PDA

View Full Version : Need A Job ASAP...

westbeach70
03-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey all.. Currently down here in Medicine Hat but looking for something full time... I have been working the patch for some time now but just presently got let go due to slow times and I was the last one hired first one to go as they say... But yeah if anyone knows of ANYTHING at all please let me know... I would not be so hard up about this after the first day but have child support to pay and if not paid they have instructed me that they are going to pull my license, being a Class 1 driver I would probably end up loosing everything.. Thanks.. PM me here or email or call me at 403 977 4746... Thanks...

Chris

Graham_A_M
03-05-2009, 11:26 AM
There are COUNTLESS positions within the trucking community doing long and short term hauls within Canada and the US.
Just check out the Calgary Sun classifieds, and I'm sure you'll see at least half a dozen there alone. There is also the Calgary Herald too. With some of the companies; its okay to stay based in Medicine hat and still work for Calgary (and area) places.
The oil patch is almost dead right now, but if you were very desperate you could check into places in Fort Mac, as they have a lot more open then does Calgary right now. Its a shit-hole yes, but at least it can get you through this pinch. Good luck :thumbsup:

westbeach70
03-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Yea.. thats the prob.. MEP as you call it has put a restriction on pretty much everything I have done or tried to do. I cannot go south, I cannot get a drivers abstract I cannot do ANYTHING until this 2600.00 is paid.. I did call them and they tell me go work for mcdonalds and ride your bike to work.. Is their attitude.. Kinda harsh but what do ya do...

JAYMEZ
03-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Maybe try getting a job at the bar.. Pays pretty decent.. And from there you can try and search for another job.. Just my 2 cents.

westbeach70
03-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Good idea.. never thought of it that way.. Thanks for your help guys..

Graham_A_M
03-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Chris, wasn't it with that only a few months back that you wanted to move to Lethbridge, so I hooked you up with that chauffeuring job, that was you right?
That didn't pan out in the end?

Rat Fink
03-06-2009, 09:41 AM