PDA

View Full Version : back seats in a crx

403Gemini
10-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Anybody know how much it would cost?

Honda hasnt e mailed me back or called me back (those fuckers lol)

EK 2.0
10-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Call Andrew at Calgary Honda...he has a set in his CRX and knows where and how to get them...Tell him Arif sent you...

403Gemini
10-13-2003, 07:29 PM
sweet
its the main reason my parents dont want me to get 88crx's rex! pissing me off argh

EK 2.0
10-13-2003, 09:00 PM
Andrew has done the most extensive JDM conversion to his Rex...you have to have to have to call him...its such a boss car man...

88CRX
10-13-2003, 09:02 PM
which one is his? any pics?

link785
10-13-2003, 09:05 PM
"Added on" rear seats will not be DOT legal. If you ever get in an accident, whether it's your fault or not, anyone in the back will not be covered by insurance, and you may also face tickets / fines / blame because you had more people in the car than is allowed.

redx2nv
10-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey do realize or ever seen a seat in the back of a crx? unless your in a babyseat, there is no way in hell someone could actually sit back there reasonably.

403Gemini
10-13-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by redx2nv
Hey do realize or ever seen a seat in the back of a crx? unless your in a babyseat, there is no way in hell someone could actually sit back there reasonably.

i understand but i only drive 2 peeps TOPS around. so the 3rd person could take off their shoes and put their feet up. ill have windows tinted so it shouldnt be a problem

Originally posted by link785
"Added on" rear seats will not be DOT legal. If you ever get in an accident, whether it's your fault or not, anyone in the back will not be covered by insurance, and you may also face tickets / fines / blame because you had more people in the car than is allowed.

yea im sorta worried about this, and i know it doesnt matter how good of a driver you are, shit happens... but i usually drive REALLY slow with 2 other peeps cause usually the 3rd person is my (future) sister in law and i dont need her tellin her parents how bad of a driver i am heh :D

ryder_23
10-13-2003, 11:28 PM
so u will drive 4 or 5 people total in your car including urself????

why is it so important to be driving people around? i have a 5 seater including myself, and its a pain in the ass cause its, like take your car cause u can fit people, bla bla bla, i hate driving people around.

But backseat is good for the b^tchs :thumbsup:

403Gemini
10-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
so u will drive 4 or 5 people total in your car including urself????

why is it so important to be driving people around? i have a 5 seater including myself, and its a pain in the ass cause its, like take your car cause u can fit people, bla bla bla, i hate driving people around.

But backseat is good for the b^tchs :thumbsup:

oh hell no ill drive 3 people around tops (including myself)

me
fiance
and MAYBE 1 friend or if i hafta pick up fiances sister from something (wins points with the inlaws lol)

but all my other friends "nope sorry cant drive, only 2 seater" lol

jdmakkord
10-13-2003, 11:38 PM
Soo, when you rig up seats in the back, someone rearends you, and your passenger is either hurt or killed.....how do you plan on explaining yourself to the cops??? Not worth it imo.

CRX-R
10-13-2003, 11:39 PM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I had someone in the back of my last REX ONCE and ONCE only, my friend Bobby only weighs about 170-180, but with two of us in the front at about 400lbs and him in the back..... I bottomed out on everything, NEVER, NEVER again. I love the backseats in them for looks, but I wouldn't recommend actually putting anyone in them.

403Gemini
10-13-2003, 11:42 PM
Not looking to start shit:

but why is it legal to have seats in the japanese version but not the american versions?

:dunno: makes no sense to me

jdmakkord
10-13-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

but why is it legal to have seats in the japanese version but not the american versions?

Installed and tested by the factory. The Jap spec ones may have extra structural support, or proper fasteners, not your run of the mill home depot shit.

403Gemini
10-14-2003, 12:42 AM
what if you get them installed at a honda autobody shop? would it be considered certified then?

link785
10-14-2003, 12:46 AM

I'm not trying to flame ya or anything, but seriously man, think about this for a bit. If you have someone in the rear, and some drunk driver mother fucker hits you (runs a red light, rear ends you, anything that you couldn't possibly do a thing about), and that person gets hurt, you're looking at some serious shit.

First, you'll get a ticket / fine / part blame for the accident.

Second, you'll get dropped by your insurance company for what you allowed, more people than seat belts (doesn't matter if you installed a belt, insurance companies go by how many belts were in the car from factory).

Third, you won't be getting insured for cheap again anytime soon. (Look at spending around $10 000+ per year for basic insurance)

Fourth, the person who got hurt can sue you, and sue your insurance. You say a friend would never do that. You'd be surprised, if your friend can no longer walk, or has some semi-permanent injury, they WILL sue you, friend or not.

Fifth, if your friend were to die (it's quite realistic), then first their parents / family would sue you and your insurance. Then, you'd get charged for criminal neglagence causing death. Yes, you would face possible JAIL time.

There's a million other things that could happen, so seriously, think about this before you buy a 2 seater car. Don't move around more people than your car was designed to.

403Gemini
10-14-2003, 12:49 AM
man that stinks lol, but again, if honda installed would it be considered certified?

link785
10-14-2003, 12:50 AM
man that stinks lol, but again, if honda installed would it be considered certified?

Nope. It has to be DOT legal and approved, which only happens when the car is manufactured, through crash test ratings and such. There's no way to add the seats and have it be "legal".

403Gemini
10-14-2003, 12:52 AM
bummer :(

EK 2.0
10-14-2003, 12:55 AM
ITS NOT ADDED ON...ITS A JDM CONVERSION...IN JAPAN, REMEMBER WE ALL WANT OUR CARS TO BE LIKE THEIRS...THEY HAVE BACKSETAS IN REXS STOCK...YES THATS RIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS STOCK...

SO ITS LEGAL...BOOYAAH

link785
10-14-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
ITS NOT ADDED ON...ITS A JDM CONVERSION...IN JAPAN, REMEMBER WE ALL WANT OUR CARS TO BE LIKE THEIRS...THEY HAVE BACKSETAS IN REXS STOCK...YES THATS RIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS STOCK...

SO ITS LEGAL...BOOYAAH

What the fuck is wrong with you? No it's not legal. It doesn't matter if the JDM version of the CRX has back seats or not. Unless you're importing the CRX straight from Japan, with factory installed seats, and it's allowed in the country, it's NOT legal.

lammer
10-14-2003, 01:03 AM

What the fuck is wrong with you? No it's not legal. It doesn't matter if the JDM version of the CRX has back seats or not. Unless you're importing the CRX straight from Japan, with factory installed seats, and it's allowed in the country, it's NOT legal.

and deafining sound "ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU BLIND/DEAF/STUPID/GAY all in one" Alarm system isn't illegal is it? cause man who ever robs my car would be in one hell of a ride. :D

link785
10-14-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by lammer
and deafining sound "ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU BLIND/DEAF/STUPID/GAY all in one" Alarm system isn't illegal is it? cause man who ever robs my car would be in one hell of a ride. :D

Actually, I have no idea about alarm laws, lol

Isonex
10-14-2003, 02:03 AM
Link...It Legal, I know of 4 guys that have the JDM back seats....sorry your wrong on this one man

Chris

link785
10-14-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Isonex
Link...It Legal, I know of 4 guys that have the JDM back seats....sorry your wrong on this one man

JDM seats in a Canadian spec CRX and the insurance WILL cover the back seats? I highly doubt it. On your car's registration, there is a number for "maximum occuptants". This number comes up when they run the VIN number of the car you're registering. If it only says "2", then it doesn't matter if you have a JDM back seat, a USDM back seat, a Mexican back seat or an Italian back seat.

And as far as I know, you can't just swap VINs on a car. So unless you have a real JDM imported CRX, back seats will not be covered by insurance.

