PDA

View Full Version : U2 - No Line On The Horizon

Neil4Speed
02-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Anyone heard this album yet? It seems to be getting some amazing reviews by critics, but for me it is pretty average, placing maybe even lower than HTDATB.

Rolling stone called it the Auchtug Baby of 2009 and awarded it 5/5 Stars! Joshua Tree and Auchtug baby got 4 and 4.5 stars respectively.

One track is absolutely phenomenal, aptly named "Magnificent"

schmooot
02-25-2009, 02:19 PM
I've heard the get off your boots single on the radio and its horrible. I think U2 is washed up and should have stopped making music years ago

nonlinear
02-25-2009, 04:02 PM
yea, i never liked U2, even back in the 80s and 90s when they were at the top of their game. i've just thought their music sounded just so... poppy and cheesy and stupid haha.

saw them on the grammys they other night and they seemed so dumb.

zachattack54
02-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by schmooot
I've heard the get off your boots single on the radio and its horrible. I think U2 is washed up and should have stopped making music years ago

:thumbsup: 1

JRSC00LUDE
02-25-2009, 05:18 PM
U2 is gayer than a 3 dollar bill folded into the shape of a dick and inserted up the ass of the guy marching lead in the gay pride parade. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

three.eighteen.
02-25-2009, 09:17 PM
u2 has been garbage since the late 80s...i fucking hate bono and everything his pretentious ass stands for

mark4091
02-25-2009, 11:31 PM
If I wasn't lazy I'd quote this whole page with a :thumbsup: .

Neil4Speed
02-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Um, okay, so not too many U2 Fans on beyond.ca

Their last two albums were pretty good, well received as well. All That You Can't Leave Behind won seven Grammy Awards in two years. It is the only album ever to have two singles win "Record of the Year" in two consecutive years. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb and its singles won all eight Grammy Awards for which they were nominated.

Get on your boots is a pretty homo track though.

sevewone
02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
placing maybe even lower than HTDATB.

I heard the album was good to, I want to hear it as well! got a question though whats htdatb?

thrasher22
02-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by sevewone

I heard the album was good to, I want to hear it as well! got a question though whats htdatb?

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

I don't hate U2, but unless the rest of the album is vastly different than the singles, they're just so... "meh".
When I make a joke about becoming a boring yuppie, it usually involves a reference to buying a bunch of U2 cds.

I'm glad they're popular though, I'd rather haveU2 top the charts than retarded pop like Britney or 50 cent :dunno: