PDA

View Full Version : "I will forgive but not forget" (relationships)

copynpaste
03-07-2009, 11:37 AM
We've all heard this term before? Do you believe that time can heal anything or everything? Yes or no. I know it depends on the circumstance, but generally speaking....(give examples if you like)

Hakkola
03-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Anything or everything? WTF? :banghead:

Amysicle
03-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Uh, this isn't really clear.

I'm assuming you might be talking from past experience with a significant other who might have wronged you and you're wondering what other people have done in that situation? Like what is forgiveable on the list? :banghead:

rizfarmer
03-07-2009, 11:46 AM
did you your boyfriend dump you last night?:cry:

403ep3
03-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Girls NEVER forget anything.
I can forget most things.

88jbody
03-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3

I came to post this

chkolny541
03-07-2009, 01:34 PM
no, i have an ex, we broke up over 2 years ago, and anytime i think about her i still get pissed off

G-ZUS
03-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
no, i have an ex, we broke up over 2 years ago, and anytime i think about her i still get pissed off

:werd:

CUG
03-07-2009, 01:43 PM
I have one ex who was a nut. I forgive for the sake of my own serenity. I definitely won't forget. She even tried to hop on my sausage this past summer... yeah, no.

theken
03-07-2009, 01:44 PM
I would not forgive or forget if my wife took dick anywhere anyway anyhow

n1zm0
03-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by theken
I would not forgive or forget if my wife took dick anywhere anyway anyhow

what if she was raped?

but +1, i dont care if she slipped and fell, i would never forgive or forget.

theken
03-07-2009, 02:39 PM
If she took dick on her own terms. Rape is different. But that gives you a freebie bang then

DonJuan
03-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Women will NEVER let you forget....

semograd
03-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by theken
If she took dick on her own terms. Rape is different. But that gives you a freebie bang then

If a guy rapes you does your wife get a freebie bang?

copynpaste
03-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3

Try dating an extremely pessimistic girl. :(

rumeo
03-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by semograd

If a guy rapes you does your wife get a freebie bang?

:rofl: :rofl:

eblend
03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Does this have to do anything with a guy living in #303 in chocolate condo? Haha, every night he sings Karaoke for 1 hour straight....seriously....repating the same song..i can hear him through the walls..."Whatever you say...whatever you do...i will always be waiting for you..." fuck man haha, so annoying. I think he might have just broke up or something

EK 2.0
03-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I say always forgive...but never forget....if you forget...then they will just up and do it again...

stevieo
03-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by eblend
Does this have to do anything with a guy living in #303 in chocolate condo? Haha, every night he sings Karaoke for 1 hour straight....seriously....repating the same song..i can hear him through the walls..."Whatever you say...whatever you do...i will always be waiting for you..." fuck man haha, so annoying. I think he might have just broke up or something

sorry mang, ill keep it down:banghead:
i just bought a new 1500w home theater package

eblend
03-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

sorry mang, ill keep it down:banghead:
i just bought a new 1500w home theater package

Hahah, i hope your kidding, if not haha, thats funny

R!zz0
03-08-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't forgive or forget and i hold a very bad grudge.

scat19
03-09-2009, 08:51 AM
You broke up for a reason, thats what I say. Forget them.

I hardly forgive, if you do it, you knew what you were doing.

"Oh sorry, didn't mean to lie to you."

ekguy
03-09-2009, 09:05 AM
I forgave once and then the stupid bitch did it again. I now have a new girlfriend and if she cheats at all. A kiss even and I'm gone and no forgiveness whatsoever. At least I'm not with my 35 year old ex anymore. She was a psycho anyways and now she's going out with a schyzo, bi-polar, manic depressive, lithium popping douchefuck haha. Poor guy has no idea what he got himself into haha.

A790
03-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
I forgave once and then the stupid bitch did it again. I now have a new girlfriend and if she cheats at all. A kiss even and I'm gone and no forgiveness whatsoever. At least I'm not with my 35 year old ex anymore. She was a psycho anyways and now she's going out with a schyzo, bi-polar, manic depressive, lithium popping douchefuck haha. Poor guy has no idea what he got himself into haha.
Well, you clearly aren't over her.

Jlude
03-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by A790

Haha... clearly not.

Tarrantula
03-09-2009, 11:32 AM
I would vote No.

