PDA

View Full Version : LF: iPhone with Contract

IPI
02-27-2009, 06:54 PM
I am planning to get an iPhone with fido / rogers (i prefer fido). Some people suggested to get a good / cheap plan with fido or rogers and then use the sim card, however i have to use the wifi on the iPhone not the data because the cost will be crazy.

I am starting to look, so if you have any advice on where to get a good deal, or what combination of plan/phone to use, please let me know.

I am ok with committing on a 3yr contract as long as it is worth commiting for 3yrs :thumbsup:

If you have such a plan and want to transfer it, that is also welcomed.

Thanks,
IPI

bluetek
02-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Just wanted to let you know I am pretty sure going forward Fido will not carry the iPhone due to that new low cost plan initiative they introduced. This is what ive heard anyway so you might need to start looking into Rogers exclusively.

IPI
02-27-2009, 07:06 PM
So this means they will no longer support iPhone? what if i get a deal on a 3yr contract, don't they have to provide the service until the end of the contract?

with rogers they charge for 911 fee & access fee and their plan is more expensive than fido :confused:

bluetek
02-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Yup if you have a pre exisiting contract with Fido they will honor it for whatever the duration is I believe. The good thing about Fido is per second billing as well.

I am pretty sure they no longer do the iphone unless different stores vary which I dont think so, you might be out of luck on that one. Best bet is to call to see.

edit: I just looked on the fido website and its still available to buy as far as I can see. Under plans though it didnt show an dataplans.

IPI
02-27-2009, 07:20 PM
I was in a Fido store, they all have it. At least for now :thumbsup:

IPI
03-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Still looking for a good deal :burnout: BUMP :D

IPI
03-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Based on what i have found so far an iPhone with no data plan is simply an iPod Touch! So i am looking for iPhone + Contract (data included).

I was down in BC last week, it seems that they get their plan with 6GB data package for $75 including all the other usual minutes & text & visual voice mail.

Is it possible to go down there and get the iPhone and plan based on their rate? Do you have to be resident of BC to get those deals? (i regularly visit Vancouver, so next time i am down there, i'll check it out).

Can anyone who works at rogers or fido confirm that ? Also the fact that their prices are that different than what we have in Calgary?

Appreciated,
IPI

IPI
03-31-2009, 12:14 PM
bump.