PDA

View Full Version : Oh the idiots that buy Caliber SRT-4's....

MidnightSpecial
02-28-2009, 11:01 PM
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11133

Because it's worth it to possibly kill someone to prove you are boss.

Barking_Spidre
02-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Wow, tapping his bumper while going 70+ mph, that's fucken crazy!

sevewone
02-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by MidnightSpecial
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11133

Because it's worth it to possibly kill someone to prove you are boss.

If you could explain to me how you can kill someone by tapping there bumper while driving, I would be greatly interested.

Kloubek
02-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Pit maneuver? :)

schocker
02-28-2009, 11:48 PM
i like how they are figuring their mini turbocharged caravans are gods gift to man :rofl:

MidnightSpecial
03-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by sevewone

If you could explain to me how you can kill someone by tapping there bumper while driving, I would be greatly interested.

Well, you have an untrained asshole doing this at over 100km/h on a crappy highway. A few too many variable to pull a stunt like that.

Zero102
03-01-2009, 12:48 AM

Yeah, at 70+mph if he turned his wheel at all while pushing him forward (or if he was at all mis-aligned) he could pull the back end of the other car to one side or the other and the driver in front could lose control, veer into a ditch and roll end over end. Accidents like that at those speeds would typically be fatal.

Don't "tap" other people's cars, not at 70+ mph, not ever.

sidewaysD
03-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Okay..

i was watching this show.. it was a police show..

FWD honda civic versus a Crown Vic.

Honda exceeding 80KM per hour, Police try many things to stop him.

They Tap him in the butt and nothing happened... Now.. normally i would think, it would offset the civics balance and cause him to loose control.. but nothing...

On a RWD car.. that would cause the car to fish tail or go into a skid... But how did this civic not get effected by a tap?

No matter where the wheel is pointed...

i could not really tell from those Police chase cams to see if the Civics wheels where cocked .... but the civic did a quick lane change, then the cop tapped him..

Weird....

psycoticclown
03-01-2009, 01:53 AM

:facepalm:

chkolny541
03-01-2009, 01:54 AM
i would still rather have the ss

Canmorite
03-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Saw a douche in one of these on 17th ave weaving between lanes to get ahead of traffic. Unreal :facepalm:

corsvette
03-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I doubt it was a turbo ss he was racing,likely a supercharged model.

Mibz
03-01-2009, 11:44 AM
I thought I was used to idiots after driving an NSRT-4 for 2 years, but shit. 90% of the people in there are telling the guy "Good job" for doing that. One guy called the OP out on being retarded and how he gives CSRT-4 owners a bad name, so they gang up on him for acting holier than thou. The OP then defends himself by saying "The Cobalt guy called my car a piece of shit" like he HAS to defend his honour or something. Fuck. I would rather sell my car than be a part of that community.

atgilchrist
03-01-2009, 12:09 PM
^ Or not buy one to start with.

rp_guy
03-01-2009, 03:31 PM
coles notes? i can't access the site

heavyD
03-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I thought I was used to idiots after driving an NSRT-4 for 2 years, but shit. 90% of the people in there are telling the guy "Good job" for doing that. One guy called the OP out on being retarded and how he gives CSRT-4 owners a bad name, so they gang up on him for acting holier than thou. The OP then defends himself by saying "The Cobalt guy called my car a piece of shit" like he HAS to defend his honour or something. Fuck. I would rather sell my car than be a part of that community.

IMO the worst part of owning a NSRT-4 was the community. So immature.:thumbsdow

GQBalla
03-01-2009, 04:16 PM
site seems to be down -
what happened btw?

InLoveWitRSX
03-01-2009, 04:55 PM
dude was racing a cobalt and he got close to his ass at 70mph and tapped the cobalts bumper.

Prior to the race the cobalt called his car a pos.

Yeah and I like how no one really noticed the "tap on the bumper" part.... like who the fuck does that?

psycoticclown
03-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Some dude was ripping down I95 or some highway at 85mph, some SS is riding his ass and so he signals to the Cobalt to move over and they do a couple of races where the CSRT4 wins. The dude than pulls into a gas station to get his morning bagel and coffee and Cobalt dude follows him in and calls his care a POS whereupon CSRT4 guy gets all sadface and tells the Cobalt guy that his car isn't. Cobalt guy challenges him to another race back on the highway and they go at it again. This time, CSRT4 guy wins again and decides to tailgate Cobalt dude like mad and decides that since the CSRT4 is sooooooooo much quicker, he taps the Cobalt's dudes bumper going at like 70mph, said there was no damage and it was perfectly safe.

All the guys on the forum were telling him he was the shit and everything, one guy called him a dumbass and basically, it turned into everybody bashing the guy for being holier than thou :nut:

HiSpec
03-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX
dude was racing a cobalt and he got close to his ass at 70mph and tapped the cobalts bumper.

Prior to the race the cobalt called his car a pos.

Yeah and I like how no one really noticed the "tap on the bumper" part.... like who the fuck does that?

I've (when I was younger back in the days) been a passenger while a friend (from HK) was mine was racing around Vancouver. He was used to racing with "tapping" allowed in HK, and he did not know this was not a racing-custom in North American society. Boy that race got ugly real fast.

scat19
03-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Tapping is so stupid. Goes along with the dont touch another guys car rule.

GOnSHO
03-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by corsvette

QFT..

stock SS/TC's run high 13's... and there is no interceptor out for it yet..

which is what he was "playing" with during the race..

so it was a SS/SC and prolly pretty much stock, a stage 2 SS/SC is still running low 14's..

/info post

guy is a douche for getting ANYWHERE near dudes bumper at 70 MPH..

alloroc
03-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Both drivers are pieces of shit - and so are the cars.

I give the cars maybe two three years tops before they need a rebuild (if they aren't written off in a ditch first)

alloroc
03-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Thread is closed but not before a member called SLICK posted this gem ...

This is the biggest c0cktail of concocted fantasy e-macho cheese weiner youtube, fast 'n furious, spike tv ricer channel inspired bullshiit I have ever heard on this forum.

Congratulations! This is the stuff that fartcanned yellow ground effected mush mouthed ricer dreams are made of.

Could you have at least included the happy ending where you got the chick and became a hero among your "peers"?

xLostx
03-02-2009, 11:14 AM
SRT-444444444444444

YamahaV8
03-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by corsvette

:werd:

Eleanor
03-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Got back on the e-way doing about 70mph and I notice he punched it. Of course I punched as well and rode his donkey so much that I gave him a friendly tap on his rear bumper... LMAO Good ol' 70mph "friendly taps" :rolleyes:

r3ccOs
03-02-2009, 11:30 AM
retard

However man, those Cobalt SS's and SRT-4s are such good value for dollar...

The SS is leaps and bounds ahead when it comes down to handling and traction but for a family compact, you can get into one for like $23K loaded with all the incentives coming down the way..

Darkane
03-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Rubbing is Racing.

Que Days of Thunder opening song.

Destinova403
03-02-2009, 12:34 PM
i cant believe someone would actually do that...

where was darwin when we needed him

Eleanor
03-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Que Days of Thunder opening song. Cue? :D

Darkane
03-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Rubbing is Racing.

Cue Days of Thunder opening song.
:D

kylejw
03-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Anybody else think its hilarious how they change 'ass' to 'donkey' over there so the guy kept saying 'riding my donkey' ?

:rofl:

shin0bi
03-03-2009, 04:36 PM
"and I notice in my rear view mirror a car just riding my freaking donkey..."

:facepalm:

And I guarantee that if it was a turbocharged Cobalt, it would have won.

Stealth22
03-04-2009, 01:57 AM
At first I thought that was a 'claw' sticker on his back window, but zoomed the picture and saw it wasn't, thankfully. :rolleyes:

Third last post:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11133&page=3

Hmm..I wonder if Michigan has any street racing laws...Beyond CSI anyone?? ;) :rofl:

rizfarmer
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
WOW! I have never heard someone substitute donkey for ass in that context. most astonishing