But I just started dating my x.. for the 3rd time...

:facepalm:

HybridTheory
03-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
I say always forgive...but never forget....if you forget...then they will just up and do it again...

:werd: But mind you, I've never gotten back together with an ex.

Lol and you guys are right, girls never forget.

Kona9
03-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Screw it. You can't change the past. If some chick messed with you, you make your move and carry on. If you choose to give it another go, then you should keep your mouth shut and hope it doesn't happen again. If you choose to end the relationship, what the hell is the point dwelling on something you can't change? MOVE ON! GET OVER IT!!

Staying pissed at someone/something only makes you weak! Sure it sucks and worse things happen to good people, but you can't change the past or things that happen.

I have been in situations much like other people where things didn't work out. Why stay all pissy? Everything happens for a reason.

As stupid of an analogy it is, I think of women like cars. If it constantly gives you hassle and is a pain in the ass, try and fix it. If the problems persist, get a new one.

I don't drive "just anything" I look around, see what's available and figure out what is good for me with all my wants and needs at hand. If I made a bad decision, I try to compromise and figure out what is truly important to me. If those needs aren't met....BAM....New Vehicle!

So for the main answer, FORGET! Being pissy about shit you can't control is a waste of positive energy that could be used in "buying a new car."

Quiet10
03-09-2009, 12:53 PM
^ And to add to your analogy, they can be just as expensive and high maintenance as well!

Kona9
03-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Quiet10
^ And to add to your analogy, they can be just as expensive and high maintenance as well!

This is still fully controllable.

stevieo
03-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by eblend

Hahah, i hope your kidding, if not haha, thats funny

haha sorry man, just going through some hard times. ill try to keep it down and find a new song to sing.

911fever
03-10-2009, 07:51 AM
who gets owned multiple times by a cheating girl and stays with her? a tool who doesn't realize his value in life.

ragu
03-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by ekguy

How old are you? :rofl:

ghust
03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
i say forgive but never forget.

if she is a repeat offender then eventually you have to stop the forgive.

OneOfMany
03-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I agree, a first time thing then definately forgive (depending on the severity- sex is not something you can "accidentaly" do) but as much as you may say you will forget. That doesnt happen!

Coming from a girl, I'll agree with you all. We never forget anything even if we want to it's always going to be there. But in most circumstances, if something/someone means that much to you then you can get past it.

I dont condone, cheating or any kind of messing around but shit happens, people get themselves in positions that arent right from time to time, it takes a bit before you realize what is going on! It when you put yourself there to many times over that you have a problem!

JordanEG6
03-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Other way around for me. I'd try and forget it and move on. I rarely forgive. It's also hard to forget if she's connected with your family or if you have mutual friends, because she'd be around often.

HiTempguy1
03-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by OneOfMany I dont condone, cheating or any kind of messing around but shit happens, people get themselves in positions that arent right from time to time, it takes a bit before you realize what is going on! It when you put yourself there to many times over that you have a problem!

Bullshit. I never forgive or forget. People do what they do for specific reasons. It was the same with the last gf, and it'll be the same with the next; step out of line (cheat, in any way, shape, or form), and your gone.

OneOfMany
03-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Are you telling me your perfect never once did anything wrong? Never did something you regret? If so your a rare breed, again i am not saying its right, and Like i said those are things a person should never forget. But at the same time, people make mistakes, it happens, guys and girls.

Not everyone goes out and says "hey i think i will cheat on my significant other today" im sorry but not everyone does that. Shit happens, sometimes you have to get past it and work your damndest to get the trust back of the one you care about.

OneOfMany
03-11-2009, 05:15 PM
And im talking about an "oh shit their kissing me" kind of thing, thats the kind of shit that can happen before you know it, not sex or fooling around, by that point you know what your doing and you know its wrong, what you choose to do from there is a matter of smart of stupid.

HiTempguy1
03-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by OneOfMany
Are you telling me your perfect never once did anything wrong? Never did something you regret? And im talking about an "oh shit their kissing me" kind of thing, thats the kind of shit that can happen before you know it, not sex or fooling around, by that point you know what your doing and you know its wrong, what you choose to do from there is a matter of smart of stupid.

I would find it incredibley odd to date someone who put themselves in a position that shit like that would happen.

