PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Bullshit

Supa Dexta
03-08-2009, 10:27 PM
So I try and log in to my paypal and it wanted me to update info.. Everything went thru except my phone number, I don't even have a landline anymore, and it won't take a cell... So wtf! It's locked me out of using my account, until I submit a landline number.. I tried to trick it with another number, but it knew it wasn't registered to my address... :rolleyes:

roopi
03-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Seems odd. I've only used a cell number with Paypal and I actually updated the number yesterday with no issues.

EK 2.0
03-09-2009, 10:05 AM
What is the number that you used on the credit card application that was/is attached to the paypal account??...

I would use that one...

Kavy
03-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I am having the same drama somewhat

I want to switch my credit card on the account to a different one with a lower limit to prevent haxx but it won't accept the change either.

I just curled up in a ball in the corner and cried myself to sleep.

Eleanor
03-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
What is the number that you used on the credit card application that was/is attached to the paypal account??... This.

I had the same issue, credit card info didn't match PayPal info.

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-09-2009, 05:56 PM
I have much worse problems with them and my bank, rbc.

I had $5000 sitting in there (verified user for at least 5 years). Then all of the sudden my bank account got deleted... I tried to set it up again, it didn't let me. Call up paypal, they said your bank is refusing the 2 cent deposits to verify the account.

After 3 months, of trying to set it up manually with paypal on the phone. I gave up. They kept telling me to fax in documents. Fax it in, then they say they got the faxes, but no one has set it up 'we will get it setup, call back in a week. We will contact the bank'.

5G locked up, I had to sell the money in there to friends to use up the balance.

Supa Dexta
03-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I hate paypal, but they are really the only option... As for the number attached to it, I don't have my landline anymore.. So it asked to update address/phone number and password... And took everything except the number, the old number is no longer current, and I don't even have an apartment or landline right now.. I'm still using the old address, it's just the number part its stuck on.. I'm going to try and change the address to my parents in NS, but then it probably won't like the address since it won't match my visa. :rolleyes:

EDIT... wtf... Now I log in tonight and it's saying my location is in question, they have mailed a letter to me with an access code...... This seems pretty sketchy, since last night it was my phone number in question..

revelations
03-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Ya I've had random "issues" with paypal also - sounds familiar.... I had a flag on my account due to some "strange" purchases they said..... not.

I removed my bank account from paypal once my account was re-verified.

I got one of those numerical key passes now, nice to have that extra layer of basically unbeatable security.