PDA

View Full Version : Ouzo 4th street. "chef" incident...STAY AWAY!

ZorroAMG
03-08-2009, 12:00 AM
So we go to Ouzo for dinner tonight, my family and friends....all is good, food is decent. Then the entrees come. I order chicken souvlaki. Big mistake.

The chicken comes and I take a bite. It's undercooked/chewy brutal texture, so I send it back. No biggie, right? Normal restaurant practice right?

Wrong.

The Australian 350+lb "owner" shows up to the table, crouches down singling me out all aggressive, gets in my face literally and starts giving ME shit for sending the food back.

Owner: "I just wanted to tell you that this chicken is NOT UNDERCOOKED, I HAVE BEEN A CHEF FOR 25YRs blah blah blah I am going to do you a favor and BRING you your replacement beef souvlaki, just don't question my ability as a chef"

Me: "I'm sorry but YOU are confronting ME? Take your "chicken" and take your beef, I won't be ingesting more of your "food" ever again. Is this your first restaurant?" by this point the whole table is WTF at Andre the douchebag. "Let me offer you some advice, do not question the customer. Your only words to me should be, sorry sir, right away"

I was SO fucking mad at the prick. Who in their right mind thinks this is acceptable? All the family and work and colleagues USED to eat there regularly. Never again.

BIG thumbs down to the chef/owner, I do feel bad that the adorable waitress was caught in the middle. Even she gave him a WTF.... next time we are all going to Mannies.

I'm hungry. LOL

Ouzo = big fail.

BigShow
03-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Very very unprofessional on his part.

Good call on Mannies though!!

dj_rice
03-08-2009, 12:15 AM
If chicken is undercooked, it wouldn't be chewy just speaking on a chef standpoint and I can see why he called you out

But yes he was in the wrong for even coming out to confront you about it, you should of told him hes not Chef Gordon Ramsey

ZorroAMG
03-08-2009, 12:16 AM
not chewy....that may be the wrong word....the consistency/texture was way off....

Ahaha my friend was like, who's this guy? Gordon Ramsey.

Funny thing is because of his behemoth stature, most people wouldn't have said anything back to him....fuck that.

dj_rice
03-08-2009, 12:18 AM
U should of took a bunch of dishes and smashed them on the ground and said OPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ZorroAMG
03-08-2009, 12:20 AM
LOL....should have opa'd my stella bottle on the table...

KRyn
03-08-2009, 12:22 AM
That is really unprofessional, definitely not the way to handle that type of situation. What ever happened to quality service?

BigShow
03-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by KRyn
That is really unprofessional, definitely not the way to handle that type of situation. What ever happened to quality service?

No doubt, its a disgusting way to treat a paying customer. But the good thing is, thats how places lose business. This thread will get indexed in Google, and people searching for the resteraunt will see this thread :thumbsup:

E36M3
03-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Mannies? Maybe you should stick to Falafel King.

ZorroAMG
03-08-2009, 01:48 AM
hahaah fucker E36....shawarma was closed.

JordanAndrew
03-08-2009, 01:54 AM
Well I guess the owner had too much pride and couldn't take any constructive criticism. I find that most chefs turn into these douchebags and so it's probably a good idea to have a front of the house manager or a server leader to do the talking when dealing with customers. Either way, he shouldn't have done anything like that, now a lot of people will hear about this bad reputation and get turned away from the business. :facepalm:

E36M3
03-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Well then suicide bomb them and we won't have to worry about this thread.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
hahaah fucker E36....shawarma was closed.

Ebon
03-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Seriously, if the chicken was undercooked and he came out to defend it he deserved to be told off.

Salmonella :thumbsdow

I hope you got loud so a lot of people heard you and it hurts his business.

ZorroAMG
03-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by E36M3
Well then suicide bomb them and we won't have to worry about this thread.

Durka Durka. Act gary!! ACT!!!

Originally posted by Ebon
Seriously, if the chicken was undercooked and he came out to defend it he deserved to be told off.

Salmonella :thumbsdow

I hope you got loud so a lot of people heard you and it hurts his business.

Not super loud cause I wasn't feeling like a douche but people noticed when I said " you're fucking ridiculous, don't come out here again"

JordanAndrew
03-08-2009, 02:01 AM
Did you do anything else though to tick them off? Is there another reason why he would go out and confront you?

ZorroAMG
03-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Not at all. :) Had great appetizers, waitress was great...all other entrees were fine but I sent mine back...nothing weird...

Guy was fucking off his rocker coming up to me the way he did.

gatorade
03-08-2009, 03:58 AM
chicken is the worst thing to ever eat undercooked, that or pork lol

JEFFRIX
03-08-2009, 09:07 AM
you should've uppercut his fatass...

ZorroAMG
03-08-2009, 10:05 AM
He's not a chill guy

AE92_TreunoSC
03-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Really unprofessional, I'd hate to work with that bastard haha :nut:

jdmXSI
03-08-2009, 10:37 AM
that's surpising considering market conditions. You'd think that businesses would try to give exceptional service to retain happy customers. On a another thought, You didn't pay for the full meal did you?

SJW
03-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Australlian owner cooking greek food = fail 25 years or not.

96integra
03-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Holy shit.... 350lbs! Good for you to standing up to something like that. :thumbsup:

TACO.VIDAL
03-08-2009, 11:32 AM
www.ouzo.ca

GQBalla
03-08-2009, 11:37 AM
wow thats fucken sad...

can't believe the chef did that to you.

i woulda snapped too.

good on you though

ZorroAMG
03-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Yeah everyone (including me) was surprised I said anything to Andre the Douchebag.

No I didn't pay for the "chicken"....

Jlude
03-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Yeah everyone (including me) was surprised I said anything to Andre the Douchebag.

:rofl: :rofl:

dino_martini
03-09-2009, 09:58 PM
I enjoyed Broken Plate in Kensington last week. :dunno:

JAYMEZ
03-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Wow thats absolutely pathetic attitude from a cook. I would not like to go with that crap happening!

sputnik
03-10-2009, 07:12 AM
an uppercut as a reaction?

ZorroAMG
03-10-2009, 02:12 PM
An uppercut would have been nice except he was TOO CLOSE to get one in.

What a goof...

Ouzo Calgary is permanently off my restaurant list.

Gondi Stylez
03-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Overcooked chicken with an off texture? Strange. Was it pink or anything?

Either way though, that is not the way to treat a customer and good on you for holding your ground. Too bad that "Andre the douche" has been cooking for 25 years yet hasn't realized that unhappy customers = failure!

cancer man
03-12-2009, 03:04 AM
Glad to hear i'am not the only one that complains about that place.I took my wife there on her birthday and they gave us glasses with lipstick marks on them.when i mentioned it to
that flippin weirdo who sits you down ..he says say's nothing to worry about all glasses are sterilized.
at that point we got up and left.

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/health-inspections/SearchServlet?direct=alphaSearch&letter=O&name=&address=&municipality=&community=

DNSRadio
03-12-2009, 04:05 AM
love how the ouzo website is already asking you to book your christmas party there...

can someone say UPDATE?!?!?

LOL

van
03-12-2009, 07:00 AM
lol..wow and to think this guy sponsors the CPS soccer team haha

bubbley
03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
mykonos, broken plate, mannies FTW

wont be goin to ouzo...somebody should email him a link to this thread :rofl:

[email protected]

Eleanor
03-12-2009, 02:04 PM
You should've asked him to throw it back on the barbie ;)

Kona9
03-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
You should've asked him to throw it back on the barbie ;)

:clap:

The one and only time I went there I ordered the Souvlaki Burger. (not on the menu anymore I see)

:barf: It tasted like a large ball of seasoning salt with a sprinkle of meat flavor on it.

The only good thing about that place, are a few of the servers.

I almost went Blind trying to read the navy blue writing on the black background on their website menu! :nut:

SJW
03-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
mykonos, broken plate, mannies FTW

wont be goin to ouzo...somebody should email him a link to this thread :rofl:

[email protected]

Somebody should.

Gabe182
03-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Did you guys walk out, or finish the food first?

I cant fucking stand people like this, who the fuck are you to tell me off?

ZorroAMG
03-12-2009, 02:45 PM
No it was snowing and the rest of the party was hungry....besides they had eaten quite a bit before the "chef" came out to try and school me on greek australian cuisine.

Whatever...I won't ever go back and I hope they witness a slow down more than they already inevitably have.

Clueless.....

semograd
03-12-2009, 04:19 PM
who the fuck does this aussie think he is running a greek restaurant???

If i took my family there and that had happened with my mom around, that guy would have gotten a big fat greek slap not to mention a smashed plate over his head.

What a dump, I want to go there and complain about the chicken just to get into an argument with him. If you had given that complain to the owner and he was actually greek he would have started crying in shame.

Seriously:

-Mannies
-Spiros
-mykonos

Awesome Greek food, Awesome service.

ZorroAMG
03-12-2009, 08:32 PM
The worst part is I wasn't being all modded46 with the whole situation...it was totally out of left field...everyone including the server was stunned hahaha

Oh well....karma sucks.