PDA

View Full Version : Uninsured motor vehicle on highway ticket!

redline_13000
10-14-2003, 11:23 AM
I got one coming back home from edmonton yesterday. My pink slip was expired oct 8 i didnt even notice. Anyways my car got impounded and its still there. I just found the new slips that were mailed to me. So my question is, what happens when i go to court. Do i just show them the pink slip and get off or what?

rage2
10-14-2003, 11:27 AM
I've only seen 1 ticket for no insurance, and that's a failure to produce. If that's the case, you DID fail to produce, so technically, you're guilty and subject to the fine. In Calgary, they'll let you off if you provide the proof, no fine. If you got busted in Ponoka, well, that's a whole different story. Wish you luck :).

3G
10-14-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I've only seen 1 ticket for no insurance, and that's a failure to produce. If that's the case, you DID fail to produce, so technically, you're guilty and subject to the fine. In Calgary, they'll let you off if you provide the proof, no fine. If you got busted in Ponoka, well, that's a whole different story. Wish you luck :).

he got busted in Airdrie not Ponoka

SinisterProbeGt
10-14-2003, 11:45 AM
call the office where the cop works drive there and show them your poink slip and he can squash the ticket himself. but if you dont then you have to go to court on the day and show them it... alot of driving for nothing. I got 1 for the same reason and thats how i squashed it.

redline_13000
10-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Ok. What about the towing charges? am i screwed with that? i told them i had insurance and to leave my car there until i could get the pink slip and come back but they towed it anyways :dunno:

Weapon_R
10-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
call the office where the cop works drive there and show them your poink slip and he can squash the ticket himself. but if you dont then you have to go to court on the day and show them it... alot of driving for nothing. I got 1 for the same reason and thats how i squashed it.

For some reason, I don't think the cop will be willing to do that...sometimes ppl don't know when to shut up and this was one of those...

Originally posted by redline_13000
Ok. What about the towing charges? am i screwed with that? i told them i had insurance and to leave my car there until i could get the pink slip and come back but they towed it anyways :dunno:

Yeah man you gotta pay that shit