PDA

View Full Version : dilemma

tegdream
10-14-2003, 02:30 PM
i recently purchased a Clarion vrx 630 (deck/screen) which just has am/fm and the tv and a 6disc dvd/cd etc changer, i have not installed it yet since i mite be getting another car,

now say the headunit has 2 sets of outs, and i wanna run 3 amps ( one for each sub and one for the speakers) i cannot do this correct? would i be forced to switch to a 2 amp setup?

also if i were to hhook up playstation, what would go where (audio/video) connections wise?

civiclvr
10-14-2003, 03:28 PM
use a Y splitter on the RCA set that are going to the sub amp.. so it's the same signal just more "sets" however it will lower the output of your RCA's but that should be ok for such a new deck.
as for the PS.. just a guess but there should be a audio in/video in for RCA's on the deck.... isn't there? should be a straight plug in!
hope i helps a bit

rage2
10-14-2003, 03:39 PM
Since the VRX630 doesn't have a built in crossover, you would probably want to buy an active one since you're putting subs in the car. In which case, the crossover would take your 4 inputs, and split them into 4 High Freq outputs, and 2 (or 4 depending on the crossover) Low Freq outputs. You don't want to feed full range signals to the subs (reduces efficiency), nor do you want to feed full range to the amp powering your normal speakers (less max. db before distortion).

Some amps have built in crossovers, but I prefer to have one before the amps. That way I know the signal is split at the exact frequencies for both high and low.

As for PS2 input, does it have RCA inputs for the optional TV tuner? Or does it use a proprietary plug?

tegdream
10-14-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by rage2

As for PS2 input, does it have RCA inputs for the optional TV tuner? Or does it use a proprietary plug?

explain to me again, i didnt understand this last part?

but thanks for the rest of the help!

12V
10-14-2003, 11:22 PM
your screen will have an "input" for external sources, thats what you hook your PS2 to, both amps for the subs need only one RCA output, you can use either a splitter, or atleast on of the amps should have a "pass though" output on it.

Kiwani
10-22-2003, 10:37 PM
well u see i have checked out the deck u are talkin about and it does have RCA imputs for a tv tuner and the ps2 shouldn't be too hard to install i could even do that for u but as for your two subs i think a y splitter should do the trick