And yes, I do believe in following/sticking to my values and morals no matter what. I would never (and have not) cheated on someone who I was dating.

I have done regretful things, you are right, everyone has. However, once again, I'd never cheat. I would expect the person who I was with to break up with me, just as I would them.

stevieo
03-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I would find it incredibley odd to date someone who put themselves in a position that shit like that would happen.

And yes, I do believe in following/sticking to my values and morals no matter what. I would never (and have not) cheated on someone who I was dating.

I have done regretful things, you are right, everyone has. However, once again, I'd never cheat. I would expect the person who I was with to break up with me, just as I would them. :werd:
i treat people how i want to be treated by such person.

HiTempguy1
03-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
:werd:
i treat people how i want to be treated by such person.

Thank you, that is exactly what I mean.

joyridder
03-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Forgiving but not forgetting for me is a "healthy" way of letting go of the things you could not control about the "thing" that you were wronged by. I can forgive someone for something they have done, but will never forget about it as I can go back and reflect on what I learned from the situation, and try to never allow it to happen in the future, even if I was the one that wronged them...
I hope that made sense... lol:nut:

OneOfMany
03-11-2009, 09:45 PM
I never said i dont agree with what your saying cause i do. I hope it hasnt come across that i agree with these mishaps cause i certainly dont and would want a person to leave me if they thought shit was going to happen. I was just reflecting an opinion. Things happen, they shouldnt but they do. I wouldnt want someone to do that to me therefore i would never do it to a person i was with!!!

I guess what im getting at, is sometimes things arent as cut and dry as they seem, people mess up and forgiveness can be the right action. Sometimes its better to forget. All circumstantial.:dunno:

ekguy
03-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by A790

oh god yes i am hahaha. You have no idea how over her I am. New gf has been better than the ex already and we're only on month three haha.

HiTempguy1
03-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by OneOfMany I guess what im getting at, is sometimes things arent as cut and dry as they seem, people mess up and forgiveness can be the right action. Sometimes its better to forget. All circumstantial.:dunno: [/B]

You still don't seem to get it. Cheating is a deliberate action, there is no "messing up" about it. I could understand if some dude from out of nowhere came up and gave my gf a kiss, but even then how situationally unaware could you be for somebody to invade your personal space like that? Oh, and getting drunk is not an excuse either, sorry. Just because you are drunk does not preclude you from making proper decisions, it just makes them harder. :thumbsdown: And if you think I am harsh/high standards, you better believe it. I'm not in a relationship for no reason, I have a lot better things to do with my time then try to have something special with somebody who doesn't reciprocate.

Things are actually pretty cut and dry most of the time. The people who try to bend the truth, and/or weasel their way out of things typically are the ones who hide in the grey areas.

sputnik
03-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Two things.

- Forgive and move on with your own life. Failing to forgive will just live in state of bitterness that will affect your life negatively. After all "bitterness is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies".

- DONT forget. You need to remember what the issues were that caused the breakup and LEARN from them so that you don't make the same mistakes again. Even if she cheated on you, you are still responsible for dating her and next time you might be a bit more careful picking who you date instead of just looking for the hot blonde with big tits.

OneOfMany
03-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Well to start i agree with you on the drinking thing luckily for me or anyone i am dating i cannot use that as an easy way out or would i even consider doing so. And i agree with most of your other points i do.

And hey, i also agree with you being harsh about it, just means that your girl can trust you... that in it self tends to be hard to find.

Maybe I shouldnt be trying to justify the situation cause its not a good one to begin with but like i said its all circumstantial. Shit happens, i would never willingly or knowingly hurt someone i care about. Thats it. Bottom line. But if i cared about them and they made a mistake, i would at least be willing to give them the benifit of the doubt and here their side of the story before i wrote them off as a person. Maybe i am to trusting, maybe i am a push over but long story short karmas a bitch, and if i were ever in a shit situation that maybe wasn't quite so black and white, i would want a person to hear me out before they judged me.

OneOfMany
03-12-2009, 08:17 AM
" Forgive and move on with your own life. Failing to forgive will just live in state of bitterness that will affect your life negatively. After all "bitterness is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies".

I agree with this.100%

Jonel
03-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Situational at the most;

It's never healthy to hold a grudge against everything, but there are those certain situations that sure you can forgive but you'll never forget because how much shit you went through as a result of that.