PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Auto Body Repair from National Collision

artieg30
03-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to tell you about the shoddy quality of work from National. I took my 2002 solara in for a hit and run repair for the driver side rear quarter panel and it has been an epic fail. First off, I dropped my car off on Feb 23rd (i wont name names but the guy there said his team would be able to start right away hence why i dropped it off that day) and it hadn't been touched till monday march 2nd. I finally got it back today and when i took a brief look it looked fine, HOWEVER thats when i started to notice 2 MAJOR problems

1. there is a large paint splotch from under the moulding and the paint is off and its very obvious

2. Some of the clear coat on my roof by the pillar was peeled off.

Now the paint splotch thing i can understand, its an odd spot so its easily missable. But the repair for the rear quarter panel was all near by the wheel well so I dont know why they would even be touching the clear coat on my roof to begin with. Here are the pics of the car when it came out from the shop.

artieg30
03-06-2009, 06:56 PM
sorry i'm having issues with the pics, but i'll post more up later, anywho i talked to the guy at National so hopefully all will go well next week when i bring it back in.

aln
03-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I brought my car into national a little after a year for body work and I would never recommend anyone nor would I go back...even if it was free. My whole left side of the car is now bondo-ed and covered with over spray. The body is still wavy and the repair didn't even last 2 months and it started to rust (there was no rust there before). They didn't do it right the first time so I asked them politely to fix it again and when I went back to pick up my car, my door handle was broken and the interior was dusty from all the sanding. Long story short, a retard could do a better job.

artieg30
03-06-2009, 11:39 PM
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww203/artieg30/06032009090.jpg

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww203/artieg30/06032009089.jpg

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww203/artieg30/06032009088.jpg

TomcoPDR
03-06-2009, 11:48 PM
:eek:

Eken9
03-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Damn, that looks horrible:eek:

I had a friend in a simliar situation not sure what shop but he had overspray all over the car and interior. He complained and they fixed it. They also paid for his rental, which was a brand new truck. I don't even know any bodyshop would let a car leave in that condition.

Sharpie
03-06-2009, 11:56 PM
The reason it is like that is they did a blend but must of done a shitty polish job, just take it back and get it fixed. it isn't that bad..

psycoticclown
03-07-2009, 03:57 AM
I dunno about not being that bad. If you can see how bad it is in a picture with tons of reflection... imagine it in real life. I can clearly see the difference in paint, IRL would be 10000000000x worse.

crez
03-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Did someone do any previous work on that part of the car? That could cause that, as they would have had to do a blend up there to avoid painting the roof and other quarter panel.

The blotchy looking spot is most likely a place where whoever sanded the car burnt through the clear coat and it never got noticed, like you said in a not easiliy noticeable spot. Then it just got clear coated over and not noticed.

Just take it back. Any good shop, which I hear good things about National, will probably just fix it for you. No need to bash on here, it happens everywhere the odd time.

artieg30
03-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by crez
Did someone do any previous work on that part of the car? That could cause that, as they would have had to do a blend up there to avoid painting the roof and other quarter panel.

The blotchy looking spot is most likely a place where whoever sanded the car burnt through the clear coat and it never got noticed, like you said in a not easiliy noticeable spot. Then it just got clear coated over and not noticed.

Just take it back. Any good shop, which I hear good things about National, will probably just fix it for you. No need to bash on here, it happens everywhere the odd time.

Yeah i talked to the guy there and he booked me in for next week, however i'm just outraged at the fact that he had knowledge of these issues prior to giving me my car back but at the same time didn't bother to inform me of it. I agree with you i've heard nothing but good things about national (which is why i went to them in the first place) but you gotta admit that your trust is kinda lost if someone working on your car doesn't tell you all these details and just hopes that you dont notice, i just dont think its honest.

R!zz0
03-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Doesn't your insurance company recommend a bodyshop that you can take your car to? I know they did with me but, i always take my car to Screamin and so far i haven't had any problems.

That really sucks and i would fight till the end if i were you.

artieg30
03-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by R!zz0
Doesn't your insurance company recommend a bodyshop that you can take your car to? I know they did with me but, i always take my car to Screamin and so far i haven't had any problems.

That really sucks and i would fight till the end if i were you.

this was one of the companies that my insurance has referred me to, and I read alot of good things on beyond here about them so I figure i'd be getting a pretty quality job. mind you the area that was damaged was repaired and they went out of their way to remove some spider cracks on my front lip, but it still doesnt justify what they did. And yes I am fighting this, If i dont get the clear coat and the splotch repaired the way I like i'm gonna take this to my insurance and get an adjuster out, and if that doesnt work i'm going to report them to the BBB and see how they react then.

R!zz0
03-07-2009, 11:06 AM
^ Call your insurance company and let them deal with it. After all, you're paying them every month aren't you? So why give yourself a headache.