PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Tim Hortons Brier

Eleanor
03-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Wow, how is there no thread about this yet?

Anyone watching the draws or going to them? I've got tickets to the Alberta - Ontario draw :D

malcolmk14
03-10-2009, 02:28 PM
The Thursday night Alberta/Ontario game will likely be lacking a little lustre since they will almost certainly play each other Friday night in the first playoff game also. I expect Thursday to be a feeling out process for both teams. They're vying for an olympic berth so the weekend should bring out the best in both Martin and Howard.

Alberta and Ontario rinks are both still unbeaten, and Howard's last rock yesterday against Saskatchewan was just sick.

I'll be there Saturday night for the semifinal. Hoping to see a good match, hopefully Gushue/Howard or Stoughton/Howard.

2002civic
03-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Go NFLD!!!!

guessboi
03-11-2009, 09:00 PM
I went on monday night and will be going again this coming friday night as well. Company event box seats with free food. lol. $240+ a ticket, wished I could have sold it. :rofl:
Monday last shot by ontario was amazing! :clap:

Eleanor
03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Alberta - Ontario tonight, who's going to win?

bigboom
03-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Alberta - Ontario tonight, who's going to win?

as much as i hate to say it Ontario is probably going to win, Howard has thrown some insane shots this tourney and last night against manitoba martin got lucky.

95teetee
03-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Nice win for Kevin:)

R154
03-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Cant wait for the playoffs.

Couldnt believe how howard missed that hairline double.

It was an excellent draw. F U Eleanor. Lucky SOB.

Eleanor
03-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by R154
It was an excellent draw. F U Eleanor. Lucky SOB. :poosie:

Yeah it was a good draw, now that we've seen how close these teams are, it'll make this weekend very interesting.

mowglee
03-13-2009, 10:16 AM
just out of curiosity, no disrespect or anything, but how do the fans get all crazy at a curling game. you know at hockey games someone scores and the fans are all like YAAAHHH and high fiving each other and beer flying all over the place, how does that work at a curling match? enlighten me...

bigboom
03-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by mowglee
just out of curiosity, no disrespect or anything, but how do the fans get all crazy at a curling game. you know at hockey games someone scores and the fans are all like YAAAHHH and high fiving each other and beer flying all over the place, how does that work at a curling match? enlighten me...

usually after a nice shot the crowd will react...and usually that means at the end of the end as well. if you actually get out and try curling you will appreciate some of the shots that these guys throw a lot more, some of those that johnny morris threw yesterday were bang on perfect.

R154
03-13-2009, 01:36 PM
curling is like a more complex version of shuffle board, and incorperates elements of chess.

It is kind of sophisticated, it isnt a game that you get hammered and watch.

Its all about the vibe of the entire crowd. Its a very cool spectator sport, but is better to play.

95teetee
03-13-2009, 09:30 PM
"fuck yeah!"

:rofl:

kertejud2
03-13-2009, 09:54 PM

Well a good shot is a good shot, that last skip stone can get pretty intense . Its also a group mentality. Get 10-15,000 curling fans in a building and they're going to cheer. Curling fans are a different breed as well, its not a game you can passively like really, if you're a curler, you love curling.

I loved playing it drunk in uni, but the real curlers didn't really care for us.

2.0turbo
03-14-2009, 01:14 PM

I was there on thursday, alta vs ont and we did the wave. Does that count?

R154
03-14-2009, 03:00 PM
cant wait for tonights game. I really want to see how consitent ontario is on their run backs. Howard has been on fucking fire. His is definetly going to give Kevin a good run for his money.

Question, why isnt Kevin representing in the olympics?

bigboom
03-14-2009, 04:19 PM
cant wait for tonights game. I really want to see how consitent ontario is on their run backs. Howard has been on fucking fire. His is definetly going to give Kevin a good run for his money.

Question, why isnt Kevin representing in the olympics?

the olympic qualifiers happen later.

R154
03-15-2009, 10:49 PM
10-4 bitches!!

95teetee
03-16-2009, 07:51 AM
10-4 bitches!! something good comes out of Edmonton...I guess the City of Champions sign can stay up another year:rofl:

Eleanor
03-16-2009, 09:50 AM
It's good to see Martin win, it really shows how dominant he actually is.

And :rofl: at Stoughton's last shot, it's good to see the Ice-Man show a little sense of humour.

bigboom
03-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
It's good to see Martin win, it really shows how dominant he actually is.

And :rofl: at Stoughton's last shot, it's good to see the Ice-Man show a little sense of humour.

he pulled off that 360 degree release in another tournament before too. :)