PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run! March 7th during that crazy snowstorm

chook
03-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey just seeing if we can nail someone on a hit and run... It would help me out quite a bit!
So this is what happened...
Driving along Memorial Drive, right around Deerfoot Trail/28th St when some big white truck clips the back of my car. I am driving a maroon Toyota Corolla Levin RHD and the truck was probably a bigger Dodge Ram/F150.
This all happened at 11:40pm on March 7th during that snowstorm.
I tried to follow the truck to get a license plate but he ran a bunch of red lights through Deerfoot and was also in a truck...

So if anyone happened to see this or has any more info on it I'd love to hear it.
Also if you happen to know that your douchebag neighbour has a dent on the front of his driver side of his white truck that HAPPENS to have maroon paint on it, let me know!

black_radiation
03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
don't take this offensively but there is probably over 1000 white dodge or F150's in calgary at least. Was it lifted? how many doors? dually or single rear wheels. Anything that could narrow down your search? when someone hit and run my black lifted ram the only thing I had to go on was that it was a big lifted truck and red... there was 5 of them that lived around me and even then I still couldn't find enough evidence....

chook
03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Haha!
You bring up a good point... and I don't doubt there are a ton of those trucks around...
Honestly I couldn't really tell you anything more seeing how visibility that night was almost zero...
I figured I'd post just in case someone may have something...
You never know right?

drewb
03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
How did he run red lights through deer foot? Last time I checked there are no traffic lights on deer foot...

SR240SX
03-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by drewb
How did he run red lights through deer foot? Last time I checked there are no traffic lights on deer foot...

deerfoot...

InLoveWitRSX
03-10-2009, 01:34 PM
he prolly meant running the red lights going onto deerfoot

Kennyredline
03-10-2009, 01:37 PM
....and yet another asshole in a pickup....

black_radiation
03-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by chook
Haha!
You bring up a good point... and I don't doubt there are a ton of those trucks around...
Honestly I couldn't really tell you anything more seeing how visibility that night was almost zero...
I figured I'd post just in case someone may have something...
You never know right?

True, and yeah I was out driving in that shit too... I couldn't see the end of my hood in that shit when I was going down deerfoot. It was like someone hit a switch. It went from zero to shitstorm from hell in about 11 seconds. I remember being on 16th ave going to a party around 8:30 and I turned off 16th onto edmonton trail to go down 17th and it was fine when I turned but as soon as I got a block down 17th it came in like a motherfucker.

Do you think there was any noticeable damage to his vehicle?

chook
03-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah it was pretty nuts man! Everyone was driving really slow expect for this guy... Thinks that because he's in a truck he in invincible... Lol!
I am guessing there is damage to his truck since he wrote off my car... :P
My car is a maroon colour, I'm guessing there would be some paint along with some scratches and dents in the front driver side of his truck.

hampstor
03-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Did you report it to the police?

He can't take it in to get repaired since shops don't repair damage >$1k without an accident sticker and generally report it as well.

71/454
03-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
....and yet another asshole in a pickup.... :facepalm: ...and yet another useless post by kennyredline

atgilchrist
03-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by 71/454
:facepalm: ...and yet another useless post by kennyredline

Followed by another useless post to bump a 2 week old thread. :facepalm:

A790
03-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by atgilchrist

Followed by another useless post to bump a 2 week old thread. :facepalm:
Zing.

ClearBluewater
03-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Might as well just keep it going now?

legendboy
03-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by chook

I am guessing there is damage to his truck since he wrote off my car... :P

Doubt it. The insurance value on your car is probably $100-400. It wouldn't take much to write it off.