View Full Version : claiming ownership of a abandoned vehicles

dodgecamper
03-08-2009, 08:32 PM

Weapon_R
03-08-2009, 08:34 PM
lol is thread a joke?

TomcoPDR
03-08-2009, 08:34 PM
What if the owner of the empty lot is also the owner of the van?

Xtrema
03-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Didn't know salvage rule applies on land too..... :D

TACO.VIDAL
03-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Moehamed wouldnt approve.
No virgins for you.

CPS bust your cracker ass.

DNSRadio
03-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by dodgecamper
there is a old 1970-80 dodge tradesman b200 camper van that has bin next to my house in a empty lot, for a very long time. (over 2 months).

i would like to claim ownership over it because it a camper van and i bet i could get it working.

i don't know who owns the empty lot but i have meet the owner of the van however i have no way of conntaing him(he bin gone for over 2 months.).

is there a way to do this? also the cops checked it out 1 month ago and did nothing about it.

also can i move it into my driveway so it dose not get towed?(if the guy comes back i will charge him for storing his van.)

iz dont thinkz dat you bin da owner of da empty lotz nexts to yourz house.
so youz cant claims da dodges for youz mang.

kapeiche?

:bigpimp: :guns: :bigpimp:

dodgecamper
03-08-2009, 08:46 PM

drtoohotty1
make sure u remove the bodiez from the back yo, dat shit will stink if you leave it

Barking_Spidre
There's been this empty house next door for like, 2 months. Think I can claim it? It's pretty baller.

TomcoPDR
03-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Ok well what about the possibility that the van owner is friends with the lot owner, and the lot owner gave prior premission for that van to be parked there.

We can't answer much if it lack details, that's where we're coming from.

EK 2.0
03-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL

Moehamed wouldnt approve.
No virgins for you.

CPS bust your cracker ass.

What exactly is your problem??...What does your post in this thread have to do with anything??

Did you actually ready anything or??...

dodgecamper
03-08-2009, 08:53 PM

eblend
03-08-2009, 08:58 PM
so someone parked their van for 2 month...and you just want it to become yours??? WTF, seriously. Ever though that maybe its parked there as storage...until they come back...if it was over 2 years yah I can see it a little bit more of a possibility, but 2 month man...get real

ZenOps
03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Amazingly enough if a house has been abandoned for too long - there is a thing in Canada called squatter rights.

Its very similar to the UK squatters rights, which has on rare occasion - come up roses for bums.

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/buying_and_selling/article3763834.ece

Don't know about cars though.

But if you cybersquat .com addresses, others can sue you. I'm proud to say that on two .com's that I purchased - I got a threat to sue me for $200,000 + $500 US for each word that they deemed a trademark violation.

Hah - sued for something I own, the world has gone crazy.

Kloubek
03-08-2009, 09:01 PM
There's a GMC Jimmy in my condo complex I haven't seen move for about 3 weeks. It'd make an excellent winter vehicle I think. The owner clearly doesn't want it anymore, and I'm certain he's just give it to me.

Luckily, it's in front of the unit that owns it. I'll let you know how that works out...

dodgecamper
03-08-2009, 09:06 PM

TomcoPDR
03-08-2009, 09:14 PM

any idea on how to do this? the own dose not live on the lot or any ware near it.

Go to your local city's land title office and do a search on that address... Fees will apply. But if you don't have business with the property they might not let you. (i.e. buying the place, or bank giving mortgage to the owner)

Maybe try going to the registry (where you get your license plate) and see if there're any liens against the property. (Edit: where it might tell you who the owner of the mortgage are)

tjtd00
03-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Simple answer is no. You cannot just "claim" ownership.

You have no grounds for it. Just because someone is not using a vehicle at the time does not make it yours for the taking. Have you ever thought that maybe due to winter he is just storing it and will move it again come spring? Give your head a shake.

ZenOps
03-08-2009, 09:27 PM
It does make sense that if its on the public street for too long it will eventually become the property of the city.

bawlls
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
to answer your question:
suicide is the best option in this situation.

Tik-Tok
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM

also can i move it into my driveway so it dose not get towed?(if the guy comes back i will charge him for storing his van.)

So, you want to move it onto your driveway, without the owners permission... then charge him for storing it on your driveway, even though he never put it there in the first place?

Seriously man, if you're trying to compete with impound lots, don't bother, the government hates competition.

badatusrnames
03-08-2009, 09:35 PM

This puts it over the top :rofl:

I'm going to do this with my neighbors car... Won't she be surprised when she gets a bill dropped off in her mailbox. She'll have no choice but to pay me for storage!! Genius!

How does $5/minute for storage fees sound? It's not like she has any choice, her car was being stored in my driveway and I set the rates.

dodgecamper
03-08-2009, 09:39 PM
whatever i have found two names to try and see if there are the owner of the lot.

right now i will just lien the bastard that own the van.

:closed: :whocares: :banghead: :banghead:

badatusrnames
03-08-2009, 09:43 PM
whatever i have found two names to try and see if there are the owner of the lot.

right now i will just lien the bastard that own the van.

