PDA

View Full Version : Review: Sura Korean Restaurant

scboss
03-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Sura Korean Restaurant

2320 4th Street NW
Calgary, AB

(403) 569-1454

My girlfriend spotted this place a while ago and we recently went to try it out. It's close to 16 Ave NW, just across the street from the McDonalds on 4th St. It recently opened this year (2009). Small family run place with good food. Reservations recommended. Service was friendly.

We had the green onion egg pancake thing and it was pretty good but use the sauce sparingly, it's really salty. We also had the Beef, pork and chicken bulgogi, all very good. The cold side dishes are also all good. We've been to quite a few places and the best is still Bow Bulgogi on 17th but that's kind of a drive for us so we'll probably keep hitting up this place because it's nice and close. For comparison's sake, we thought Koreana on MacLeod was just ok.

Price wise, very reasonable in terms of Korean food. They have a really cheap lunch special too but we haven't had a chance to try that yet. It's a combo lunch for $10 I think.

I definitely recommend trying this place out, especially if you live in the North.

Food: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Overall: 4/5

CaptainReboot
03-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I pass by this place every day on my way to work downtown.

So I assume they cook for food for you, this isn't a Korean BBQ place right?

scboss
03-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by CaptainReboot
Thanks for the info. I pass by this place every day on my way to work downtown.

So I assume they cook for food for you, this isn't a Korean BBQ place right?

yeah they cook for you:thumbsup: