PDA

View Full Version : Where to repair broken glass on Iphone

VWEvo
03-09-2009, 09:57 PM
I did it, I dropped my Iphone and I broke the glass. Where in the city can I take my phone to have it repaired??

v2kai
03-10-2009, 02:48 AM
try apple as quite a few have had luck getting it replaced for free. if not pm me i can help.

Team_Mclaren
03-10-2009, 02:58 AM
is yours 3g or 2g? I broke my 2G screen a month ago:(

sr20s14zenki
03-10-2009, 05:52 AM
I'll have a parts iphone 3g when my new one gets here from rogers. The whole phone works fine, cept that the 3g stopped working, so i smacked the back of the phone against a wall, and now 3g has been working for like a month. Im guessing loose solder? Dunno, anyways, screen is still good, whole phone is 8/10 condition.

eblend
03-10-2009, 08:58 AM
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14833

Free shipping

civic_epidemic
03-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
is yours 3g or 2g? I broke my 2G screen a month ago:(

Book an appointment at the Apple store to get one of them to take a look at it.

*Taken out because it was unnecessary*

benyl
03-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by civic_epidemic

ps Mclaren - the iPhone only comes in the first version and the second version (3g).....the g refers to wireless cellphone standards, not generation.

Was that really necessary?

I think he post was quite clear. He never once mentioned the generation of the phone. He has a 2G phone as in the 1st generation that is likely unlocked and used on a current GSM provider.

By the way, the G is for Generation of the wireless network. EDGE is considered 2G or the second generation of the GSM wireless network (really 2.75).

v2kai
03-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by eblend
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14833

Free shipping

just so you dont waste your time and money. do what everyone is suggesting try apple first, but if you need it fixed i can help ya. dont buy this cuz there's no way youre replacing the glass without the digitizer lol you need to replace them both at the same time:thumbsup: (no offense eblend) lol

VWEvo
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by v2kai

just so you dont waste your time and money. do what everyone is suggesting try apple first, but if you need it fixed i can help ya. dont buy this cuz there's no way youre replacing the glass without the digitizer lol you need to replace them both at the same time:thumbsup: (no offense eblend) lol

Thanks,

I'll take it to them this weekend, if not i'll get in touch with you.

eblend
03-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by v2kai

i just got my iphone yesturday, what do i know haha, i just remember seeing it when i spend like 4 hours bored at work browsing everything that dealextreme was selling

Zero102
03-13-2009, 02:27 PM
DX also has the screen with digitizer but it is around $48, a bit more but still one of the cheapest places to get it.

Zero102
04-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Any luck with this? Looking to have my screen replaced today and I am wondering how you guys have gotten Apple to agree to replace the screen / phone for free.

If they say no I will order the glass + digitizer from DX, but I was hoping Apple might change it for free :D

Zero102
04-22-2009, 09:25 AM
So, update in case anybody cares.
Went to the apple store yesterday and after being told flat-out "No physical damage is NOT covered" on my first trip in 5 months ago, I got told "Everybody gets 1 free replacement for physical damage" on this trip. New iPhone is on my desk right now :D

Last time it just had a little chip in the screen, this time there was a big chunk missing and a crack that went the whole way across.