PDA

View Full Version : Shisha Suggestions

Fire_chickin
03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
For all you shisha smokers out there...

I'm stuck in a bit of a rut with my shisha and want to try some other flavours (banana, strawberry and cherry have been my staples for a while now).

I want to add some different ones into my next order, but I hate buying something that turns me off of my hookah for a couple weeks.

Any personal favourites?

Anything you absolutely avoid?

Thanks in advance...

ercchry
03-10-2009, 03:54 PM
white grape :drool:

white grape + a little mint + a little... special ingredient= perfect

EK 2.0
03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
I have to agree...

White Grape Mint is my favourite....its my staple when I hit up Narah...

if not...

Then I go strait mint...and it's akin to menthols...haha...

Fire_chickin
03-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Interesting combo

I've never tried white grape but I tried regular grape and wasn't impressed. Tasted like smoking old raisins. But I might have to give the white grape a try...

GQBalla
03-10-2009, 04:18 PM
White grape mint ftw!!!! Always have that when I'm at narah

zipdoa
03-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
white grape :drool:

white grape + a little mint + a little... special ingredient= perfect

:werd:

Al-Fakher White Grape + a good hookah (one with an ice bowl around the neck) + ice in the bottom + PGS = :thumbsup:

ercchry
03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

Al-Fakher White Grape + a good hookah (one with an ice bowl around the neck) + ice in the bottom + PGS = :thumbsup:

same brand i have here haha... i find ice in the bottom makes it too hard to inhale though, and i get lots of water in the hose

eur0
03-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Strange you guys all say that because white grape and mint are the only two flavors I have, but haven't mixed them yet...

I will have to try it.

zipdoa
03-10-2009, 05:04 PM
I have this one:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3269/2492440837_4a7af81d83.jpg

throw some ice up top and a tiny bit in the bottom (more if you have a heeba diffuser), and you're golden. Smoke is much thicker and tastier with ice!

ercchry
03-10-2009, 05:09 PM
where does one buy a hookah like that? that thing is huge! haha

zipdoa
03-10-2009, 05:20 PM

found mine at a&a for a great deal... paid $120 for everything. probably worth closer to $300. try online, search "hookah with ice bowl"

ghust
03-10-2009, 08:05 PM

also try the carpet store in northland mall

G-ZUS
03-10-2009, 08:17 PM

OP do not get banana flavour it tastes like ass

RX-7_TWINTURBO
03-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Where are your ordering from ? I'm assuming online somewhere.. what are the duties like on your orders ?

4lti7ude
03-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Red bull and Cola is my favorite.

vipstyle2
03-10-2009, 10:05 PM
WHITE GRAPE !!!

Shunsui
03-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Cinnamon/Honey this is so nice with a cup of coffee or tea, because the shisha actually smells and tastes like tea, also margarita/watermelon is pretty dope, white grape is not bad too, also try margarita, strawberry and a lil watermelon, I love having mixed shisha adds a nice distinct flavour to it. Also just wondering if Narah has any of those flavours, might have to abandon my current shisha spot.

BlackFyre
03-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Where are you ordering your shisha from?

It's hard as hell to find a good place to buy shisha and pipes from locally, either the place only carries double apple, or COMPLETELY rips you off on the shisha prices (*cough*Jimmy's*cough*).

I tried ordering from hookah-shisha.com, and the prices were damn cheap, UNTIL I got my bill for tobacco taxes and duties and shit, my $100 order turned into owing close to $300.

However, I paid it, and I'm glad I did. The Romman Pineapple/Grapefruit shit was AMAZING.

I think we need a Shisha section on beyond, get some opinions on brands, pipes, locations, etc... Instead of all these threads all over the place.

Fire_chickin
03-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by BlackFyre
Where are you ordering your shisha from?

It's hard as hell to find a good place to buy shisha and pipes from locally, either the place only carries double apple, or COMPLETELY rips you off on the shisha prices (*cough*Jimmy's*cough*).

I tried ordering from hookah-shisha.com, and the prices were damn cheap, UNTIL I got my bill for tobacco taxes and duties and shit, my $100 order turned into owing close to $300.

However, I paid it, and I'm glad I did. The Romman Pineapple/Grapefruit shit was AMAZING.

I think we need a Shisha section on beyond, get some opinions on brands, pipes, locations, etc... Instead of all these threads all over the place.

For ordering shisha I just have to suck it up, order online and pay the duty.

I buy my pipes in the states and drive them back. I get a good deal if I buy a lot of them.

a social dsease
03-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Coconut - so delicious and smooth

Fire_chickin
03-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Good call ^^

It's a good mixer too.

Ok adding that to my list for sure.

orangefreddie
03-11-2009, 11:33 AM
A thread about sheesha, and no one yet has mentioned Cafe Med? Surprising.

Banana FTW, although I have never tried White Grape. Looks like I will have to next time I'm at the Med.

ercchry
03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by orangefreddie

this could be because narah is the best and everyone here knows it haha.... but really i have just been smoking at home lately since i do not like the 20min drive home when i am trying to be relaxed after

zain123
03-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Fumari - Mojito Mojo (amaaaazing flavor), White Peach
Alfakher - Green Apple (its their golden line) eskandari i think its called.., Orange
StarBuzz - strawberry explosion i think i had it was retarded !

other good flavors

Apricot - starbuzz
Lychee - afzal is the brand i had iirc

try that for now n leme know what u think

and thanks everyone for support :thumbsup:

bashir26
03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Shunsui
Cinnamon/Honey this is so nice with a cup of coffee or tea, because the shisha actually smells and tastes like tea, also margarita/watermelon is pretty dope, white grape is not bad too, also try margarita, strawberry and a lil watermelon, I love having mixed shisha adds a nice distinct flavour to it. Also just wondering if Narah has any of those flavours, might have to abandon my current shisha spot.

Black grape, grenadine, and strawberry mixed with grenadine and peach is deadly.

As for narah having those flavors I dont really know, but what I do know is that their bottles does not blow smoke any close to as much as your current spot ;)
but what I will give narah is they have good customer service, solid spot (how the interior looks) and good drinks.

zain123
03-11-2009, 01:30 PM
we did carry honey at one point but decided against it on the long run because honey stains the pipes really nicely so unless we dedicate pipes for that certain flavor (which is next to impossible), it just tastes like crap

we do serve watermelon atm..
look out for summer, bringing in some amazing flavors this year !

zorb1
03-11-2009, 02:01 PM
beyond shisha meet?

bashir26
03-11-2009, 02:14 PM

throw some ice up top and a tiny bit in the bottom (more if you have a heeba diffuser), and you're golden. Smoke is much thicker and tastier with ice!

ice up top?

I'll post how my bottle looks later its really sweet.

zain123
03-11-2009, 02:44 PM
ice just keeps the pipe cooler
colder the pipe usually has more smoke

aha beyond sheesha meet?
how about a sheesha cruise :burnout:

zorb1
03-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by zain123
ice just keeps the pipe cooler
colder the pipe usually has more smoke

aha beyond sheesha meet?
how about a sheesha cruise :burnout:

worrrrd :poosie:

D_2K
03-11-2009, 02:58 PM
double apple is my fave!

Fire_chickin
03-11-2009, 03:36 PM
OK done the double apple to death.

Def tired of that one.

But it does seem to be a steady favourite with everyone I smoke with.

Shunsui
03-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by bashir26

ice up top?

I'll post how my bottle looks later its really sweet.
Yea theres some new hookahs I saw that were brought from dubai where it has like some "extra place" right under the bowl where the tobacco is put, and you can add some ice cubes there pretty cool. As for smoke I only noticed a little difference with mine but its cool nonetheless.

Fire_chickin
03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Depending on your pipe you can make your own pretty easily out of a tin can.

But putting ice in the bowl usually works fine for me.

BlackFyre
03-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Does anyone use the Three Kings Coals and have any problems with it? I've been using them forever, and It just seems like they aren't burning properly, and after lighting them, letting them ash white, and blowing on them to for a while, the bottom still goes black and barely any smoke is developed.

Fire_chickin
03-12-2009, 12:01 AM
I use them. Never had a problem though.

Did you leave them out of the package?
The kerosene evaporates if you do and they won't light evenly.

Shunsui
03-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by orangefreddie

Banana FTW, although I have never tried White Grape. Looks like I will have to next time I'm at the Med.
That's cause Cafe Med is wack

orangefreddie
03-16-2009, 02:37 PM
How's coconut? I've never tried it, but sounds delicious.

Fire_chickin
03-16-2009, 03:09 PM
It's a pretty mild shisha that adds a sweet flavour to a bowl.

More of a mixer than anything else.

Great with anything with a citrus flavour.

Azn_2nr
03-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Vanilla + Coke is good

Fire_chickin
03-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah, vanilla seems to make almost anything better.

bashir26
03-17-2009, 10:03 AM
We should have a beyond mega group buy on shisha. Hopefully save on shipping and custom charges!

G-ZUS
03-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Im going to the middle east in june ill bring back a shitload :poosie:

FreakinPrince
03-17-2009, 11:23 AM
does anyone know where i can purchase a small hookah instead of those big ass ones?

any local store or at least tell me which store you prefer to deal with?

thanks

zipdoa
03-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Im going to the middle east in june ill bring back a shitload :poosie:

You'll try, but customs will tax the fuck out of you, and you'll decide to only bring back a little bit. And then you'll find out it's not a good deal after bringing it home.

Klew
03-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Ya, I bought about $80 worth of sheesha (1.88 kg) online through the website smoking-hookah.com and was taxed $350 when it got here. I sent it back.. no lychee sheesha for me :(

bashir26
03-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Klew
Ya, I bought about $80 worth of sheesha (1.88 kg) online through the website smoking-hookah.com and was taxed $350 when it got here. I sent it back.. no lychee sheesha for me :(

Man that sucks. I ordered 12 250g shisha packs and did not get charged taxes. My aunt ordered 10 and got charged close to $800 of taxes.

zorb1
03-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by bashir26

Man that sucks. I ordered 12 250g shisha packs and did not get charged taxes. My aunt ordered 10 and got charged close to $800 of taxes.

you guys got lucky, really you're not allowed to get tobacco from anywhere outside of ALBERTA, you're not even allowed to get it within canada from different provinces. Canada is cool in that instead of charging you they just rape the shit outta you with taxes, and hopefully make you send it back haha

bashir26
03-17-2009, 10:56 PM
man that sucks. If you include shipping when you order like 6 packs of shisha it comes out to $17 a pack...its close to $50 here in calgary

ercchry
03-21-2009, 09:34 PM
so i made a "ice bowl" ghetto as hell but it is so much better then regular

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5905/hookah.jpg

Fire_chickin
03-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Nice work!

I'll have to try something like that.

CUG
03-23-2009, 12:54 AM
I didn't find Narrah's to be any better than Cafe Med at all.. maybe if I rolled in there with some Sevens on it would be a different experience.

My religiously smoked flavours:

Mango
Peach

and of course

Double apple.

Trying to find a source for other flavours without spending a shit ton. I buy my stuff from Cafe Med.. decent prices and I really like them there.

BlackFyre
03-23-2009, 02:01 AM
If you ever get the chance to, mix Romman Ivory Coast (Pineapple/Grapefruit) with Nakhla Margarita, it's by far the best I've ever had. I wish I had the cash to blow and order more Romman shisha from hookah-shisha.com because that shit was awesome, however the $300 in tobacco taxes and duties was a bit of a kick in the groinage.

turbotrip
03-23-2009, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by CUG
I didn't find Narrah's to be any better than Cafe Med at all.. maybe if I rolled in there with some Sevens on it would be a different experience.

hahah true story

CUG
03-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip

hahah true story I'm not slamming the place, but I ate there and smoked and hung out for an hour while getting some paperwork finished, didn't seem like the place for a dress code. I can go to med hoodied up and they don't give a shit... the food's just as good.

mowglee
03-24-2009, 09:26 AM
fuzzy navel!!
med doesnt have it, neither does la brava. havent been to narrah so i dont know if they have it or not.

bashir26
03-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by mowglee
fuzzy navel!!
med doesnt have it, neither does la brava. havent been to narrah so i dont know if they have it or not.

fuzzy navel? how does it taste?

eur0
03-24-2009, 12:59 PM
You guys know any good online sites for buying pipes? Or should I just check out a&a's? Anywhere else?

ABteg00
03-27-2009, 06:20 PM
How do you guys store it once its already opend?

ziplock and throw it in the fridge / freezer,
or just jeep it at room temp?

BlackFyre
03-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by eur0
You guys know any good online sites for buying pipes? Or should I just check out a&a's? Anywhere else?

I used to buy all my shit at Jimmy's place (A&A) until I realized the brutal rip off it was. $80 a tub for Al Fakher stuff, when you can buy it for less than $20 if you find a good place. www.hookahhub.com says they will try and have it shipped to you in the best way to avoid tobacco taxes, but you have to take that with a grain of salt.

www.hookah-shisha.com carries Romman shit, which is amazing. But then you'll have to suck it up and pay the tobacco taxes, which makes it comparable in price to Jimmy's.

Sheffields in Chinook sells shisha too, It's some Jewel brand name, and it's alright, the mixed fruit was pretty decent, but it's expensive as hell for the amount you get. $25 for 50g I believe.

YUSEF21
03-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Word. Jimmy's sheesha is fukin $$$$$$$$

BlackFyre
03-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Let's say you have a buddy who lives in the USA, and he buys the shisha for you, and decides to give you a sweet ass birthday present of a bunch of tubs of shisha, and so he mails the package to you labeled as a gift, maybe wraps them up inside the package, and throws a birthday card in for authenticity. What would happen then?

Fire_chickin
04-07-2009, 02:52 PM
You'd probably get away with it.

As long as it doesn't come from a business address.

Bumjubeo
04-13-2009, 02:38 AM
I purchased 3 containers of the Tangiers brand of shisha from hookah-shisha.com

This stuff is amazing, its perfectly moist and smokes really really well(Almost better than Romman)

I also have to say my favorite flavour of shisha is Eskindrani Apple(Basically a mixture of Rose and Apple)

Fire_chickin
04-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah Tangiers is really good for the money.

I tried their orange cream a while ago and it was awesome.

Still gotta go with Al Fahker though for the best smoke.

rdy2xlr8
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
if you guys buy online. try starbuzz blue mist, it's the best