403Gemini
10-14-2003, 07:14 AM
no need for flamin each other guys :D

ill do it the safe way,

before i get it done ill call honda and my insurance and check :)

tegdream
10-14-2003, 10:19 AM

a Mexican back seat

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: best line evarrrrrrrrrrr

redx2nv
10-14-2003, 12:13 PM
seriously why the hel.l would you want a back seat in a crx? if you think your parents are going to be unhappy with a two seater car, they are going to pissed to find out your 4 seater car can barely i mean absolutely barely seat 3. And your inlaws are going to have serious comfort issues.

Why we didnt get rear seats in a crx? ill tell ya why, because realistically fat north american people cant even barely sit in the front of a rex, let alone the back seat. asian people are much smaller in size so they can fit in a 2'*2' carboard box, pefrcet size for a backseat of crx.

Just screw it, buy a EF civic.

3G
10-14-2003, 12:20 PM
seriously why the hel.l would you want a back seat in a crx? if you think your parents are going to be unhappy with a two seater car, they are going to pissed to find out your 4 seater car can barely i mean absolutely barely seat 3. And your inlaws are going to have serious comfort issues.

Why we didnt get rear seats in a crx? ill tell ya why, because realistically fat north american people cant even barely sit in the front of a rex, let alone the back seat. asian people are much smaller in size so they can fit in a 2'*2' carboard box, pefrcet size for a backseat of crx.

Just screw it, buy a EF civic.

:werd: get a civic instead...

i heard somewhere that CRX's came with backseats and some didn't..can someone clear that one up for me?

xDiMSuMx
10-14-2003, 05:45 PM

the front seats in the CRX aren't that bad
i'm 6'2 215lbs and i can fit in mine with room to move back still

Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

i heard somewhere that CRX's came with backseats and some didn't..can someone clear that one up for me?

in japan they did

CRXguy
10-14-2003, 11:17 PM
and Europe aka EDM.

redx2nv
10-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
and Europe aka EDM.

Huh? you mean UKDM...

Jarrat
01-20-2005, 11:19 PM
I bought a 1990 SI JDM crx from Japan. I live in Canada. Its the best car I've boughten so far. I also own a 1990 CRX SI Canadian model CRX with a JDM ZC engine in it toooo.. but my jdm car only has 82,xxx kms on it and has power everything....

Its in mint condition. I've noticed the seats will not slide all the way to the back like the USD and CAN cars seats can. I'm 6 foot 5 and I can still drive the car fine. It's possible for me to fit in the back of the car, but for not long periods of time since it's so small.

The JDM crx's do not come with VIN numbers so when you register for a VIN number you can put down the number of passangers to 4 and I don't think you should have a problem if you get in an accident then.

I bought the car for $6500 Canadian and it's MINT. If anyone here is interested in importing honda cars just message me and I'll get back to you with who you need to talk to.....

Jarrat.

freakin
01-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Isonex

Chris

I don't see a link there, but the fact that 4 people have JDM seats doesn't make them legal. I have JDM lights in my integra, as do a lot of people in town, but they're not legal. Think about it this way, there's likely a reason why the USDM CRX doesn't have a back seat. I don't think they'd take it out just for looks. I'm just guessing here but there was probably some crash testing done and they didn't make the grade. So in order to sell the car, Honda took the back seats out. It's like using the JDM bumpers, they're lighter, but they won't hold up in a crash. They have different safety standards for their cars.

I'd say, check with your insurance company and transport Canada first:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/menu.htm

If you like the look of them, put them in. Just realize, as mentioned earlier, that there might be legal/insurance issues down the road.

frostyda9
01-25-2005, 09:09 PM
403Gemini: I wouldn't do it. I went through the same sort of dilemma with JDM bumper supports for the Integra. They are a LOT lighter than the USDM ones, but they're a liability that just isn't worth the risk. For the money you'd spend on the conversion, just go buy a $400 '80 Malibu 4 door for a winter beater/driving people around car :burnout: