PDA

View Full Version : A1 Traffic Defense

ACACE
02-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Hey guys/gals

I was faced with a ticket for a roll stop at a intersection recently and I know I may have not stoped for the full 3 sec so they ticketed me $285. I ended up Google for a traffic lawyer that may be able to give me a hand and quoted a few places but had not luck reaching allot of them and ended up going with A1 Traffic Deffence a guy named Ron, he told me he was going to try to change the ticket and cut the price in half so it wouldnt show up on my record as running a stop sign, he made it sound like he was doing me a great deal and that I dont even have to meet him and just fax him a copy of my ticket, provide him my credit card info and it would have costed me $270. So I did right away that day at work. The next 2 days I did a random check on my acct and noticed that there was the debit for the payment made already when it was still 3 weeks till my court date.
I ended up finding another place that was cheaper and requested a refund on the case. He told me he had done the paper work and should leave it in his hands but I mentioned with the econmy I was hoping to save a few dollars and that it wasnt even close to the court date yet. We argued for a while as to my understanding there is little to no paper work that is required, he debited my acct when the matter was not even solved yet, no goods and services was met and he was only willing to give me back half of my money. I was furious but to keep myself sane I told him never again would I go to him or would I recommend him and went ahead with getting half of my money back.

I understand that even when you go to a laywer they will charge on a hourly basis but in this case I didnt even meet the guy and there is no policy stating he can do that debiting my credit card ahead of time without my concent and prior to recieving any goods and services. I would have filed a complaint through my Mastercard but it would have been allot of hassel that I dont have time for, that is why I have resoluted to letting everyone know about this. Hope this helps others understand better how this company operates their business.

rumeo
02-25-2009, 01:08 PM
You should have just stuck with them, they do great work

sputnik
02-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Why would you hire a lawyer for a $285 ticket?

Ticket lawyers are for people whos ticket could end up costing them thousands in fines and increased insurance premiums.

asfjasljj
02-25-2009, 01:14 PM
haha thanks for the heads up ac lol

scat19
02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Why would you hire a lawyer for a $285 ticket?

Ticket lawyers are for people whos ticket could end up costing them thousands in fines and increased insurance premiums.

What are you saying? He is fighting it so it wouldn't show on his record.

I have fought many cheaper tickets than 285, but it saves me on insurance.

Pointts FTW

Zero102
02-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Usually you pay more than the ticket up front but save on the insurance hikes, that is why most people are hiring these companies to fight the tickets.

Once you contracted them to fight the ticket there was likely some administrative overhead on their end, and while it seems inflated for them to keep half the cost to cover that keep in mind what lawyers can make. You hired somebody to do a job, let them take a couple days to get started, then hired somebody else and are pissed that you can't get your money back from the first guy... I am sorry but you kind of made your own problem here. If you were so concerned about the cost and felt that you had all this time until the court date you should have shopped around before agreeing to any one company.

They charged your card early because they probably opened up their own file for you and did some paperwork to get ready to fight your ticket.

mr2mike
02-25-2009, 02:17 PM
^^^what he said.

Think of it as a deposit so you would stick with him. You went elsewhere, so he has every right to take that "deposit".

HHURICANE1
02-25-2009, 03:10 PM
It's called a retainer and like nearly every other law firm or service they want it to "retain" their services. It means that you agree to their representing you. Never give anyone money thinking you are entitled to a refund if you change your mind. The whole world isn't Wal-mart and not everyone gives a refund. If you aren't sure you want the service or product you are putting your money down for, hold on to you money.

Masked Bandit
02-25-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't think A1 did anything wrong. You asked for a service, agreed on the price and asked him to start the work. Maybe next time you should check around BEFORE asking someone to start the work.

ercchry
02-25-2009, 03:24 PM
people that hire these fools for shit like this are insane to think they will get you a better deal then just doing it yourself, the only time it makes sense is if you are going to lose more money for not working a morning then the cost of the ticket

anyone can walk in and talk to the jp and get tickets cut in half and changed to a non-moving violation without even saying a word

urban.one
02-25-2009, 03:29 PM
whats the problem here?

