PDA

View Full Version : Crossing the street in a crosswalk lately is crazy, what's the deal Calgary

m10-power
03-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Seriously wtf, everytime I try to cross the street in a crosswalk I have to dodge the assholes that can't be bothered to stop, or even slow up. Is this just me? maybe it's the black coat...

I always stop for pedestrians, in crosswalks, hell in this temperature anyone crossing anywhere gets stopped for.

I'm going to have to start carrying rocks.

JAYMEZ
03-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Hmmm wait for the cars to stop.. I hate when people think they can just walk and expect cars in slippy conditions to stop on a dime.. Ive actually never in the world seen so many stupid pedestrians who think they can just walk whenever the hell they want.

m10-power
03-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Hmmm wait for the cars to stop.. I hate when people think they can just walk and expect cars in slippy conditions to stop on a dime.. Ive actually never in the world seen so many stupid pedestrians who think they can just walk whenever the hell they want.

Sure, you'd be waiting all day if you did that, usually crossing 2 lanes each way you get the first lane to stop then move out and wait for the next lane.

Thanks for the "I'm 5" advice regarding waiting for them to stop though ;)

I do agree with people walking without looking, see it all the time, combined with more and more not slowing or stopping means more incidents/deaths.

theken
03-09-2009, 08:33 PM
i hate when pedestrians start walking when the hand is flashing downtown, it is the only time a car has time to turn before the light goes yellow and people start walking, i almost hit a guy when i was driving my semi cause i started turning and he started running across the street. fuck i hate those idiots then they yell at you like your the one to blame cause they don't remember the ol walk on guy walking dont start if hand flashing

rx7boi
03-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by theken
i hate when pedestrians start walking when the hand is flashing downtown, it is the only time a car has time to turn before the light goes yellow and people start walking, i almost hit a guy when i was driving my semi cause i started turning and he started running across the street. fuck i hate those idiots then they yell at you like your the one to blame cause they don't remember the ol walk on guy walking dont start if hand flashing

:werd:

Remember children, the flashing hand means you finish crossing if you're already on the road, not "o snap ya gots 5 moar secondz to haul ass, yo!"

buh_buh
03-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm in a car that's bigger than you. Therefore you yield to me. If you don't want to, we can play chicken.

YamahaV8
03-09-2009, 09:37 PM

:werd: I absolutely fucking hate pedestrians downtown that do this. It is just ignorance to the rules of the road. They get a, "I have the right of way" superiority complex that needs a stiff front bumper to cure it. :banghead:

96integra
03-09-2009, 09:46 PM
What the hell is a pedestrian? :burnout:

Team_Mclaren
03-09-2009, 09:50 PM
in any other part of the world you wouldve been dead already. seriously

86max
03-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Pedestrians have too many rights here. I will never expect cars to stop for me unless totally necessary, like if it's a crosswalk on a busy street that has flashing markers above it. If there isn't an opportunity to cross without interrupting traffic flow, I will simply walk a block or so until I get to an intersection. A lot of pedestrians here think they rule the road and just walk out into a street in the middle of the night and expect everyone to stop on a dime. Or they doddle through a crosswalk during rush hour then start yelling at the guy trying to get out of the intersection so he doesn't get hit by perpindicular traffic after the light has changed.

When I'm a pedestrian, I accept the fact that it's harder for cars to stop than it is just for me to wait a few seconds until it's clear. I guess it's a courtesy I thought would be more common. And if there ever was an accident, who do you think is going to hurt more? Self preservation should be keeping people in line, but instead there's all these pansy laws to protect people who think "look both ways before crossing" is a thing of the past. They're often too busy browsing facebook on their iPhone to care whats going on around them, or too self-absorbed to even think about how their actions affect others.

rumeo
03-09-2009, 10:02 PM

QFT...especially on center street!!:banghead:

chkolny541
03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
wow, there seems to be alot of inconsideration regarding crosswalks here, im not the pedistrian that just walks without checking both ways, and i also understand the slick conditions outside. But people really dont have courtesy for pedistrians anymore, i cant even count the number of times that ive been walking through a crosswalk with my dogs (at least 10 feet into the crosswalk already) and some impatient jerk decides to drive around me n my dogs (my dogs are small, it would be easy for them to get hit in this case) instead of stopping for 5 seconds for me to get to the other side

m10-power
03-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Lol responses above tell me why it's so hard to cross a road. Maybe driver licenses should be harder to get, perhaps knowing the rules of the road would be a good start. I know too much to ask from the entitlement generation...

