PDA

View Full Version : 92-93 Subaru Impreza

Jewshh
03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey guys, ok.. I am thinking about buying a Subaru Impreza wrx 92 or 93 i dont know much about the cars but i love them very much! haha

I was just wondering if they are reliable at all, how quick are they, any ideas or what ever you guys have to say,, and/or hard to find parts for ect..

I am thinking of getting this car from JDM calgary

Thanks guys

Sil80_D
03-07-2009, 09:39 PM
well it's AWD so ... yeah they're fast lol. Off the line AWD is the best in most cases... you'll really feel it when you gas the car.
But with AWD there are issues with understeer since all four wheels are ploughing you through a turn, but then again I'm not sure if thats an issue with an STi

As for parts I'm not sure, but it interests me too cuz I'm looking to get myself a 93 STi aswell after i get tired of my 240sx :drool:

Sil80_D
03-07-2009, 09:46 PM
By the way, since you're asking for opinion, I think you should consider buying a left hand drive and not a JDM right hand drive. It's just safer on our streets. especially when ur trying to get out of a busy street when ur parked on the side. You wont be able to see shit over your shoulder in that situation.

But anyway, good choice, IMO the 93 STi looks the best :thumbsup:

Kardon
03-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Well to ^, I don't think it would be very possible for the OP to get a LHD WRX, especially in that price range. It would be a quick little car I'm sure, and passing any oop's shouldn't be an issue, they sold very similar (besides motor) impreza's here for DOT headlights/glass. I'd just be afraid of how previous owners treated the car.

That.Guy.S30
03-08-2009, 12:34 AM
honestly.. JDM imprezas will be unreliable off the bat. you will realize why they are so cheap.
theres coil problems, fuel problems, headgasket problems.. it keeps on going on.

Tram Common
03-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
honestly.. JDM imprezas will be unreliable off the bat. you will realize why they are so cheap.
theres coil problems, fuel problems, headgasket problems.. it keeps on going on.

x2...and just because the car is AWD does not mean it's fast.

The reason they're quick is mostly because of their weight.

Rocky
03-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Torque = good pull = sense of speed, not necessarily speed itself.

Anyway, with most JDM's, you have an unreliable history and thus some of them come over in bad shape. I would read up on a few basic things, particularly the boxer engine, and Subaru's in general. Get a better feel for the car itself, as opposed to a specific model or country of origin.

Sil80_D
03-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Rocky
Torque = good pull = sense of speed, not necessarily speed itself.

Anyway, with most JDM's, you have an unreliable history and thus some of them come over in bad shape. I would read up on a few basic things, particularly the boxer engine, and Subaru's in general. Get a better feel for the car itself, as opposed to a specific model or country of origin.

:werd:

loganlz
03-12-2009, 11:22 PM
there reliabole parts are cheap the engines are almost the same as like an 2000 wrx its just an ej20 and there quick i love em buy it! i had one i just got sick of the rhd