3J 3X4

Tel: (403) 264-2641
Fax: (403) 262-9053

E-mail: [email protected]

Additionally, I do like the beef jerky occasionally from the airdrie butchershoppe on mainstreet. I find it's hit/miss. Sometimes it's really really dry, and sometimes just slightly moist and juicy.

Unfortunately, that is the number I tried and they told me they don't sell to the public and told me to try their distributor:

direct plus food group.

However, it looks like these guys sells only to the retailers and not to the public. =(

ExtraSlow
02-25-2009, 02:21 PM
The GTI in Caroline AB has some tasty jerky. No idea where they get it from. Probably some inbread hillbilly out around there.

CubicleGeek
02-25-2009, 02:22 PM
I know that they do not sell the boxes of product meant to be shipped to distributors but did you ask if you can buy ends? But that definitely is the number.

I'll be surprised if they don't do it anymore as I purchased ends from them for a good decade, right up until I changed employment making it virtually impossible for me to get down there mon-fri.

dannie
02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
The best beef jerky is from a butcher in Bonnyville, Alberta. I know it sounds retarded. But, my family, friends and my staff all give me cash when I go up there to buy it. It's made in the butcher store every Tues. The store is called Hamels Meat Market.

I know it is quite a ways away, but its so good.

theken
02-25-2009, 05:50 PM
black diamond and turner valley both have good jerky, i also really like big chief, even though it is the worst for you, i like the old dutch shit stick too, delicious, greasy and makes you shit. If you run into an old dutch pickup truck, like the guys selling, they will sell you a box (most likely) of the big chief or old dutch for around $40