This is Canada not other places in the world. But thanks seriously.

I'm not crossing on a flashing don't walk while your trying to turn, yes that pisses me off too. Just simply trying to get across a road at a marked crosswalk.

Love the typical beyonder responses though, entertaining.

narou
03-09-2009, 11:06 PM
some of the crosswalks in this city have the white guy for 1 sec and then the yellow hand for like 20 years...

Should you
A stand at the curb like a retard for the next 45 seconds

or

b make your way across the road way

Dumbass17
03-09-2009, 11:08 PM
i think it's a combo of slippery roads, dark jackets, poor lighting and the fact that everyone has iced up windows

2EFNFAST
03-10-2009, 01:59 AM
I pay my taxes to use the roadways. Stay off them and GTF out of my way. Thanks :)

Akagi Redsuns
03-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by narou
some of the crosswalks in this city have the white guy for 1 sec and then the yellow hand for like 20 years...

Should you

or

If I'm the guy freezing outside, I'm crossing regardless what the little hand says. If the light is green, I'm crossing the street. Sorry.

If I'm in my comfy heated car listening to tunes, I wait for the yellow. Not a big deal and not worth my time to get all frustrated and wanting to run over people.

Originally posted by m10-power
Seriously wtf, everytime I try to cross the street in a crosswalk I have to dodge the assholes that can't be bothered to stop, or even slow up. Is this just me? maybe it's the black coat...

I always stop for pedestrians, in crosswalks, hell in this temperature anyone crossing anywhere gets stopped for.

I'm going to have to start carrying rocks.

I noticed this a long time ago. I just attribute it to that people just can't be bothered to pay attention and to be considerate. Be it people crossing the street, street signs, hell even traffic lights some drivers can't be bothered to pay attention and couple that with the "me me me" mentality you see on the roads and complete lack of consideration.......and welcome to roads of Calgary.

YamahaV8
03-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by narou

Should you

or

A

Look don't get me wrong. If the pedestrian has the walking man symbol up I gladly wait until he/she is done their street cross. But when someone starts crossing on the flashing hand it is a blatant disregard for the rules of the road. Sorry, but you should wait until it is your turn again.

YamahaV8
03-10-2009, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

If I'm the guy freezing outside, I'm crossing regardless what the little hand says. If the light is green, I'm crossing the street. Sorry.

If I'm in my comfy heated car listening to tunes, I wait for the yellow. Not a big deal and not worth my time to get all frustrated and wanting to run over people.

Hey just like you I got places to be. Cross when it is your turn and right to do so and let the vehicles go when it is their turn. The flashing hand means wait for the next light if you have not started crossing already. Sorry.

Aleks
03-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

If you do end up getting hit while the walk signal hasn't been activated at all (ie press the button on some intersections) does that mean you pay for the damages your body causes to the car?

YamahaV8
03-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

If you do end up getting hit while the walk signal hasn't been activated at all (ie press the button on some intersections) does that mean you pay for the damages your body causes to the car?

:werd: Maybe they should carry pedestrian insurance.

core_upt
03-10-2009, 08:32 AM
As a driver you have an obligation to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk. The fine is $575.00 and four demerits for failing to do so. The fine also applied for failing to stop when another vehicle is stopped at a cross walk. Alberta rules for Alberta roads - the 'you'd be dead anywhere else' argument is weak and not applicable here.

As a pedestrian, you are much better off assuring all traffic sees you and has stopped - you aren't going to come out any better assuming traffic will stop for you.

Drivers should also take the two seconds to wait for a pedestrian to cross curb to curb - it serves as a good alert to on-coming traffic that there is something happening a the intersection.

Pedestrians enter the intersection on a flashing hand I *think* are subject to jaywalking but I can't find the bylaw on it.

Eleanor
03-10-2009, 09:06 AM
If I'm crossing, I usually just make eye contact with the drivers before stepping out on the road. Most of the time they'll stop for me.

I don't walk around DT that much though.

atgilchrist
03-10-2009, 09:26 AM
DT, you pretty much have to run across on a flashing hand sometimes, otherwise you will spend your life standing on the corner.

Lots of intersections DT have advance turning greens for drivers, so I don't think it's too unfair either way.

Kona9
03-10-2009, 09:36 AM
I too can not stand when people step out while the hand is already flashing. If I am trying to turn and it is MY right of way...I go regardless. If it is obvious I am going to make contact with the jaywalker, then I go about it in a dramtic way. I see them, I go, but abruptly stop. Await their reaction, and continue reminding them of when they were 5 and what the hand and the man mean.

On the other hand I do my best to always look ahead while driving in order to prepare myself for upcoming traffic slows (buses, slow drivers, pedestrians etc) The amount of times that I stop for a pedestrian and the oncoming vehicle does not look like they are stopping, or don't even stop, is pretty sad. A lot of People don't pay atttention here. I end up flashing my lights in order to get their attention with high hopes they will stop. Sometimes that does not even work. Or when you have stopped but someone coming up in the lane beside you is yet again, not paying attention, I end up slowly moving my truck into their lane so they have no choice but to stop. Better my truck then an unsuspecting pedestrian.

86max
03-10-2009, 10:18 AM
The road would be a better and safer place if everyone was just more courteous. You see a pedestrian wanting to cross, stop for them. You see a single car coming down the street, wait a few seconds until they pass to cross. You get the walk sign, make an effort to cross in a timely manner so that traffic can move through the intersection as well.

Sure there are asshole drivers, and asshole pedestrians, but both are equally as bad as eachother. I walk the dog every day and can't even remember the last time I had a close encounter with a car, I don't put myself in situations for it to happen. I either wait for a gap in traffic, or do what Eleanor said and make eye contact with the drivers and they will stop. If you don't respect drivers, how do you expect them to respect you. Perhaps throw rocks at them....or even my dog's shit. That seems like the fun and mature thing to do, I'm entitled to cross the road whenever I want.

japan_us
03-10-2009, 10:27 AM
If there are red-light cams for vehicles, there will one day be flashing-hand cams for pedestrians. Step into the crosswalk when the hand is flashing and BANG! - picture taken. ;)

We'd all have to wear plates on our backs though.

khtm
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Lol responses above tell me why it's so hard to cross a road. Maybe driver licenses should be harder to get, perhaps knowing the rules of the road would be a good start. I know too much to ask from the entitlement generation...

This is Canada not other places in the world. But thanks seriously.

I'm not crossing on a flashing don't walk while your trying to turn, yes that pisses me off too. Just simply trying to get across a road at a marked crosswalk.

Love the typical beyonder responses though, entertaining.
I love how you talk from your ivory tower about driver's license restrictions, yet you think cars should stop for jaywalkers at non crosswalk locations, if the weather is cold (WTF?).

Give your head a shake.

badatusrnames
03-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

:werd: Or, people that assume the absolute stranger controlling 4000lbs of metal hurtling towards them is going to see them and come to a stop. Just because a vehicle is supposed to yield for you, doesn't mean that it can or will.

That being said, there are a lot of jackasses that definitely just fly through crosswalks when people are trying to cross.

Thanks for the "I'm 5" advice regarding waiting for them to stop though ;)

Unfortunately quite a few grown adults need this advice. Common sense isn't always so common.

Kona9
03-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by japan_us
If there are red-light cams for vehicles, there will one day be flashing-hand cams for pedestrians. Step into the crosswalk when the hand is flashing and BANG! - picture taken. ;)

We'd all have to wear plates on our backs though.

You plan on wearing a license plate on your ass so they have somewhere to mail the ticket? Or do you think the micro ID chips they are going to install in us will be scannable by the Flashing Orange Hand? ;)

kevie88
03-10-2009, 10:40 AM
This thread is insane.. I can't believe most of you think you have the right of way over a pedestrian!

As long as he has the walk signal (right up till the hand flashes) you stop. Period.

If your excuse is that you can't stop, well then you were driving too fast for conditions and have just run a red light. How is that magically ok?

D_flore
03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 86max
Pedestrians have too many rights here. I will never expect cars to stop for me unless totally necessary, like if it's a crosswalk on a busy street that has flashing markers above it. If there isn't an opportunity to cross without interrupting traffic flow, I will simply walk a block or so until I get to an intersection. A lot of pedestrians here think they rule the road and just walk out into a street in the middle of the night and expect everyone to stop on a dime. Or they doddle through a crosswalk during rush hour then start yelling at the guy trying to get out of the intersection so he doesn't get hit by perpindicular traffic after the light has changed.

When I'm a pedestrian, I accept the fact that it's harder for cars to stop than it is just for me to wait a few seconds until it's clear. I guess it's a courtesy I thought would be more common. And if there ever was an accident, who do you think is going to hurt more? Self preservation should be keeping people in line, but instead there's all these pansy laws to protect people who think "look both ways before crossing" is a thing of the past. They're often too busy browsing facebook on their iPhone to care whats going on around them, or too self-absorbed to even think about how their actions affect others.

2nd

Ntense_SpecV
03-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
As long as he has the walk signal (right up till the hand flashes) you stop. Period.

No shit - Try explaining to a cop that you didn’t feel like yielding to a pedestrian so you could make your left/ or right turn after hitting them in a marked crosswalk – “but, but the hand was flashing officer.”

The only time that I had a hard time seeing a pedestrian is just yesterday on Southland drive as there were 4 lanes and the person is crossing from the farthest lane from my sight and I had a vehicle turning ahead of me into the flow of traffic. My attention was of the car turning and I was slowing down so that he had ample time to gain traction and seeing the Truck beside me stop for the pedestrian. I still was able to stop well in advance but it was a quick reaction that was needed to stop for the pedestrian.

japan_us
03-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Kona9

... Or do you think the micro ID chips they are going to install in us will be scannable by the Flashing Orange Hand? ;)

Much better idea! Once all those speed on green cams are fully active, this will be next.

kenny
03-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by core_upt
As a driver you have an obligation to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk. The fine is $575.00 and four demerits for failing to do so. The fine also applied for failing to stop when another vehicle is stopped at a cross walk. Alberta rules for Alberta roads - the 'you'd be dead anywhere else' argument is weak and not applicable here.

Just to ensure pedestrians don't get overconfident that drivers will stop because of the threat of a big fine:

The fine for failing to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk requires that the pedestrian is on the actual roadway (thats where the crosswalk is). If they're still on the side of the road and you cannot stop in time, you are okay to proceed through. If you get ticketed for failing to stop for a pedestrian and the pedestrian was not on the road, go fight it. This ticket is fucking expensive.

Likewise, if you are a pedestrian and you are approaching a crosswalk you are required to stop and signal to the driver that you intend to cross the road. If you don't give the driver a reasonable amount of time to stop before you cross the road and get hit, the driver will not be responsible and you'll be dead.

core_upt
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Just to ensure pedestrians don't get overconfident that drivers will stop because of the threat of a big fine:

The fine for failing to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk requires that the pedestrian is on the actual roadway (thats where the crosswalk is). If they're still on the side of the road and you cannot stop in time, you are okay to proceed through. If you get ticketed for failing to stop for a pedestrian and the pedestrian was not on the road, go fight it. This ticket is fucking expensive.

Likewise, if you are a pedestrian and you are approaching a crosswalk you are required to stop and signal to the driver that you intend to cross the road. If you don't give the driver a reasonable amount of time to stop before you cross the road and get hit, the driver will not be responsible and you'll be dead.

Good to know. And yes, clear intent for a person to cross is always nice. I hate seeing people gather at a corner staring at traffic; then when you stop for them, they look at you like you're retarded as they weren't planning on crossing. Happens every night to me around 3rd Ave downtown..... fuuuuucccckkkk! JK

Eleanor
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by 86max
The road would be a better and safer place if everyone was just more courteous. You see a pedestrian wanting to cross, stop for them. You see a single car coming down the street, wait a few seconds until they pass to cross. You get the walk sign, make an effort to cross in a timely manner so that traffic can move through the intersection as well. Expecting people to do things for the common good out of the kindness of their heart, or god forbid use common sense. Go back to Sweden you commie :guns:

:D

YamahaV8
03-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Expecting people to do things for the common good out of the kindness of their heart, or god forbid use common sense. Go back to Sweden you commie :guns:

:D

Sweden is a democracy. :D

SilverGS
03-10-2009, 01:16 PM
I think we all realize the rant is for those who don't follow the rules.

I have no problem with pedestrians who follows the signs and rules to cross at a crosswalks. It gets frustrating when you have pedestrians who start running across the road when the flashing hand is on or the timer is at 1. This is most apparent during rush hour when you have very little time to turn due to tons of people getting off work. You wait for the crowd to cross, start to make your turn only to have some fool start running across because he figures he can beat that 2 seconds left on the timer. So many times I see only one car make it through because pedestrians are not following the rules.

Akagi Redsuns
03-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Oh yes, all you can think about is your precious car. Who cares about the life you damage because of your impatience. I get you. I'm a jerk so I deserve it right?

AE92_TreunoSC
03-10-2009, 03:47 PM
I dont cross a flashing hand signal unless I know no one is turning left or right.

If all is clear and traffic is bare I'll cross as long as that light is green.

I have to sit and watch bums cross memorial from edmonton trail south, and it pisses me off how they saunter across while my traffic light is going yellow... so I like to get super close to them, just enough to scare them a tiny bit.

m10-power
03-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by khtm

I love how you talk from your ivory tower about driver's license restrictions, yet you think cars should stop for jaywalkers at non crosswalk locations, if the weather is cold (WTF?).

Give your head a shake.

Lol, I'll climb down to tell you you're an idiot, why should I give my head a shake? for stopping while someone is crossing the road illegally in the freezing weather. Not a big deal to slow or stop nor is it illegal (again back to the basics with your license), if they get a ticket that is their problem.

Nothing to do with restrictions on licenses, go back and read again slower. Whole matter is obvious from the responses in this thread, people don't know the rules of the road yet have licenses. Sounds like something is wrong with the system doesn't it.

theken
03-10-2009, 05:23 PM
the rules of the road apply to stupid pedestrians as well, if you are jay walking you are breaking the law, you are the left turn retard that turns into a person driving straight

Mr_ET
03-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
in any other part of the world you wouldve been dead already. seriously

:werd:

pedestrians in Calgary really frustrate me..

Kennyredline
03-10-2009, 05:43 PM

Lol, I'll climb down to tell you you're an idiot, why should I give my head a shake? for stopping while someone is crossing the road illegally in the freezing weather. Not a big deal to slow or stop nor is it illegal (again back to the basics with your license), if they get a ticket that is their problem.

Nothing to do with restrictions on licenses, go back and read again slower. Whole matter is obvious from the responses in this thread, people don't know the rules of the road yet have licenses. Sounds like something is wrong with the system doesn't it.

Actually, stopping to let someone leave the sidewalk to jaywalk is illegal, it's called impeding the flow of traffic, and it's also stupid and dangerous...just because YOU stopped, doesn't mean drivers in other lanes realise why you have stopped in the middle of the road.

khtm
03-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

Actually, stopping to let someone leave the sidewalk to jaywalk is illegal, it's called impeding the flow of traffic, and it's also stupid and dangerous...just because YOU stopped, doesn't mean drivers in other lanes realise why you have stopped in the middle of the road.

Exactly. And as I said in another thread, my friend's Dad did this in Vancouver and the jaywalker was killed by another car who was confused by him stopping randomly when there was no crosswalk.

Does that make sense now, OP? :rolleyes:

m10-power
03-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by khtm

Exactly. And as I said in another thread, my friend's Dad did this in Vancouver and the jaywalker was killed by another car who was confused by him stopping randomly when there was no crosswalk.

Does that make sense now, OP? :rolleyes:

Did your friends dad get charged? I bet he didn't, should have if it were illegal right?

Hitting the jaywalker IS illegal, unless it can be proven that the driver couldn't possibly stop. As for impeding the flow bullshit, get real. Jaywalker would get the ticket, simple. Seen it happen many times downtown. Maybe the driver would get an aiding and abiding a jaywalker charge, oh I can see the book coming now...

Pedestrian doesn't have the right of way outside a crosswalk or marked crossing point, but that doesn't remove the responsibility of the driver to exercise due care for a pedestrian. (illegally crossing a road or not)

You following khtm and kennyredline or should I type slower and use smaller words, perhaps diagrams, or I could make a cartoon for you to watch.

Sad times in our future with all of these piss poor attitudes and self important impatience.

Typical beyonder :facepalm:

chkolny541
03-10-2009, 10:40 PM

Did your friends dad get charged? I bet he didn't, should have if it were illegal right?

Hitting the jaywalker IS illegal, unless it can be proven that the driver couldn't possibly stop. As for impeding the flow bullshit, get real. Jaywalker would get the ticket, simple. Seen it happen many times downtown. Maybe the driver would get an aiding and abiding a jaywalker charge, oh I can see the book coming now...

Pedestrian doesn't have the right of way outside a crosswalk or marked crossing point, but that doesn't remove the responsibility of the driver to exercise due care for a pedestrian. (illegally crossing a road or not)

You following khtm and kennyredline or should I type slower and use smaller words, perhaps diagrams, or I could make a cartoon for you to watch.

Sad times in our future with all of these piss poor attitudes and self important impatience.

lol! i dont know who you are but i would shake your hand, i have never seen someone hold their own so well when locked in a beyond style e-gangbang, i tip my hat to you sir

Disoblige
03-11-2009, 12:59 AM

I would have to agree. Even if the pedestrian is at fault, the driver would be at fault if he/she wasn't careful enough to try to avoid hitting the pedestrian. Pedestrians in Calgary are really frustrating though I must say.

SilverGS
03-11-2009, 03:09 AM

It's been a while but if I recall if a jaywalker is on the sidewalk then you don't have to yield to them. However, if they step on the road to cross then it is your responsibility to stop, even though they are jaywalking.

If you stop for a jaywalker when you don't have to, regardless of conditions, you could be charged with obstructing the flow of traffic. Highly unlikely you would ever get a ticket for it but a cop could do it I believe.

Say on a cold day you decide to be nice and stop for a jaywalker. Car behind you doesn't realize what you are doing and is unable to stop and rear-ends you. You stopping also causes traffic build up in a place where people shouldn't be stopping. If its freezing then that person should be dressed appropriately and follow the rules and walk to a crosswalk or wait for no traffic to cross.

Kennyredline
03-11-2009, 07:55 AM
^^

That's the problem, if you ever did hit a pedestrian that was jaywalking, the cops would ask you "Did you do all you could to avoid hitting them....?"
The op here is out to lunch...impatience is not the issue here...right-of-way is the issue. This is no different from someone running a red light while I'm going through the intersection on the green.

khtm
03-11-2009, 09:06 AM

Sigh. You're missing the point. You started the thread by lecturing people about drivers not waiting for people walking through crosswalks. Then proceeded to say that as a rule you stop for ANYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE.

I'm simply saying that you're a hypocrite, and if you want to lecture people about following rules, then perhaps you should follow them yourself. By stopping for jaywalkers (I mean before they've left the sidewalk), because you THINK you're doing the "nice" thing, in fact you're being a giant doucebag, throwing a cog in the natural order of traffic flow, confusing other drivers, and potentially causing someone's death.

Get it? Should I type slower and use smaller words, perhaps diagrams, or I could make a cartoon for you to watch? :facepalm:

em2ab
03-11-2009, 10:32 AM
This morning I was driving about to turn right and this bitch walking on the sidewalk just keeps walking right out into the road where I had to slam on the brakes on ice after already starting my right turn to avoid her. I saw her but assumed she had the common sense not to walk with the hand flashing. :whipped:

PGTze
03-11-2009, 06:58 PM
It amazes me how many people walk across the road with their head down. Even if I'm in a cross walk with the lights flashing I'm still looking both ways until I get across that death trap.