PDA

View Full Version : Are there any microwaves on campus other than Mac Hall?

buh_buh
02-26-2009, 02:16 PM
I hate eating my lunch cold, but what I hate even more is walking all the way down from SS all the way to Mac Hall just to eat lunch, then walk all the way back to find a desk to study at. Who knows where?

Cy2k1
02-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Family Mart in ICT?

Neil4Speed
02-26-2009, 02:20 PM
I am not to sure, but I think there is one near Science Theaters near Upper Crust. Check around there? If your in SS, you should join a club that is in SS, they usually have microwaves, do some exploring around, I think there is one on the 4th Floor.

Gainsbarre
02-26-2009, 02:27 PM
There was one in Scurfield Hall on the third floor where that cafeteria is (beside what's known as the "Shell Forum"), back when I practically lived in that building from 2003-2005. There are plenty of tables/chairs nearby as well.

Spoons
02-26-2009, 02:31 PM
There is a couple in Murray Fraiser Hall upstairs.

oilerfan4lyfe
02-27-2009, 10:28 AM
There are several in ICT in the supposed grad lounges on the upper floors...no one ever uses them so you can always just go there, warm up your food and go back...it's not that close for ya but you also won't have to worry about lineups

hrdkore
02-27-2009, 11:05 AM
well heat up ur lunch before going to SS..

yes ICT grad floors have microwaves.. they those bums.. are dirty.. they dont even clean the microwaves.. hopefully they've cleaned them up since u of c cleaning staff are required to clean the microwaves hah

Nusc
02-27-2009, 11:49 AM
You can go to the physics club which is in the basement of ST.

There is also one in the math club in third floor math sciences.

I don't think people in the physics club would care if you used their microwave but you may not be so lucky with the math club.

zorb1
02-27-2009, 01:12 PM
the Bio students association has one, BSA, hallway of SA and ST :P just go in and use it

buh_buh
02-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by hrdkore
well heat up ur lunch before going to SS..
I park near the train station, so youre suggesting I should heat my lunch when I get to school, go to class for 3 hours, then eat it after class so I can save a walk from SS->Mac Hall->SS? I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll just scam one from some club it looks like near SS if this whole 3 hour wait thing doesn't work out for me.

Team_Mclaren
02-27-2009, 02:01 PM
gtfo and get lunch elsewhere!!;) :rofl: :rofl:

or better yet, as i have always suggest, dont go to class/school

chkolny541
02-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
There is a couple in Murray Fraiser Hall upstairs.

srsly? he might as well walk to mac hall:facepalm:

Nusc
02-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I park near the train station, so youre suggesting I should heat my lunch when I get to school, go to class for 3 hours, then eat it after class so I can save a walk from SS->Mac Hall->SS? I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll just scam one from some club it looks like near SS if this whole 3 hour wait thing doesn't work out for me.

The physics club is the closest.

Nusc
02-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

The physics club is the closest.

sdiep
03-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey, sorry to jump on your thread, but anyone know of anywhere to get hot water at the University to fill my thermos up with it?

vinc456
03-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by sdiep
Hey, sorry to jump on your thread, but anyone know of anywhere to get hot water at the University to fill my thermos up with it?

I think there's a hot water dispenser (anybody know what it's actually called?) in the Family Mart within ICT. It's supposed to be for customers only.

sdiep
03-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by vinc456

I think there's a hot water dispenser (anybody know what it's actually called?) in the Family Mart within ICT. It's supposed to be for customers only.

Oh, thanks for the info!

zorb1
03-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by vinc456

Timmies in MFH, just go there when its not busy and ask one of the ladies for some hot water, they're usually really cool

suen_boi
03-04-2009, 03:14 PM
There's a hot water tap on the coffee machine in The Stör.

CKY
03-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Anyone know when they close the gates to the Mac Hall microwaves?