PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of AMS Coming to Alberta :)

Go_Lancer_Go
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
So for those who have not heard of AMS. Check out http://www.amsperformance.com/ and on the main page you'll see some of the cool stuff this company is capable of! Also anyone who owns a EVO and goes onto Evom should know that this company is high quality!

Anyways, to the chase... I've been always seeing how AMS goes around the states and visits cities and does a tuning event for a couple days. Now we all know Canada doesnt have the greatest tuners around here. So i thought i'd see if they would be interested in coming here and obviously since im making this thread...THEY ARE !!! :)

Now you dont have to be a EVO to participate, AMS said if you have software and need a tune, chances are they can tune it. If you goto there website you will also see how they do specialize in other vehicles.

Nothing is written in stone yet, but im going to see if we can use Lightspeed Innovations dyno in Red Deer b/c
#1 - its half way in between Edmonton and Calgary
#2 - Lightspeed is a AMS Dealer

Now we need a minimum of around 7 people *SERIOUS PEOPLE ONLY*
if there turns out to be more then 7, it'll be a 2 day event.
Now b/c this was originally planned for EVO's, I only have pricing for EVO's.

EVO 8/9 - $395 and he's using ECU Flash
EVO X - $700 and it's expensive b/c he's using ECU-Tek

This doesnt include any fees lightspeed may charge (hopefully not cause its good exposure)

If there are ANY questions @ all, please post em and i'll either e-mail him OR he said he'll join the forum and reply. I still have to work on everything but i wanted to see the interest this may get!

I am posting this on many local forums to gain for interest :)

googe
03-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Go_Lancer_Go

This doesnt include any fees lightspeed may charge (hopefully not cause its good exposure)

Expecting charity work in today's economy might be a little much. Running a shop isn't cheap, and neither are AWD dynos.

Go_Lancer_Go
03-03-2009, 10:48 AM
that's fine... how about you leave that up to Cam and I to discuss... if he charges that's fine too :)

Neons4life
03-03-2009, 11:42 AM
This would be great...and maybe they can bring some parts up with them that way I don't have to pay for any shipping/duty taxes? haha

What systems do they tune with? Open source, EcuTek, Cobb, Hydra, etc... Or atleast what do they specialize in?

What would be the rough price for an 05 STI running Speed Density?

Are there not any roller type AWD dyno's? The dyno at Lightspeed is a hub dyno which I don't care much for.

Is there a tentative date they are coming? My car will need to be tuned very shortly as it's almost finally done.

googe
03-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Go_Lancer_Go
that's fine... how about you leave that up to Cam and I to discuss... if he charges that's fine too :)

Sure, I've just been around long enough to know that if someone comes on here getting people's hopes up with free dyno runs without approval from the guy they volunteered, a shitstorm ensues.

Go_Lancer_Go
03-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Neons4life
This would be great...and maybe they can bring some parts up with them that way I don't have to pay for any shipping/duty taxes? haha

What systems do they tune with? Open source, EcuTek, Cobb, Hydra, etc... Or atleast what do they specialize in?

What would be the rough price for an 05 STI running Speed Density?

Are there not any roller type AWD dyno's? The dyno at Lightspeed is a hub dyno which I don't care much for.

Is there a tentative date they are coming? My car will need to be tuned very shortly as it's almost finally done.

well, for evo's i listed what they use. I will ask about STI's and also about speed density. We were looking @ June/July.

Originally posted by googe

Sure, I've just been around long enough to know that if someone comes on here getting people's hopes up with free dyno runs without approval from the guy they volunteered, a shitstorm ensues.

No i hear ya! :) I appreciate the heads up! I havent worked out anything as of yet, only w/ AMS. I wanna see interest first before working on the other part.

I too am wondering about other AWD Dyno's in ALBERTA

Neons4life
03-03-2009, 01:10 PM
You would think that with all the AWD cars running around now there should be more options for an AWD dyno. Especially in Calgary.
I don't really care to road tune as ripping up and down the highways is not the best option or most safe.

962 kid
03-03-2009, 02:27 PM
If this happens, I'll be down 100%. AMS are premium, and I'd love to have them breathe on my galant. Ask them if they'd like to do some back to back testing with their VSR intake manifold ;)

962 kid
03-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Just a thought, but you should put this up on calgarydsm.com I bet there would be a lot of interest on there. Like i said though, I'm down 100%

xPRimNT
03-03-2009, 11:38 PM
As I mentioned on 780, if AMS tunes my X with ECUFlash, I'm in.

