any of you guys played it yet?
got meself the japper version.
totally kix ass!

civicrider
10-13-2003, 09:09 PM
is it out in canada yet for ps2? if not when will it? i loved FFX

Shaolin
10-13-2003, 09:17 PM
I have the NA version on pre-order.. what mod chip do you use? I've always thought about modding it but scared something will fuck up.

mamajoe
10-13-2003, 09:33 PM
at the end of november it will come out!!

Kamen
10-13-2003, 09:37 PM
Oh man, I loved FFX so much, I can't wait till X-2 hits NA. Must play! I'm a huge RPG fan.

pinoyhero
10-18-2003, 09:09 AM
I thought FFX was too linear and there was too much story and movie time. I would rather a game more like FF7, or 8. X just didn't do it for me. I'm hoping that X-2, is different.

Kamen
10-18-2003, 01:04 PM
X-2 is supposed to be more free in that you can go screw around to your hearts content. It should be very different with the class system, normal leveling (I liked the sphere system, but it got easy fast) and with Yuna's new movement abilities like climbing and jumping. FF Tomb Raider?

pinoyhero
10-18-2003, 01:29 PM
Its been a while since I played the game but now I recall the sphere system of leveling, I wasn't a big fan of that either.

Shaolin
10-18-2003, 04:16 PM
I actually thought that sphere system was pretty neat.. but after that king cactuar cheat showed up it was just stupid. Can't wait for X2 :D

Skyline_Addict
10-20-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
I thought FFX was too linear and there was too much story and movie time. I would rather a game more like FF7, or 8. X just didn't do it for me. I'm hoping that X-2, is different.

X-2 is totally unlinear...you get to choose when and which missions you want to do...of course there are core missions which must be completed to advance, but most of the game is actually optional!

This isn't really a spoiler, but I achieved the good ending in 16 hours through a rush. that's how unlinear it is.
I picked to do pretty much only the parts needed to get the good ending and it was that fast....however, I heard to get 100% completion of the game (and the perfect ending) you have to do new game+ and beat the game twice....I also heard it's possible to get 100% in one try, and that depending on your skill it could take anywhere from 35-70 hours.
but if you wanna beat the game in less than 20 hours, it's simple.

Skyline_Addict
10-20-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin
I have the NA version on pre-order.. what mod chip do you use? I've always thought about modding it but scared something will fuck up.

I'm actually not sure.
Thing is my friends bought me a modchip for my b-day and were gonna mod it for me.
They had to head back to BC before they could do it, so just gave me theirs until I would see them again.
Ironically, they busted my ps2 trying to mod it (which is weird cause they modded theirs themselves) and I got to keep theirs.....I totally can't remember the name of the mod chip!

I have the NA version on pre-order too haha.
The JAP versioin IMO is much better when it comes to the voices.
But ya gotta know japanese for that to apply hehe.

pinoyhero
10-20-2003, 05:34 AM
Sounds like fun, I can't wait.

Shaolin
11-21-2003, 10:17 PM
wtf is up with the beginning, some japper music video? wtf hah

gkAeris
11-21-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

:werd: plus the characters were cooler aerith, rinoa i think yuna looks like rinoa with short hair hehe

Zephyr
11-21-2003, 11:02 PM
rinoa is hot......

C_CRX
11-22-2003, 12:19 AM
I actually broke down yesterday and bought FFX-2 when I was at the mall. BUT I've promised myself I wouldn't play it until I finally finish the original FFX. (I tend to buy games and nearly finish them before getting mad and moving onto a new game..) Can't wait tho!

Shaolin
12-27-2003, 01:40 PM
anyone know how to breed chocobos? I have no idea wtf i'm doing.