PDA

View Full Version : F%$#ing Computer

accordboi_02
10-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Alright, here's a weird one:

I think my keyboard ps2 port is dead, but the mouse one works.
firstly, is this possible??
secondly, i want to reinstall xp pro, but I need to get into by bios to change the startup sequence so i can load it up from my cd-rom... my keyboard and mouse run through USB, but those ports don't power up until AFTER I've missed my chance to enter the bios... any ideas on what to do, or am I just fucked???

:dunno:

RC-Cola
10-13-2003, 10:59 AM
You might have killed your keyboard with a static shock which also might have killed your PS2 port. If your PS2 port is toast it's time to buy a new motherboard because there is nothing you can do to fix it.

I'm not too sure about your USB ports, I thought they should power up at the same time as everything else. I know many people who run keyboards through their USB ports and they have no problems getting into their BIOS.

Perhaps try a different keyboard if you have a spare, or get USB to PS2 adapter to see if it corrects the problem...

accordboi_02
10-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Keyboard works fine, i have logitech wireless mouse & keyboard.
I dunno why, but it won't let me enter the bios though when i start up. When i run the wireless through the ps2 port, the mouse works, but the KB doesn't.
when I run it through the USB port, both work fine.