I'm not done modding, so I need the ability to adjust things myself.

Redlyne_jr
03-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Im in 100% put my name on the list....

built 3s with a standalone? can they do it haha

silviaformulaD
03-05-2009, 05:18 PM
do they do any tunning on skyline's I'm planning on going to red deer to use there dyno around then.

95EagleAWD
03-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Like I said on 780, I'm up for it 100%, regardless of how much Cam wants for use of his dyno.

Go_Lancer_Go
03-05-2009, 10:39 PM
i talked to him and he said, if there are questions to direct them to

[email protected]

on a side note, i was told i may have issues w/ using cam's awd dyno cause there is alot of prep time taking on and off and cam apparently doesnt like more then a certain # in a day...

any other AWD dyno's incase this doesnt go through?

962 kid
03-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Riegel tuning has an AWD dyno in Calgary, and I'm pretty sure there's a shop in edmonton that has one. If not, I have a VCE lying around ;)

Seems a little pathetic that spending an hour (if that) between runs to switch a car is too much of a hassle though, especially considering that a) Lightspeed are distributors of AMS products, and b) AMS are willing to fly across the continent to do this. It'd be a shame to let something like this fall through simply because someone is feeling a little lazy, so I'm hoping that the info you heard about Cam is incorrect ;)

Go_Lancer_Go
03-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
Riegel tuning has an AWD dyno in Calgary, and I'm pretty sure there's a shop in edmonton that has one. If not, I have a VCE lying around ;)

Seems a little pathetic that spending an hour (if that) between runs to switch a car is too much of a hassle though, especially considering that a) Lightspeed are distributors of AMS products, and b) AMS are willing to fly across the continent to do this. It'd be a shame to let something like this fall through simply because someone is feeling a little lazy, so I'm hoping that the info you heard about Cam is incorrect ;)

me 2, wanna keep my options open!

Supa Dexta
03-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Didnt that shop go under that had the awd dyno in edm?

962 kid
03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
I think so, but I imagine another shop somewhere around town would have bought it. Kind of a PITA to move a dyno

95EagleAWD
03-06-2009, 12:56 AM
No one in Edmonton has an AWD dyno.

googe
03-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah it might be hard to do a dyno day with a hub-type dyno. Might wanna try spreading it over a long weekend and stagger everyone's appointment or something.

R154
03-07-2009, 11:04 PM
except calgary autowerks has an AWD dyno, and lawrence is a professionally trained tuner.

Lightspeed is still around.

Dr. Lightspeed
03-08-2009, 12:59 AM
People should actually call you and set this stuff up and the owner of the dyno should not have to find out on the internet. First calling all Canada tuners crap is a little insulting to me and many other tuners in Canada. Now that aside we are not lazy matter of fact we are very fast with the dyno 20 mins on and then 20mins off. Now a good tuner with proper cool downs is going to take 1 hour to 2 hours to properly dial in a car. Any faster and you might as well have bought a mail order reflash. That being said it is going to take a least a couple days to get through all those cars otherwise everyone is buying a canned tune. In other words without that time spent it is an ok tune but not a great tune. I will get ahold of Chris myself and sort this out. Next time someone plans something like this lets have a little organizeation not just some Post on the internet.

962 kid
03-08-2009, 09:16 AM
^ Good to hear Cam

Ron@Revolution
03-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Lightspeed
People should actually call you and set this stuff up and the owner of the dyno should not have to find out on the internet. First calling all Canada tuners crap is a little insulting to me and many other tuners in Canada. Now that aside we are not lazy matter of fact we are very fast with the dyno 20 mins on and then 20mins off. Now a good tuner with proper cool downs is going to take 1 hour to 2 hours to properly dial in a car. Any faster and you might as well have bought a mail order reflash. That being said it is going to take a least a couple days to get through all those cars otherwise everyone is buying a canned tune. In other words without that time spent it is an ok tune but not a great tune. I will get ahold of Chris myself and sort this out. Next time someone plans something like this lets have a little organizeation not just some Post on the internet.

I agree with cam and would put the 760Whp I put down against most other shops out there at 31Psi and no spray.

P.S Cam can you PM your email I think we need to talk! Thanks Ron

Freebs
03-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I would be all over this with my new Evo.. but I dont see me getting much more gains over the Stage 2+ I am using right now with the Cobb AP but I would still come and watch and learn what ever I could just by talking to the guys from AMS