PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Dealer???

2.2vtec
03-09-2009, 06:22 AM
Has anyone been on Kijiji and noticed a diamond dealer operating out of his home? He goes by Diamonds by Dave.

Here is a link to some of his ad's and his prices are really good! BUT I'm wondering if its actually legit and if anyone has heard anything about him.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-jewellery-watches-Loose-Certified-Diamonds-at-Low-Prices-NW-Calgary-W0QQAdIdZ105823950

eblend
03-09-2009, 08:34 AM
bluenile.ca.....actually legit and cheap

R-Audi
03-09-2009, 09:11 AM
As long as you get a reputable certification you should be fine.... and then get it appraised.

em2ab
03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I know another diamond dealer as well if you're interested and want to be 100% sure you won't get scammed. He does Canadian diamonds only.

Weapon_R
03-09-2009, 09:59 AM
lol sounds LEGIT.

R-Audi
03-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I personally dont feel there is much difference in quality based on where the diamond is from, and what I have been told is once the stone has been cut and certified, there is no way of knowing exactly where it is from. ( May be different with Canadian diamonds as I beleive they have a unique etching..)

I bought my stone from a wholesaler in Cape Town... came with all proper certifications and had an appraiser check them out.. I ended up with an appriasal worth 3k more then what I paid for the stone!

2.2vtec
03-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I'll check out bluenile but for those that used other dealers please pm with their contact info cause I would like to shop around.

Wrath
03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
www.nuvostyle.com

I bought My wife engagement ring from Gen and our wedding sets....Great guy (He is the General Manager from Spence Diamonds)

deltagamma
10-29-2009, 01:34 PM
I was referred to Diamonds By Dave by a really close friend - who bought a diamond from him in Feb 2008. He bought a half-carat emerald VS2/G cut in platinum for $1,400 - the diamond came with a certification by one of those big diamond grading companies. After he bought it, he went to have it appraised and it was valued at over $4,000.

Why not then - I was pretty impressed too - I bought a 0.74ct princess cut stone in 14k white gold for $2,300 - the stone was GIA certified and laser inscribed too. I also had it appraised, and it came back valued at over $5,200.

What can I say, he was great - knowledgeable and CHEAP too! I've passed a few buddies his way as well...same results from a couple of them too.

Not a scam IMHO.

Supa Dexta
10-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Dave?^

Odd how a new member comes along, just to answer this question.

deltagamma
10-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Derek

beyond_ban
10-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by deltagamma
Derek

Oh i think i know you. I went by this place called Diamonds by Dave and you were the one at the front desk? Right?

npham
10-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by deltagamma
I was referred to Diamonds By Dave by a really close friend - who bought a diamond from him in Feb 2008. He bought a half-carat emerald VS2/G cut in platinum for $1,400 - the diamond came with a certification by one of those big diamond grading companies. After he bought it, he went to have it appraised and it was valued at over $4,000.

Why not then - I was pretty impressed too - I bought a 0.74ct princess cut stone in 14k white gold for $2,300 - the stone was GIA certified and laser inscribed too. I also had it appraised, and it came back valued at over $5,200.

What can I say, he was great - knowledgeable and CHEAP too! I've passed a few buddies his way as well...same results from a couple of them too.

Not a scam IMHO.

This is way too blatant...you have to at least try to not sound like you are working/affiliated with Diamonds by Dave.

Kritafo
10-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Wrath
www.nuvostyle.com

I bought My wife engagement ring from Gen and our wedding sets....Great guy (He is the General Manager from Spence Diamonds)

Nice rings...but I hate the price by request thing I want to see numbers

Shaun Schmall
10-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Really? you're kidding right? you wanna buy a diamond from some guy operating out of his house?
And I'm sorry but blue nile? why would you want to give your credit card over the phone to some guy in call centre that doesn't even have the diamonds there to see.

When was the last time you bought a part and you got the wrong thing and then you get a hassle to send it back or get warranty. I still remember when I had my 33 Chevy and I needed a tail light and it took 4 tries to get the right one because they kept sending me parts from ford and who the hell knows where else. Don't you think that happens with diamonds too? I can tell you it does...I've seen lots of buddies get screwed with blue nile. They're prices aren't cheap, they just have cheap quality diamonds.

Go see some diamonds in person because you really need to see it if you want to see how the diamond performs.

beyond_ban
10-29-2009, 03:42 PM
^^ Derek? Are you fighting yourself?