:closed: :whocares: :banghead: :banghead:

You don't own the lot, you don't know who exactly owns the van, but you're going to take out a lien on the vehicle?

thinmyster
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
:facepalm:

dodgecamper
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

You don't own the lot, you don't know who exactly owns the van, but you're going to take out a lien on the vehicle?

i have the name of the owner of the van thanks to a cop and he stolen electricity from me, so as far as i'm consed he owes me 467.76 i don't know the lots owner, yet.

so fuck you.

DNSRadio
03-08-2009, 10:16 PM
are youz froms an islands?
yours garmerz is wack yo.

canuckcarguy
03-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Is there a "best of beyond", the same way there's a "best of craigslist"? This thread is seriously hilarious.

Please, please, please, dodgecamper guy, stick around and post more. You rock.

BlackArcher101
03-08-2009, 10:34 PM
I think this guy needs mental help ASAP.

D'z Nutz
03-08-2009, 10:36 PM

i have the name of the owner of the van thanks to a cop and he stolen electricity from me, so as far as i'm consed he owes me 467.76 i don't know the lots owner, yet.

so fuck you.

I think he stolen grammar from you too.

Xtrema
03-08-2009, 10:51 PM

so fuck you.

Sounds like some serious trailer park drama.

barmanjay
03-08-2009, 10:57 PM
OP have relatives in nigeria by any chance?

ee2k
03-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by barmanjay
OP have relatives in nigeria by any chance?

Come on barmanjay. Had that been the case, he would have posted something about him renting the van from you with the idea that you would somehow be the rightful owner, given that you send a $2K name transferring fee that he has to cover through Barclay's Bank and that the proceeds would total 4 million as he will also have you in on a family wealth that he sure would like to only give to you as he is currently serving the medikal community through the Power of the Lord in Siera Leon and will mail you the keys which he has with him once you give him your personal information including bank account number and he also has a good feel for your genuineness that he has come to learn as he is a missionary with his wife and ... [Oh man, no wonder I cannot do Nigerian scams, too time consuming to write these up. ]

Boy is the OP must be kicking himself so hard this evening. Perhaps I should set up his post as my signature ...

Eleanor
03-09-2009, 09:30 AM
:rofl:

Good job grabbing the quote before he edited DNSRadio :thumbsup:

Super_Geo
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
i have the name of the owner of the van thanks to a cop and he stolen electricity from me, so as far as i'm consed he owes me 467.76

Sweet, I hope you get your $467... so you can invest it here (http://www.cbe.ab.ca/programs/prog-esl.asp).

em2ab
03-09-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm starting to put this together. He's pissed off at the van for plugging into his place an stealing electricity so he made up this lame thread to see if he could get it towed.

barmanjay
03-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by ee2k

Come on barmanjay. Had that been the case, he would have posted something about him renting the van from you with the idea that you would somehow be the rightful owner, given that you send a $2K name transferring fee that he has to cover through Barclay's Bank and that the proceeds would total 4 million as he will also have you in on a family wealth that he sure would like to only give to you as he is currently serving the medikal community through the Power of the Lord in Siera Leon and will mail you the keys which he has with him once you give him your personal information including bank account number and he also has a good feel for your genuineness that he has come to learn as he is a missionary with his wife and ... [Oh man, no wonder I cannot do Nigerian scams, too time consuming to write these up. ]

Boy is the OP must be kicking himself so hard this evening. Perhaps I should set up his post as my signature ...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

just made my morning :D

ZorroAMG
03-09-2009, 10:53 AM

so fuck you.

What does consed mean? I always like learning new words.

EK 2.0
03-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

What does consed mean? I always like learning new words.

Multi-Grain...come on...I KNOW you are smarter than this...

"Consed" - interested or affected: "consed" citizens, having a connection or involvement; participating: They arrested all those "consed" in the kidnapping.

please Multi-Grain...think before you post...:D

DayGlow
03-09-2009, 11:19 AM
how does a block heater pull $467 electricty in 2 months?

Don't know about you, but I would just unplug it myself.

Hakkola
03-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I thought people this crazy were afraid of the internets.

dr_jared88
03-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Wow, this thread just made my day. I have seen some stupid people post on beyond before but this guy might take the cake!

n1zm0
03-09-2009, 11:56 AM

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/2/8/633697099562348108-imnotafraidofthem.jpg

dodgecamper, may i ask, do you have your JH diploma? did you go through a normal canadian school system like the rest of us? lol cause I think i've lost a couple of brain cells reading all of your posts.

kertejud2
03-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
how does a block heater pull $467 electricty in 2 months?

Don't know about you, but I would just unplug it myself.

But why would you unplug such an amazing source of income?

Just imagine if he got to charge it for storage AND electricity. The City of Calgary has a lot to learn from this guy. Plug in all the cars at the impound lot and let the extra cash roll in.

nonlinear
04-05-2009, 06:55 PM
oops :rofl:

jsn
04-06-2009, 12:31 AM
how did i miss this thread? This guy is hilarious.

gatorade
04-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Hey is this the return of the skitso guy?, this thread and his responses sound so stupid, I think he is made a return

arian_ma
04-06-2009, 01:33 AM
Speechless.