-you contacted them for a service
-they told you the cost of the service
-you AGREED and gave them your credit card number and expiry date. if you didnt agree to the price and the charge, woudlnt you have hung up and called elsewhere rather than giving them your credit card info?

Originally posted by ACACE
Hey guys/gals

I was faced with a ticket for a roll stop at a intersection recently and I know I may have not stoped for the full 3 sec so they ticketed me $285. I ended up Google for a traffic lawyer that may be able to give me a hand and quoted a few places but had not luck reaching allot of them and ended up going with A1 Traffic Deffence a guy named Ron, he told me he was going to try to change the ticket and cut the price in half so it wouldnt show up on my record as running a stop sign, he made it sound like he was doing me a great deal and that I dont even have to meet him and just fax him a copy of my ticket, provide him my credit card info and it would have costed me $270. So I did right away that day at work. The next 2 days I did a random check on my acct and noticed that there was the debit for the payment made already when it was still 3 weeks till my court date.
I ended up finding another place that was cheaper and requested a refund on the case. He told me he had done the paper work and should leave it in his hands but I mentioned with the econmy I was hoping to save a few dollars and that it wasnt even close to the court date yet. We argued for a while as to my understanding there is little to no paper work that is required, he debited my acct when the matter was not even solved yet, no goods and services was met and he was only willing to give me back half of my money. I was furious but to keep myself sane I told him never again would I go to him or would I recommend him and went ahead with getting half of my money back.

I understand that even when you go to a laywer they will charge on a hourly basis but in this case I didnt even meet the guy and there is no policy stating he can do that debiting my credit card ahead of time without my concent and prior to recieving any goods and services. I would have filed a complaint through my Mastercard but it would have been allot of hassel that I dont have time for, that is why I have resoluted to letting everyone know about this. Hope this helps others understand better how this company operates their business.

ACACE
02-25-2009, 03:30 PM
All I understand is they open a empty file and throw the yellow paper in there, what else do they do?? Why do these so called laywers get the right to charge you ahead of time when they so call just open a file for you??
I work at a bank as a lender and new clients come in everyday asking us to help them consolidate there debt and help with there problems. We sit with the clients and listen to them, open a so called file and do our work to try to get the client out of there problems.. they may go to another financial insitution and be approved for more money as policies may be different.. well what are we to say when we go through all the work from begining to end and they say sorry the other bank can do better? Well I guess the goods and services couldnt be met by us and we cannot get their business but it dosent give us the right to charge the client for services they decide to back out on. I mean this is just a comparison of course its not the same. Gouging is gouging we all know consulting lawyers will charge, I asked Ron if he has this written in his policy and he didnt.. I could have went further with this matter in suing him back for taking my money without my signature and concent until the matter was resoluted!

Im glad some of you had a good experience and he helped you out with your cases but my point is that all the other traffic defense Ive checked with take down your payment info but will charge you after they come telling you what your options are and if you agree with the terms or if you want to pursue otherwise.
Its not fair to ppl that dont have the money to play a rich mans game in the court house so how is it fair that I decided to not use him 3 days after I contacted him?

w_man
02-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Meeh .. I dont think A1 did anything wrong. I think it's up to you to do your research before agreeing to pay someone. There's a difference between purchasing a 'service' compared to a 'product' from a retail store with 100% refund for 14 days etc.

Should have just stuck with them. I have never used A1 but have used Points and they charge full amount up front as well. Their prices are rediculous but they get the job done so :dunno:

TorqueDog
02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
A1 was justified in their actions. No matter who you go with, A1, POINTTS, whoever, they will all ask for payment up front.

Mods, can we get the title of this thread changed so this asshat doesn't discredit a business that did absolutely NOTHING wrong?

GQBalla
02-25-2009, 03:42 PM
OP
this is how traffic defence lawyers work.

they charge you right away and you sit back and wait to hear from them whether you lost or won.

ACACE
02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
This thread was just my own experience and I know if I was to use my time to argue with Beyonders I mind as well use my time to give A1 another piece of my mind. I dont normally post anything or say anything on beyond but if this dosent help anyone then my appologies. This was just out of gesture to let ppl know and not necessary asking for agreement as I have my matter in good hands now.
Thanks guys for your feedback and I will be careful when dealing with them later on, I take this as a learning experience :thumbsup:

Have a great day guys have to get back to work :burnout:

revelations
02-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Mods, can we get the title of this thread changed so this asshat doesn't discredit a business that did absolutely NOTHING wrong?

:werd:

Generic
02-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
OP
this is how traffic defence lawyers work.

they charge you right away and you sit back and wait to hear from them whether you lost or won.

exactly. i'm awaiting to hear my results now actually.

kolumbo69
02-26-2009, 02:02 AM
OP: Wow your such a donkey, what did you expect. You wanted a service inturn you payed for that service than wanted your money because you didn't do any of the hard work by calling around.

But instead you bash a company that in my experince is cheaper than most and does better work than anyone else out there because you got your peepee slapped.:thumbsdow

I hope the mods close this thread to save you face in how much of an ass shit you are! :facepalm:

urban.one
02-26-2009, 08:57 AM
id guess these guys charge upfront cuz i) you gotta pay regardless win or lose and it would be harder to collect once youve lost and ii) i suspect they probably deal with a lot of dead beats

chkolny541
02-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
A1 was justified in their actions. No matter who you go with, A1, POINTTS, whoever, they will all ask for payment up front.

Mods, can we get the title of this thread changed so this asshat doesn't discredit a business that did absolutely NOTHING wrong? :werd: :werd:

ACACE
02-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Well just an FYI im going through Michael Nadeau and he is awsome, charging quarter of the price and does not request payment until the matter is delt at the court, so for some beyonders that are bashing me maybe this is something you can pick up from. Like I said this is for others that may help them save a few bucks.
Maybe ppl here should understand my point is that these ppl are so called laywers but they were previously cops, getting too old and know traffic law thinking they can take another route to gouge a income. In the end my whole 5min conversation with A1 no where in there did he say he was taking my money first or when I asked him did he have any policy stating he had the right to do so and said he didnt.
Thanks to some beyonders for understanding and if some read my posts and take it that is no use, than yes MOD pls close the thread.

zorb1
02-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by ACACE
Well just an FYI im going through Michael Nadeau and he is awsome, charging quarter of the price and does not request payment until the matter is delt at the court, so for some beyonders that are bashing me maybe this is something you can pick up from. Like I said this is for others that may help them save a few bucks.
Maybe ppl here should understand my point is that these ppl are so called laywers but they were previously cops, getting too old and know traffic law thinking they can take another route to gouge a income. In the end my whole 5min conversation with A1 no where in there did he say he was taking my money first or when I asked him did he have any policy stating he had the right to do so and said he didnt.
Thanks to some beyonders for understanding and if some read my posts and take it that is no use, than yes MOD pls close the thread.

Nadeau is great, a few friends have gone through him even my father..originally we tried to go with points but they were charing arm/leg, Nadeau worked great.

ACACE
02-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by zorb1

Nadeau is great, a few friends have gone through him even my father..originally we tried to go with points but they were charing arm/leg, Nadeau worked great.

Thank you and anyone who has gone through Nadaue will know what I mean and what the great difference in great service they are able to provide and the reasoning behind my opinion.

freezuch
03-09-2009, 12:33 PM
What's his phone number? I tried to google his name, but nothing relevant had come out.

w_man
03-10-2009, 10:09 AM
+1 for contact info.