PDA

View Full Version : Spy Prescription Sunglasses

Dumbass17
03-08-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm trying to find somewhere in town (not just a vendor)
where I can order prescription sunglasses made by SPY.
I've looked on Spy's website but it's all places like spareparts, sportchek, mission etc.
I need to order and pay for these by thursday the 12th in order to use my benefits up before my last day of work haha

Please inform me of a store where I can order these from!!!

Amysicle
03-08-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm not sure if the Spy sunglasses are perscription friendly, but what you could do is purchase a frame that is perscription friendly from Spare Parts, Sportchek, etc. and then take them to a place like Visions, Lens Crafters and Iris to get the lenses put in.

I did that with my Klik frames because only a few places carry them but I wanted Nikon lenses which those places didn't do.

Edit: So after Googling "Spy Sunglasses", I found this: http://www.spyoptic.com/category/61856/RX_GLASSES

Those are the frames/styles that support perscription lenses and it looks like you could order them online in USD, but I don't know if they ship to Canada.

But if you want to deal locally, just buy one of the frames from the link above at one of these many locations:
http://www.spyoptic.com/dealers.php?country=CAN&state=AB&search=Search...&city=Calgary&zip=&radius=20&x=30&y=9

And take it to a real glasses store where they can cut and insert lenses to your specifications.

Dumbass17
03-09-2009, 10:53 AM
it's too sketchy to buy seperate lenses and frames because I need this all covered under my benefits.

i am on the spy website and it says my order is in canadian dollars and gives me a place to fax my order to, just unsure if my benefits will like this and cover/reimburse me!

Amysicle
03-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
it's too sketchy to buy seperate lenses and frames because I need this all covered under my benefits.

i am on the spy website and it says my order is in canadian dollars and gives me a place to fax my order to, just unsure if my benefits will like this and cover/reimburse me! I'd suggest e-mailing them so you have written record that someone from your health benefit insurance said you would be covered if you did it that way.

But since you have a deadline and it may take a few days for them to get back to you, I'd suggest giving them a call. Make sure to write down the person's name and the date and time you called in case insurance doesn't approve it even after they said it would so they can look into it if the conversation is recorded.

Ask if you get the frames and lenses separate, but have receipts to prove you purchased them both before the cut off date and it's itemized to show sunglasses here and lenses only on the other receipt.

Good luck!

Dumbass17
03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
yeah i called benefits
looks like i have to go to Optiks on 130th ave se and order them from there
stupid spy website says i can order them but need to fax my presciption in..then on another page it says to go to a dealer and not order online lol :dunno: