PDA

View Full Version : Deerfoot Crackdown



RSeXy
10-13-2003, 11:54 PM
It started this past Sunday...and wow! most people are abiding by the rules...

one of the few times travelling deerfoot where i haven't gotten tailgated, cut off or had some yo swaying to my lane b/c he/she can't control his.her car on the turns at "excessive" speeds! haha

apparently there is zero tolerance for two weeks...just like in July. drive safe and hopefully nobody gets ticketed! :)

ryder_23
10-14-2003, 12:06 AM
yah, i drive deerfoot once in a blue moon and when i do, its hell, bout time they do this, again.

xkon
10-14-2003, 12:08 AM
ahhh... that would explain the 2 cops i saw pulled over tonight! id better slow down! i usually go 110

CRX-R
10-14-2003, 12:10 AM
yeah they're ticketing everything over 101km/h, tailgating, no signal lane changes and they're out there 24 hours a day. Mind you it's not such a bad thing, too many people think the Deerfoot is Indy Speedway

403Gemini
10-14-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by CRX-R
yeah they're ticketing everything over 101km/h, tailgating, no signal lane changes and they're out there 24 hours a day. Mind you it's not such a bad thing, too many people think the Deerfoot is Indy Speedway :werd:

Khyron
10-14-2003, 01:23 AM
Yah get those maniacs travelling 110 at 2am! Think of the children!

Khyron

CRX-R
10-14-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
Yah get those maniacs travelling 110 at 2am! Think of the children!

Khyron

:rofl:

nismodrifter
10-14-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
Yah get those maniacs travelling 110 at 2am! Think of the children!

Khyron

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

good to see another crackdown though......too many crazy peeps on deerfoot:guns:

B17a
10-14-2003, 07:39 AM
Just saw a thing on A-Channel this morning. What they had was a cop on a bridge with laser tagging guys and radioing ahead to have them pull over. The cop on the bridge was crouching really low, you'd never spot him, plus he was nailing people as they were driving past the bridge not coming up like they normally do.

92 Teg-B18A
10-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Heh, good thing there where no police on the stretch that I drove last night then :D I stuck the S in cruise at 110 for a good long stretch! Good thing I didn't get a ticket!:eek:

Maxt
10-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by B17a
Just saw a thing on A-Channel this morning. What they had was a cop on a bridge with laser tagging guys and radioing ahead to have them pull over. The cop on the bridge was crouching really low, you'd never spot him, plus he was nailing people as they were driving past the bridge not coming up like they normally do.
That would be the easiest ticket to fight probably, as he is most likely identifying cars by description and not by licence plate...Those kind of tickets usually don't hold water to well..
This morning I was travelling towards deerfoot on Anderson RD, about 4:30 am , I cross acadia, I think I see something, so I hover my foot over the brake pedal just in case, there is a cop car sitting in the dark on the centre meridian, the cop walks out into the path of my van which is travelling at 75 km/hr.. Real smart cops we have in this city....I jam on the brakes, the car behind me, just about rear ends me, there are cars now honking the horn and skidding, the cops are checking cars for unscraped windshields and side windows for public safety, meanwhile causing mass chaos on Anderson... I tell yah...takes brains....

CRX crazy
10-14-2003, 08:51 PM
on my way to work yesterday i saw multinova, then like 2kms up a bike cop had a truck pulled over, then like another 2kms up there was another cop with his radar gun out. Last crackdown i didn't see any cops the whole two weeks. Maybe they didn't make enough money last time that they have to do it again!

girlRACER
10-14-2003, 09:53 PM
They're everywhere! I saw 2 on Lake Fraser Dr (the road behind Avenida mall) and another one on Canyon Meadows Drive for the last few nights.

It's a good thing I've been taking the C-Train. I probably would've got a ticket on Deerfoot.

Mckenzie
10-14-2003, 10:11 PM
The cop this morning on A Channel said they are targeting drivers doing over 120 (it doesnt mean the wont gaffle ya' under 120). The highest speed they recorded was 149.

rice_eater
10-15-2003, 12:24 AM
and you usually set your cruise at 160 if i remember correctly :rofl:

BigMass
10-15-2003, 11:39 AM
They should ticket people that drive under 100 on Deerfoot.

kenny
10-15-2003, 01:29 PM
Drove on deerfoot today and wow, it feels so weird now because EVERYBODY is doing about 100km/h and nobody is in the fast lane, its completely open. Looks like this time around everyone is scared. Its not often you can drive at 100 and have nobody pass you. No cops all along Deerfoot though, so I'm not sure how they are cracking down.

Altezza
10-15-2003, 03:09 PM
Hmm...Looks like I'll have to find another way to work... Didn't know about this crackdown...lets see if I get a photo in the mail soon or not. Man, I was wondering why the fast lane was completely empty.

RiceCake
10-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Just came home on Deerfoot.... 2 multinovas accross from one another. I'm doing about 100 in the fast lane when a saturn doing 70 km/h cuts in front of me without signaling....... I've had it with [email protected] Saturns this week!!!!!

First I get into an accident because the Saturn 2 cars behind me doesn't know how to brake.... now tonight another Saturn can't signal when switching lanes :banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
10-15-2003, 11:03 PM
Watch out for the Dodge brothers! The police are getting tricky theyve been patrolling deerfoot in a dark purple intrepid and a white durango, both look like civilian vehicles. I also saw the police in a mint early 90s dodge van going after someone...be careful

Weapon_R
10-15-2003, 11:06 PM
I drive the deerfoot everyday - either they are doing a great job of being discreet, or I just haven't seen any cops yet...

kenny
10-15-2003, 11:22 PM
Add a black suburban to the list of vehicles as well

James
10-16-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I drive the deerfoot everyday - either they are doing a great job of being discreet, or I just haven't seen any cops yet...

:werd:


Originally posted by kenny
Add a black suburban to the list of vehicles as well


somebody get nailed?

:dunno:

kenny
10-16-2003, 12:19 AM
Nope just always see an undercover Black Suburban on Deerfoot.

SwitchBlade
10-16-2003, 09:00 AM
They have a purple Durango also, it tailed me and my buddy in his porcshe jus waiting for us to speed.

Mckenzie
10-16-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
and you usually set your cruise at 160 if i remember correctly :rofl:

shhhh......:tongue:

I have slowed down a bit though. :dunno:

They are getting tricky this week too. Yesterday they had the fast lane closed between Mckenzie and 130 Ave going north, and there was the undercover crown vic hiding behind an orange construction arrowboard.

DSMer4Life
10-16-2003, 09:55 AM
On a side note, I passed through a crosswalk sting in my hood (Dover). A cruiser stopped before the crosswalk caught my attention, so I slowed down (although it was already an hour after sunset in a playground zone). Then this couple was just standing at the crosswalk, like they had been standing there forever. So I stop for them, and proceed slowly by. I then see an unmarked van (white Ford) past the crosswalk with an interior light on, as well as an unmarked truck (white Chevy) a little further down. Some kids were sitting on the corner of the street, almost spectating. The whole thing just felt strange, and I took it as a sting operation on crosswalks. I could be wrong, but with the crackdown in other areas, I wouldn't be surprised. Be careful out there. I believe you can still be ticketed for not waiting until the pedestrian is COMPLETELY through the intersection.

fast95pony
10-16-2003, 08:29 PM
The cops are raising money for their Christmas party early this year...
I haven't seen many Stopcheck events this year. Last year I remember getting checked several times on Memorial. Hopefully drivers are not driving drunk anymore..

Hollywood
10-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by CRX-R
yeah they're ticketing everything over 101km/h, tailgating, no signal lane changes and they're out there 24 hours a day. Mind you it's not such a bad thing, too many people think the Deerfoot is Indy Speedway

They cant ticket you for 101km/hr.....has to be 12 or 13 over to compensate for inacuracies. Deerfoot is Calgary's closes thing to a freeway, do yes people drive fast. If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.



Originally posted by Khyron
Yah get those maniacs travelling 110 at 2am! Think of the children!

Khyron

For sure.

DSM Power
10-16-2003, 09:25 PM
Good luck cracking down on "speeders" on Southbound Deerfoot between Glenmore and Southland. With that F'ing B.S. lane closure it's damn IMPOSSIBLE to get through there let alone speed! :guns: :banghead:

I did laser set up on the Anderson ramp to Deerfoot N. though.

Mckenzie
10-16-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood


They cant ticket you for 101km/hr.....has to be 12 or 13 over to compensate for inacuracies. Deerfoot is Calgary's closes thing to a freeway, do yes people drive fast. If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.


My friend got a ticket for 104 in the 100 zone. The cop wrote the wrong date on the ticket and it got thrown out (gee....I wonder if that was done on purpose :nut: ).

CRX-R
10-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood


They cant ticket you for 101km/hr.....has to be 12 or 13 over to compensate for inacuracies. Deerfoot is Calgary's closes thing to a freeway, do yes people drive fast. If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.

:bullshit: Is it 12 OR 13 certainly if it's a law it's one or the other.... No one has ever gotten a ticket for 5km over?? :bullshit: 10km over??:bullshit: Just because someone told you so, doesn't mean it's true. I'm not saying you're likely to get a ticket for doing 101km/h, truth is you're probably more likely to win the lottery. But that's what ZERO tolerance is... the cop sets his cruise at 100km/h and if you start to creep on him, you get a ticket.

CRX-R
10-16-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie


My friend got a ticket for 104 in the 100 zone.

Naw... can't be... has to be atleast 112... or was it 113 :dunno:

missblondie
10-16-2003, 11:22 PM
between 32nd ave and Beddington trail on deerfoot there were 6 police officers all with people pulled over!!!! sure makes you watch your speed though!

RSeXy
10-17-2003, 12:04 AM
^^


i saw that! crazy!

Melinda
10-17-2003, 12:51 AM
Yeah we passed that tonight too, drove right by the cops up on the bridge...absolutely insane! As we drove by I counted 8 people pulled over! It's about freakin time!!!

Hollywood
10-17-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by CRX-R


:bullshit: Is it 12 OR 13 certainly if it's a law it's one or the other.... No one has ever gotten a ticket for 5km over?? :bullshit: 10km over??:bullshit: Just because someone told you so, doesn't mean it's true. I'm not saying you're likely to get a ticket for doing 101km/h, truth is you're probably more likely to win the lottery. But that's what ZERO tolerance is... the cop sets his cruise at 100km/h and if you start to creep on him, you get a ticket.

It can be thrown out of court if it's below 112 or 113 cant remember.

Toma
10-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Picture this scenario...... a dangerous, public endangering criminal speeding at 120km/h in a POS looking four door. Driver spots the police cruiser coming off the off ramp....figures "too far for them to see my plate". Gears down to fourth, drops the hammer, and goes into the fast lane..... 140....160... 180.... speedo wrapped.... watch the cop lights dissapear into the distance....take the nearest offramp ;)

Fucking cockroach cops. 120 on a freeway??? big f'in deal. YOu know how fast the cop has to go to run you down? Alot faster then 120. Is the cop a better driver then me? You? Not likely. Go to affordable auto wrecking in town.... 11, count em... 11 police cruisers TOTALLED and this in just one yard!

SPEED is not a danger, especially 20 or 40 over the limit. Driver frustration is the biggest factor in accidents.... trying to get around this god forsaken city at any time other then 4:00 am is a joke. City planners should be strung up and fined.... not drivers. :D

Toma

EK 2.0
10-17-2003, 10:47 AM
AMEN Toma...

rage2
10-17-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Toma
SPEED is not a danger, especially 20 or 40 over the limit. Driver frustration is the biggest factor in accidents....
Speed differential is probably the biggest danger. If everyone on deerfoot is travelling at 100km/h, the guy driving 70km/h is as dangerous as the guy going 130km/h. Similarily, the guy driving 100km/h is just as dangerous as well if the flow of traffic is going at 130km/h (like most days).

The best are the dumb asses that go 90km/h in the fast lane... that will bring up the driver frustration factor :).

Mckenzie
10-18-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Speed differential is probably the biggest danger. If everyone on deerfoot is travelling at 100km/h, the guy driving 70km/h is as dangerous as the guy going 130km/h. Similarily, the guy driving 100km/h is just as dangerous as well if the flow of traffic is going at 130km/h (like most days).

The best are the dumb asses that go 90km/h in the fast lane... that will bring up the driver frustration factor :).

Well said.:werd:

I drive deerfoot everyday from Mckenzie to either memorial or glenmore on my way to the UofC. Traffic flows from 90 km in the fast lane to 130-140 somedays. When it does flow at 90 in the fast lane in the middle of the day, you can see frustration levels increasing as people try and weave in and out of traffic to get around them. I think that is far more dangerous than having 4-5 vehicles flowing nicely at a pace of about 120-130, with the smart drivers obeying common courtesy in the slow lane.

Those people should be dragged from their cars and beaten because they are oblivious to what is going on around them. If they dont realize that the speed limit is 100 and that there is a line of cars behind them trying to move somewhere then they shouldnt be on the Deerfoot. Driving is about the environment around you and not just 10 feet ahead of you.

Ben
10-18-2003, 11:11 AM
10 car Checkstop on deerfoot last night, between heritage and southland.

Mckenzie
10-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Ben
10 car Checkstop on deerfoot last night, between heritage and southland.

Was that Southbound in the construction zone?

I was coming home from school at about 1:00 and everything was cool.......I though there would never be a checkstop on deerfoot...

Ben
10-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie


Was that Southbound in the construction zone?

I was coming home from school at about 1:00 and everything was cool.......I though there would never be a checkstop on deerfoot...

Yep, thats the one. its 70km/h there so they can be out on the road.

Skyline_Addict
10-26-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Watch out for the Dodge brothers! The police are getting tricky theyve been patrolling deerfoot in a dark purple intrepid and a white durango, both look like civilian vehicles. I also saw the police in a mint early 90s dodge van going after someone...be careful

yeah...I've seen a cop in a champagne colored ford too. was an older guy. pulled up right beside me, you good see the lights next to the front and back windshield.

Skyline_Addict
10-26-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Mckenzie


Well said.:werd:

I drive deerfoot everyday from Mckenzie to either memorial or glenmore on my way to the UofC. Traffic flows from 90 km in the fast lane to 130-140 somedays. When it does flow at 90 in the fast lane in the middle of the day, you can see frustration levels increasing as people try and weave in and out of traffic to get around them. I think that is far more dangerous than having 4-5 vehicles flowing nicely at a pace of about 120-130, with the smart drivers obeying common courtesy in the slow lane.

Those people should be dragged from their cars and beaten because they are oblivious to what is going on around them. If they dont realize that the speed limit is 100 and that there is a line of cars behind them trying to move somewhere then they shouldnt be on the Deerfoot. Driving is about the environment around you and not just 10 feet ahead of you.

yeah, that's exactly right!
safety is a subjective (not extraeneously to speed) thing when it comes to driving!
i want autovon i want autovon